|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(a) St. Etienne.
2. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The people's urging.
(b) The consul's urging.
(c) A compliment from Caesar.
(d) A compliment from Scipio.
3. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(c) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
4. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He ties with his opponent.
(c) He wins it.
(d) He withdraws from the race.
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(b) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(c) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
2. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
3. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
4. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
5. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)