|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He defeats Sulla.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He surrenders.
2. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is not aware of it.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is jealous.
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) Marius's education.
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
5. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of dirt.
(b) A piece of wool.
(c) A piece of broken wood.
(d) A piece of metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
2. What personality does Crassus have?
3. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
4. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
5. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)