|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Limited distribution of corn.
(b) Limited distribution of wheat.
(c) Mass distribution of wheat.
(d) Mass distribution of corn.
2. What language did Marius speak very little of?
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's war skills.
(b) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(c) Marius's education.
(d) The number of children Marius had.
4. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) On the battlefield.
(b) In an execution by Marius.
(c) In exile.
(d) The dungeon.
5. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His death.
(b) His wars.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
3. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
4. Whom does Marius marry?
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)