|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(d) St. Etienne.
3. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(b) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(c) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(d) Invade Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
4. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
5. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)