|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(a) San Michele.
2. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
3. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's instructions.
(b) He was following the town council's instructions.
(c) He was following the priests' instructions.
(d) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
4. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the intent of the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
2. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
3. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
4. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
5. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)