|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(b) She becomes ill.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
2. What does Caesar do for Cleopatra?
(a) He arranges for her to take the throne with her brother.
(b) He gives her a small fortune.
(c) He gives her many rare jewels before leaving.
(d) He offers to relocate her to Rome.
3. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
4. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(b) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(c) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(d) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
5. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
(a) Her sense of humor.
(b) Her singing voice.
(c) Her harp playing.
(d) Her shyness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pompey perceived throughout much of his life?
2. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
3. Who benefits the most from Caesar's successful attempt to convince Crassus and Pompey to join forces?
4. What does Crassus buy after Sulla takes control of Rome?
5. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)