|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Sulla.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(b) Heavy winds.
(c) His men are too tired.
(d) Heavy rain.
2. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
3. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
(c) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(d) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
4. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
5. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(b) No times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
3. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
4. What language did Marius speak very little of?
5. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)