|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
2. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Leave the military.
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They included women and children.
(b) They did not represent a political state.
(c) They included people from various countries.
(d) They refused to fight against Marius.
4. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
2. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
3. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
4. How was Marius raised?
5. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)