|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(c) A relative.
(d) A soothsayer.
2. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He wins it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He ties with his opponent.
(d) He withdraws from the race.
3. What personality does Crassus have?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is vengeful.
(c) He is well mannered.
(d) He is short tempered.
4. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
(a) That he does not receive a proper burial.
(b) That he receives a proper burial.
(c) That his family not be allowed at the burial.
(d) That his family be allowed at the burial.
5. What language did Marius speak very little of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
2. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
3. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
4. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
5. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)