|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(d) San Michele.
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of wheat.
(b) Mass distribution of corn.
(c) Limited distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of corn.
3. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(d) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
5. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
3. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
4. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
5. How was Marius raised?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)