|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
(b) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
(c) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(d) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
2. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A soothsayer.
(c) A relative.
3. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(b) He is trying to protect Marius.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
4. What is Marius's statue made out of?
5. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
(a) An escort.
(b) Extra food.
(d) A reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
2. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
3. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
4. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
5. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)