|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(c) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(b) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(d) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
4. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) His father's death.
(b) Vibius's death.
(c) Cinna's death.
(d) Marius's death.
5. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
3. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
4. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)