|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is trying to protect Marius.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
(d) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(c) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(d) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
3. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(d) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
4. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
5. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They become tired.
(b) They refuse to fight.
(c) They become over confident.
(d) They become outnumbered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
3. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
4. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
5. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)