|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
2. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They refused to fight against Marius.
(b) They included people from various countries.
(c) They did not represent a political state.
(d) They included women and children.
4. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He wins it.
(c) He withdraws from the race.
(d) He ties with his opponent.
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A civilized province.
(b) A major ally to Rome.
(c) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(d) An uncivilized province.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
2. What is Turpillius's fate?
3. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
4. What type of mines does Crassus own?
5. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)