|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He belittles them repeatedly.
(b) He subjects them to manual labor.
(c) He kills one of them as an example.
(d) He threatens them.
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They did not represent a political state.
(b) They refused to fight against Marius.
(c) They included people from various countries.
(d) They included women and children.
4. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He stops all outside trade agreements.
(c) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
5. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Rome.
(b) To join Africa.
(c) To befriend the Romans.
(d) To destroy Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
2. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
3. What is Turpillius's fate?
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)