|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(c) St. Etienne.
3. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(d) He is sentenced to death.
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Africa.
(b) To join Africa.
(c) To destroy Rome.
(d) To befriend the Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
2. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
3. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
4. What is Marius's statue made out of?
5. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)