|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(c) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
2. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(c) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
3. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Caesar.
(b) The people's urging.
(c) A compliment from Scipio.
(d) The consul's urging.
4. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is thrown to his death.
(b) He is given a political position.
(c) He is exiled.
(d) He is allowed to fight in the military.
5. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(b) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(c) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(d) She becomes ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Sulla's death?
2. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
4. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
5. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)