|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(b) He alerts the Parthians.
(c) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(d) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
2. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
3. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy winds.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(b) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(c) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(d) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
5. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) The loss of his son.
(b) He becomes confused.
(c) He is severely wounded.
(d) An illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of mines does Crassus own?
2. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
3. What causes Sulla's death?
4. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
5. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)