|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Athens.
(d) Invade Asia.
2. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The increase in the size of the military.
(b) The elimination of the military.
(c) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(d) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
3. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
(a) A list of men to be rewarded.
(b) A list of men to be punished.
(c) A list of men to be exiled.
(d) A list of men he wants to serve with him.
4. What leads to Mithridates' suicide?
(a) His son's treachery.
(b) His fear of Pompey.
(c) His own men's betrayal.
(d) His fear of Caesar.
5. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He allows him to join the army.
(b) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(c) He bestows a fortune to him.
(d) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
2. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
3. Whom does Marius marry?
4. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)