|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Crassus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(b) An uncivilized province.
(c) A major ally to Rome.
(d) A civilized province.
2. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(a) His conscience.
(b) A lack of supplies.
(d) Bad omens.
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He was killed by Sulla.
(b) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(c) He had pleurisy.
(d) He became delusional.
4. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Leave the military.
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) Marius's education.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) The number of children Marius had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. What type of mines does Crassus own?
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)