|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear Marius.
(b) They fear Crassus.
(c) They fear each other.
(d) They fear the omens.
2. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
(a) Throws them into the sea without reading them.
(b) Burns them without reading them.
(c) Burns them after reading them.
(d) Throws them into the sea after reading them.
3. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
(d) A monetary gift.
4. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
(a) Facing the same dangers as his men.
(b) Ordering his men to do impossible things.
(c) Only allowing his men to rest for short periods of time.
(d) Allowing his men to rest for long periods of time.
5. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His age.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His previous accomplishments.
(d) His influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
4. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
5. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)