|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the ancient Roman standards.
(b) To the modern Roman standards.
(c) With no specific standards.
(d) Against the ancient Roman standards.
2. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
(a) He is mentioned only briefly as a friend.
(b) He is awarded a small part of Sulla's possessions.
(c) He is not mentioned.
(d) He is awarded half of Sulla's possessions.
3. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
4. What is Sulla's first order after taking over Rome?
(a) The elimination of the military.
(b) The increase in the size of the military.
(c) The death sentence of Jugurtha.
(d) The death sentence of Marius and Sulpicius.
5. Who supports the law to give Pompey increased powers to fight the pirates?
(d) The man of the equestrian order.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pompey known for occasionally doing with captured nobles?
2. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
3. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
4. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
5. How is Crassus killed?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)