|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
(a) He writes to Caesar, informing him of the surrender.
(b) He rides to Caesar holding a white flag.
(c) He sends a messenger to tell Caesar his location.
(d) He sits at Caesar's feet, waiting to be arrested.
2. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He defeats Sulla.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He captures most of Sulla's men.
3. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) The dungeon.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In exile.
(d) In an execution by Marius.
4. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
(a) The brightness of the sun.
(b) Heavy snow.
(c) Heavy rain.
(d) The darkness of night.
5. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
Short Answer Questions
1. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
2. What happens when Caesar and Pompey finally battle each other?
3. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
4. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
5. Why does Bibulus shut himself in his house at the end of his consul term?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)