Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language did Marius speak very little of?
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(d) St. Etienne.
3. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
(a) He executes some of his own men.
(b) He banishes some of his men from the military.
(c) He forces some of his men to go into the next battle unarmed.
(d) He hands over some of his men to the Spartans.
4. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
5. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He subjects them to manual labor.
(c) He belittles them repeatedly.
(d) He kills one of them as an example.
Short Answer Questions
1. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
2. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
3. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
4. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)