|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) His men are too tired.
2. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is not aware of it.
(d) He is jealous.
3. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He kills one of them as an example.
(b) He threatens them.
(c) He subjects them to manual labor.
(d) He belittles them repeatedly.
4. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is exiled.
(b) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(c) He is thrown to his death.
(d) He is given a political position.
5. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Divorce his wife.
(b) Leave Rome.
(c) Leave the military.
(d) Commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
2. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. What does Pompey wait for before going to the aid of Metellus?
4. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
5. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)