|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(b) The Celtiberians.
(c) The Cimbri.
(d) The Tuetones.
2. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
(a) The he is reducing the size of the military.
(b) That he is doubling the size of the military.
(c) That his past acts are exonerated.
(d) That his relatives' past acts are exonerated.
3. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They refuse to fight.
(b) They become outnumbered.
(c) They become tired.
(d) They become over confident.
4. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) One year.
5. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(b) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(d) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marius marry?
2. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
3. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
4. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)