|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(b) He stops all outside trade agreements.
(c) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
2. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He withdraws from the race.
(b) He wins it.
(c) He loses it.
(d) He ties with his opponent.
3. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through force.
(b) Through his own voluntary action.
(c) Through deception.
(d) Through bribes.
4. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(d) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
5. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
Short Answer Questions
1. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
2. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
3. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
4. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
5. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)