|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Tuetones.
(c) The Celtiberians.
(d) The Cimbri.
2. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They did not represent a political state.
(b) They refused to fight against Marius.
(c) They included women and children.
(d) They included people from various countries.
3. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of corn.
(b) Mass distribution of corn.
(c) Mass distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(d) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
3. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)