|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(b) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(d) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
2. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They refused to fight against Marius.
(b) They included people from various countries.
(c) They did not represent a political state.
(d) They included women and children.
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His wars.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His death.
4. How many brothers did Crassus have?
5. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are looking for revenge.
(b) They slowly build their soldiers.
(c) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(d) They escape from a cruel leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
2. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
3. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
4. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
5. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)