|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(b) They slowly build their soldiers.
(c) They escape from a cruel leader.
(d) They are looking for revenge.
2. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Tuetones.
(c) The Celtiberians.
(d) The Cimbri.
3. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
(a) That he is doubling the size of the military.
(b) The he is reducing the size of the military.
(c) That his past acts are exonerated.
(d) That his relatives' past acts are exonerated.
4. What is Marius's statue made out of?
5. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(d) Heavy winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
5. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)