|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose presence helps Pompey defeat Sertorius?
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He kills one of them as an example.
(b) He subjects them to manual labor.
(c) He belittles them repeatedly.
(d) He threatens them.
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of children Marius had.
(b) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) Marius's education.
4. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
5. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
(a) The size of his military.
(b) Information from Ariamnes.
(c) The size of the enemy's military.
(d) Weapons from Ariamnes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
2. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
3. Why does Bibulus shut himself in his house at the end of his consul term?
4. How does Vergentorix, the commander of the Gaul forces, surrender?
5. Why does Caesar divorce his second wife?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)