|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
2. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(b) A relative.
(c) A soothsayer.
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Celtiberians.
(b) The Tuetones.
(c) The Cimbri.
4. How was Marius raised?
(a) With no specific standards.
(b) To the modern Roman standards.
(c) To the ancient Roman standards.
(d) Against the ancient Roman standards.
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)