|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(b) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(c) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
2. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Celtiberians.
(b) The Cimbri.
(d) The Tuetones.
4. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
5. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(b) He was killed by Sulla.
(c) He had pleurisy.
(d) He became delusional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
2. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
3. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
4. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
5. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)