|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following the priests' instructions.
(b) He was following Metella's instructions.
(c) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(d) He was following the town council's instructions.
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
(a) He allows poor men to fight in the military.
(b) He does not allow poor men to fight in the military.
(c) He stops all outside trade agreements.
(d) He begins multiple outside trade agreements.
3. What is Turpillius's fate?
(a) He is released to Marius's responsibility.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He is released to Metellus's responsibility.
4. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
5. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(b) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jugurtha eventually die?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
4. What is Sulla looking for as he sails to Aedepsus for rest?
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)