|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is thrown to his death.
(b) He is given a political position.
(c) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(d) He is exiled.
2. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To join Africa.
(b) To destroy Rome.
(c) To destroy Africa.
(d) To befriend the Romans.
3. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Jugurtha's house.
(b) Marius's house.
(c) Caesar's house.
(d) His own house.
4. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The consul's urging.
(b) A compliment from Scipio.
(c) A compliment from Caesar.
(d) The people's urging.
5. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Marius.
(b) A relative of Sulla.
(c) A relative of Jugurtha.
(d) A relative of Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
2. What causes Sulla's death?
3. What language did Marius speak very little of?
4. What is Marius's statue made out of?
5. Whom does Marius marry?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)