|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
2. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be punished.
(b) A list of men to be exiled.
(c) A list of men to be rewarded.
(d) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He was killed by Sulla.
(b) He had pleurisy.
(c) He became delusional.
(d) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
4. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(d) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
5. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His wars.
(b) His death.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
2. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
5. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)