|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They escape from a cruel leader.
(b) They are looking for revenge.
(c) They slowly build their soldiers.
(d) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
2. How is Pompey's father, Strabo, generally considered?
(a) He is envied.
(b) He is hated.
(c) He is liked.
(d) He is feared.
3. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five Thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Eight Thousand.
4. What leads to Mithridates' suicide?
(a) His fear of Caesar.
(b) His fear of Pompey.
(c) His own men's betrayal.
(d) His son's treachery.
5. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(c) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What personality does Crassus have?
2. At what age is Sulla appointed consul?
3. How is Sertorius killed?
4. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
5. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)