|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
(a) He is trying to protect Marius.
(b) He needs Marius to help him with the war.
(c) He and Marius are bitter enemies.
(d) He is supporting another candidate for the consulate.
2. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
(b) St. Etienne.
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(c) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
4. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A major supplier of food for Rome.
(b) An uncivilized province.
(c) A major ally to Rome.
(d) A civilized province.
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decree does Sulla make when he controls Rome?
2. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
3. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
4. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
5. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)