|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He loses it.
(b) He wins it.
(c) He withdraws from the race.
(d) He ties with his opponent.
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
(d) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
3. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is well mannered.
(c) He is vengeful.
(d) He is short tempered.
4. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
5. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
(a) They fear the omens.
(b) They fear Marius.
(c) They fear each other.
(d) They fear Crassus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
2. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
3. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
5. What does Marius refuse in the office of tribune?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)