|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(b) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(c) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(d) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
2. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
(a) A relative of Caesar.
(b) A relative of Jugurtha.
(c) A relative of Marius.
(d) A relative of Sulla.
3. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
(b) His conscience.
(c) A lack of supplies.
(d) Bad omens.
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Five Thousand.
(b) Eight Thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Six thousand.
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of corn.
(b) Limited distribution of corn.
(c) Mass distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of wheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sulla think Pompey has done with regard to his enemy, Lepidus?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. What city do Caesar and his men take over on their way to face Pompey?
4. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
5. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)