|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(c) St. Etienne.
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
(a) The size of his military.
(b) Weapons from Ariamnes.
(c) Information from Ariamnes.
(d) The size of the enemy's military.
4. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(b) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(c) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
2. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
4. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
5. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)