|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He had pleurisy.
(b) He became delusional.
(c) He was killed by Sulla.
(d) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(d) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
3. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
4. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
(a) Caesar thinks that neither person should have been declared the winner.
(b) Caesar accuses Sulla of buying his win.
(c) Caesar thinks that Sulla has won fairly.
(d) Caesar accuses Sulla's opponent of unfair tactics.
5. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
(c) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(d) He stops all outside trade agreements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
2. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
3. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
5. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)