|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Pompey living before joining Sulla's military effort?
2. How is Sertorius killed?
(a) He is killed by Caesar.
(b) He is killed by Pompey.
(c) He is assassinated by his own men.
(d) He is killed by Marius.
3. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
(b) They are looking for revenge.
(c) They slowly build their soldiers.
(d) They escape from a cruel leader.
4. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(c) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
5. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
(a) Weapons from Ariamnes.
(b) Information from Ariamnes.
(c) The size of his military.
(d) The size of the enemy's military.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
2. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
3. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
4. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
5. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)