|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) Marius's education.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) The number of children Marius had.
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(c) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(d) He is sentenced to death.
3. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His marriage.
(c) His death.
(d) His wars.
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) Three times.
(c) No times.
5. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) The people's urging.
(b) A compliment from Caesar.
(c) A compliment from Scipio.
(d) The consul's urging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
5. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)