|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Marius speak very little of?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(a) San Michele.
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) No times.
(b) Three times.
5. How was Marius raised?
(a) With no specific standards.
(b) To the ancient Roman standards.
(c) To the modern Roman standards.
(d) Against the ancient Roman standards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
3. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)