|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(b) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(d) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(d) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
3. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy winds.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(d) Heavy rain.
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(d) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
5. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(b) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She becomes ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
2. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
4. How was Marius raised?
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)