|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(c) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(d) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
2. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Africa.
(b) To destroy Rome.
(c) To befriend the Romans.
(d) To join Africa.
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He was killed by Sulla.
(b) He had pleurisy.
(c) He became delusional.
(d) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
4. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His death.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His wars.
5. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Marius's statue made out of?
2. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
3. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
4. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
5. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)