|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Seven years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
2. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Scipio.
(b) The people's urging.
(c) A compliment from Caesar.
(d) The consul's urging.
3. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(c) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
4. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(b) St. Etienne.
5. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
2. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
3. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
4. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
5. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)