|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He is trying to protect Marius.
(d) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(c) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
3. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(c) No times.
(d) Three times.
4. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(c) Marius's education.
(d) The number of children Marius had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
4. What is Turpillius's fate?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)