|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
2. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
(b) The elimination of the military.
(c) The increase in the size of the military.
(d) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
3. What language did Marius speak very little of?
4. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They slowly build their soldiers.
(b) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(c) They are looking for revenge.
(d) They escape from a cruel leader.
5. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Leave Rome.
(d) Leave the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
2. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
3. What personality does Crassus have?
4. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
5. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)