|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(c) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
2. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) Sulla kills him.
(b) He is captured by Sulla.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is exiled from the camp.
3. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(b) A soothsayer.
(d) A relative.
4. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(b) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
5. What causes Sulla's death?
(a) An ulcer.
(c) He is killed by an enemy.
(d) He suffers a heart attack during battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
2. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
3. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
4. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)