|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His death.
(d) His wars.
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(d) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
3. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(b) He is trying to protect Marius.
(c) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
4. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
5. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Marius raised?
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)