|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of corn.
(b) Limited distribution of wheat.
(c) Mass distribution of wheat.
(d) Mass distribution of corn.
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(b) He was killed by Sulla.
(c) He had pleurisy.
(d) He became delusional.
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(c) A relative.
(d) A soothsayer.
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(b) An uncivilized province.
(c) A civilized province.
(d) A major ally to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
2. Whom does Marius marry?
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
4. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
5. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)