|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Marius speak very little of?
2. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
3. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(c) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
4. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of corn.
(b) Mass distribution of wheat.
(c) Limited distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of corn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
2. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
3. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
5. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)