|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(a) St. Etienne.
2. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(c) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(d) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
3. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
(a) Invade Athens.
(b) Invade Asia.
(c) Kill or capture Jugurtha.
(d) Sign a treaty with Jugurtha.
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marius marry?
2. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
3. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
4. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
5. What is Marius's statue made out of?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)