|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A major ally to Rome.
(b) An uncivilized province.
(c) A civilized province.
(d) A major supplier of food for Rome.
2. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(b) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(c) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(d) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He executes some of his own men.
(b) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(c) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
(d) He banishes some of his men from the military.
5. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(c) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(d) Invade Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
2. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
3. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
4. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
5. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)