|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
(a) The hot water cures.
(b) The hot wine cures.
(c) The cold water cures.
(d) The cold wine cures.
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(b) She becomes ill.
(c) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(d) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
3. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(b) The increase in the size of the military.
(c) The elimination of the military.
(d) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Caesar's house.
(b) His own house.
(c) Marius's house.
(d) Jugurtha's house.
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
5. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)