|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Marius.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(b) He was killed by Sulla.
(c) He became delusional.
(d) He had pleurisy.
2. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(c) San Michele.
3. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
4. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) To destroy Rome.
(b) To destroy Africa.
(c) To join Africa.
(d) To befriend the Romans.
5. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
3. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
4. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
5. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)