|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(b) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
2. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
3. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) Three times.
(d) No times.
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be exiled.
(b) A list of men to be rewarded.
(c) A list of men to be punished.
(d) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
2. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
3. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)