|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(c) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(d) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(b) St. Etienne.
3. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
4. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
(a) The hot wine cures.
(b) The cold wine cures.
(c) The cold water cures.
(d) The hot water cures.
5. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(b) San Michele.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
3. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
4. Whom does Marius face during his first military service?
5. What is Turpillius's fate?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)