|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of broken wood.
(b) A piece of metal.
(c) A piece of wool.
(d) A piece of dirt.
2. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
3. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(b) He surrenders.
(c) He sues for peace.
(d) He defeats Sulla.
4. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(d) Invade Athens.
5. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(c) San Michele.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
3. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
4. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)