|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in Africa.
(b) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(c) The war in Asia.
(d) The war in the Rhone Alps.
2. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He ties with his opponent.
(b) He wins it.
(c) He withdraws from the race.
(d) He loses it.
3. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through his own voluntary action.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through force.
(d) Through deception.
4. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They refused to fight against Marius.
(b) They included women and children.
(c) They included people from various countries.
(d) They did not represent a political state.
5. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
(a) He defeats Sulla.
(b) He captures most of Sulla's men.
(c) He surrenders.
(d) He sues for peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
2. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
5. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)