|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(b) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(c) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(d) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
3. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Three years.
4. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
5. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
3. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
4. How was Marius raised?
5. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)