|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Marius's death.
(b) Vibius's death.
(c) Cinna's death.
(d) His father's death.
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His marriage.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His wars.
(d) His death.
3. When must Pompey make his decision to befriend Crassus, according to the man of the equestrian order's vision?
(a) By the end of the month.
(b) After Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(c) Before Pompey and Crassus leave office.
(d) By the end of the year.
4. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
(a) The opposition's poor campaign platform.
(b) An assassination attempt on the opposition.
(c) The opposition's inability to be present for the day of the voting.
(d) The opposition withdraws from the race the day before voting.
5. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
(a) That he will not accept the title.
(b) That he will lose the influence he has.
(c) That he will not stay in Rome.
(d) That there will be an attempt on his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
2. What causes Lepidus to die?
3. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
4. Where does Crassus remain briefly after his stay at Malaca?
5. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)