|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every other day.
(d) Twice a week.
2. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
(c) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
3. What happens to the servant who betrays Sulpicius?
(a) He is allowed to fight in the military.
(b) He is exiled.
(c) He is given a political position.
(d) He is thrown to his death.
4. Which one of the following is not one of the theories of how Marius died?
(a) He had pleurisy.
(b) He became delusional.
(c) He died in his bed after reflecting on his life.
(d) He was killed by Sulla.
5. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) Marius's education.
(b) The number of children Marius had.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
2. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
3. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
4. Whom does Marius marry?
5. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)