|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He is trying to protect Marius.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of corn.
(b) Limited distribution of corn.
(c) Mass distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
3. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) Heavy winds.
(c) His men are too tired.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A relative.
(b) A soothsayer.
5. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(b) He sues for peace.
(c) He defeats Sulla.
(d) He surrenders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)