|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Crassus killed?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is attacked by one of his own men.
(d) He becomes ill and never recovers.
2. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
3. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(c) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
4. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(b) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
(c) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
5. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
2. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
3. How long does Crassus send Caesar to Gaul for?
4. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
5. What personality does Crassus have?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)