|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(b) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Marius.
(b) A relative of Sulla.
(c) A relative of Caesar.
(d) A relative of Jugurtha.
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) No times.
(b) Three times.
5. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Caesar's house.
(b) Marius's house.
(c) Jugurtha's house.
(d) His own house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
3. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
5. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)