|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is trying to protect Marius.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
2. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) Sulla kills him.
(b) He is exiled from the camp.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is captured by Sulla.
3. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through his own voluntary action.
(b) Through deception.
(c) Through force.
(d) Through bribes.
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Asia.
(d) Invade Athens.
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be exiled.
(b) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(c) A list of men to be punished.
(d) A list of men to be rewarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
2. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
3. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
4. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
5. How does Crassus often loan money?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)