|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(b) The elimination of the military.
(c) The increase in the size of the military.
(d) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
2. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
(a) The cold water cures.
(b) The hot wine cures.
(c) The hot water cures.
(d) The cold wine cures.
3. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
(c) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(d) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) Three times.
(b) No times.
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
3. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
4. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
5. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)