|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The people's urging.
(b) The consul's urging.
(c) A compliment from Scipio.
(d) A compliment from Caesar.
2. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) He is severely wounded.
(b) He becomes confused.
(c) An illness.
(d) The loss of his son.
3. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) In exile.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In an execution by Marius.
(d) The dungeon.
4. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(b) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(d) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
5. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(b) He is sentenced to death.
(c) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(d) He is exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
2. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
3. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
4. How does Crassus often loan money?
5. What is Marius's statue made out of?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)