|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(a) St. Etienne.
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She is captured by one of his enemies.
3. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through bribes.
(b) Through his own voluntary action.
(c) Through force.
(d) Through deception.
4. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(b) Heavy winds.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) His men are too tired.
5. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(b) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(c) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
2. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
3. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
4. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)