|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
(a) He sees the potential for Caesar to rule Rome.
(b) He is following the advice of his advisers.
(c) Caesar is the son of one of his rivals.
(d) Caesar has already humiliated him in public.
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
3. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(b) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
4. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
(a) Mithridates escapes.
(b) Mithridates joins Pompey's army.
(c) Mithridates attacks Pompey.
(d) Mithridates pleads for his life.
5. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
3. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
4. Whom does Marius marry?
5. What does Cinna's disappearance lead some to believe?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)