|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(c) St. Etienne.
2. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
(a) Mass distribution of corn.
(b) Limited distribution of wheat.
(c) Mass distribution of wheat.
(d) Limited distribution of corn.
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the ancient Roman standards.
(b) To the modern Roman standards.
(c) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(d) With no specific standards.
5. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He had pleurisy.
(b) He became delusional.
(c) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(d) He was killed by Sulla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
2. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
3. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
5. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)