|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Sulla.
(b) A relative of Caesar.
(c) A relative of Jugurtha.
(d) A relative of Marius.
2. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A civilized province.
(b) A major ally to Rome.
(c) An uncivilized province.
(d) A major supplier of food for Rome.
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They included women and children.
(b) They included people from various countries.
(c) They refused to fight against Marius.
(d) They did not represent a political state.
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(b) A relative.
(c) A soothsayer.
5. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
3. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
4. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
5. How was Marius raised?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)