|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
3. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
4. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is vengeful.
(c) He is well mannered.
(d) He is short tempered.
5. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
(a) Crassus's friend.
(b) Crassus's uncle and cousin.
(c) Crassus's entire family.
(d) Crassus's father and brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
2. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
3. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
4. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
5. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)