|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
(a) The darkness of night.
(b) Heavy rain.
(c) Heavy snow.
(d) The brightness of the sun.
2. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
3. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Marius's death.
(b) Cinna's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) Vibius's death.
4. What does Caesar do when his first wife dies, endearing him to the people?
(a) He carries a locket she gave him.
(b) He orders a day of prayer for her.
(c) He speaks at her funeral.
(d) He pays to have her buried in a better location than was planned.
5. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
2. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
3. What does Cato do to diminish the effects of Caesar's growing popularity?
4. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
5. What does Caesar give to the troops before returning them to Pompey?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)