|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Sulla's death?
(a) An ulcer.
(c) He is killed by an enemy.
(d) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
2. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) In exile.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) In an execution by Marius.
(d) On the battlefield.
3. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
4. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is well mannered.
(b) He is short tempered.
(c) He is vengeful.
(d) He is arrogant.
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)