|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(d) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
2. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of wool.
(b) A piece of broken wood.
(c) A piece of dirt.
(d) A piece of metal.
3. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
4. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(b) He banishes some of his men from the military.
(c) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(d) He executes some of his own men.
5. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through force.
(b) Through deception.
(c) Through bribes.
(d) Through his own voluntary action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
2. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
3. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
4. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
5. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)