|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in the Rhone Alps.
(b) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(c) The war in Africa.
(d) The war in Asia.
2. What does Caesar do on his way back to Rome?
(a) Trains an army.
(b) Trains himself to be in an army.
(c) Meets his first wife.
3. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
(a) Caesar's career was more impressive than Pompey's, but equal to Marius and Sulla.
(b) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius, but equal to Sulla and Pompey.
(c) Caesar's career was more impressive than all of them.
(d) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius and Sulla, but equal to Pompey.
4. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of wool.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of broken wood.
(d) A piece of metal.
5. Upon returning to Italy, how does Pompey divorce his wife before marrying Julia, Caesar's daughter?
(a) Through a letter.
(b) Through a messenger.
(c) He tells her in private.
(d) He tells her publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey known for occasionally doing with captured nobles?
2. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)