|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
(b) He alerts the Parthians.
(c) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(d) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
2. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is killed by Caesar.
(b) He is killed by Pompey.
(c) He is assassinated by his own men.
(d) He is killed by Marius.
3. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
(a) He is the first to be attacked by the Parthians.
(b) He is the first to be approached by the Parthians for an alliance.
(c) He is the first to be captured and released by the Parthians.
(d) He is the first to be made the general of the Parthians' army.
4. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are looking for revenge.
(b) They slowly build their soldiers.
(c) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(d) They escape from a cruel leader.
5. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
(a) Extra food.
(b) An escort.
(c) A reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Marius speak very little of?
2. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
3. Where does Marius participate in a war as legate to Metellus?
4. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
5. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)