|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(b) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
2. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
3. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Vibius's death.
(b) Marius's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) Cinna's death.
4. What causes Sulla's death?
(b) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
(c) He is killed by an enemy.
(d) An ulcer.
5. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Cimbri.
(c) The Celtiberians.
(d) The Tuetones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
3. What language did Marius speak very little of?
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. How does Crassus often loan money?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)