|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
2. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(b) He is thrown to his death.
(c) He is given a political position.
(d) He is exiled.
3. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
(a) That his past acts are exonerated.
(b) That his relatives' past acts are exonerated.
(c) That he is doubling the size of the military.
(d) The he is reducing the size of the military.
4. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
5. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(c) Invade Asia.
(d) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
2. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
3. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
5. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)