|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He threatens them.
(b) He belittles them repeatedly.
(c) He kills one of them as an example.
(d) He subjects them to manual labor.
2. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
3. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(b) She becomes ill.
(c) She is captured by one of his enemies.
(d) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
4. What happens to Fimbria after he welcomes Sulla into his camp?
(a) Sulla kills him.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is exiled from the camp.
(d) He is captured by Sulla.
5. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
(a) Business affairs.
(b) The enemy.
(c) His family.
(d) Training the troops.
Short Answer Questions
1. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
2. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
3. How is Crassus killed?
4. What causes Pompey to be unrecognizable to a soldier, almost bringing about Pompey's death?
5. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)