|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(b) Three times.
(d) No times.
2. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(d) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
4. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(b) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She becomes ill.
5. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(a) San Michele.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Marius raised?
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
3. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
5. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)