|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do upon being declared the dictator of Rome?
(a) He gives the people money.
(b) He gives the people more livestock.
(c) He gives the people their rights back.
(d) He gives the people more land.
2. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
3. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Six thousand.
(b) Three thousand.
(c) Eight Thousand.
(d) Five Thousand.
4. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
(a) He is awarded half of Sulla's possessions.
(b) He is mentioned only briefly as a friend.
(c) He is awarded a small part of Sulla's possessions.
(d) He is not mentioned.
5. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(b) St. Etienne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
2. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
4. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
5. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)