|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
(a) He works to return Marius from exile.
(b) He shows images of Marius.
(c) He shows images of Julia.
(d) He works to change the laws about burials.
2. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
(b) The man of the equestrian order.
3. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(b) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(c) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
(d) He is trying to protect Marius.
4. Where is Pompey living before joining Sulla's military effort?
5. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
(a) A compliment from Caesar.
(b) The people's urging.
(c) The consul's urging.
(d) A compliment from Scipio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
2. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
3. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
4. How many men does Caesar have when he returns to free Cicero from the siege of a Gaul uprising?
5. How is Crassus killed?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)