|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
(a) They refused to fight against Marius.
(b) They did not represent a political state.
(c) They included people from various countries.
(d) They included women and children.
2. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(b) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(c) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(d) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
3. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in Asia.
(b) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(c) The war in Africa.
(d) The war in the Rhone Alps.
4. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
5. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Leave Rome.
(b) Leave the military.
(c) Divorce his wife.
(d) Commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
3. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
4. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
5. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)