|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(b) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(c) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(d) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
2. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
3. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(b) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
4. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave the military.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Leave Rome.
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(c) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(d) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
2. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
4. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
5. Whom does Marius marry?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)