|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(c) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of wheat.
(b) Limited distribution of corn.
(c) Limited distribution of wheat.
(d) Mass distribution of corn.
3. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(c) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
4. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) Heavy winds.
(c) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(d) His men are too tired.
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be rewarded.
(b) A list of men to be punished.
(c) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
(d) A list of men to be exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
2. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
3. What is Marius's statue made out of?
4. What language did Marius speak very little of?
5. How was Marius raised?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)