|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through force.
(b) Through his own voluntary action.
(c) Through deception.
(d) Through bribes.
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Eight Thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Five Thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Africa.
(b) To destroy Rome.
(c) To befriend the Romans.
(d) To join Africa.
4. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
(a) He is confused by them.
(b) He does not learn of them until after the battle.
(c) He obeys them.
(d) He disobeys them.
5. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Vibius's death.
(b) Cinna's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) Marius's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
4. How many brothers did Crassus have?
5. How does Crassus often loan money?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)