|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(a) San Michele.
2. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) No times.
(c) Three times.
3. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Caesar's house.
(b) Jugurtha's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) Marius's house.
4. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
5. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(d) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
5. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)