|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) No times.
(c) Three times.
2. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The consul's urging.
(b) The people's urging.
(c) A compliment from Scipio.
(d) A compliment from Caesar.
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(b) The Tuetones.
(c) The Celtiberians.
(d) The Cimbri.
4. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(b) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(c) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(d) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
2. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
3. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
4. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)