|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in Asia.
(b) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(c) The war in Africa.
(d) The war in the Rhone Alps.
2. What is Marius's statue made out of?
3. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
(b) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(c) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(d) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
4. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
(a) In an execution by Marius.
(b) On the battlefield.
(c) In exile.
(d) The dungeon.
5. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His death.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His wars.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
2. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
3. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
4. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
5. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)