|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(b) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(c) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(d) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's education.
(d) Marius's war skills.
4. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(c) He stops all outside trade agreements.
(d) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(b) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
2. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
3. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
4. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
5. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)