|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
(a) That he receives a proper burial.
(b) That his family be allowed at the burial.
(c) That his family not be allowed at the burial.
(d) That he does not receive a proper burial.
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(b) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She is captured by one of his enemies.
3. How does Crassus often loan money?
(a) With excessive interest, and he always requires payment.
(b) With interest, but he never requires payment.
(c) Without interest, but he always requires payment.
(d) With excessive interest, but he never requires payment.
4. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
(b) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(c) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(d) He never knew his family until later in his life.
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) Marius's education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
2. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
3. Who is killed when Marius and Cinna take over Rome?
4. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
5. What is it about Stratonice that capture's Pompey's attention?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)