|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Marius's statue made out of?
2. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is trying to protect Marius.
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
(a) The Tuetones.
(c) The Cimbri.
(d) The Celtiberians.
4. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of children Marius had.
(b) Marius's education.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
5. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) No times.
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
3. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
4. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
5. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)