|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pompey insist upon Sulla's death?
(a) That he receives a proper burial.
(b) That his family not be allowed at the burial.
(c) That his family be allowed at the burial.
(d) That he does not receive a proper burial.
2. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
(a) He bestows a medal of honor to him.
(b) He bestows a fortune to him.
(c) He moves him to live closer to Stratonice.
(d) He allows him to join the army.
3. Whose endorsement does Marius have when he is voted to the office of tribune?
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(b) San Michele.
5. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
(a) On foot, leading his soldiers.
(b) Carried by his soldiers.
(c) On a chariot.
(d) On horseback, leading his soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city does Pompey help rebuild on his way home to Rome?
2. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
3. Which city takes the side of Mithridates, causing Sulla to march against it?
4. What prompts Marius to pursue greater ambitions after his first military service?
5. What does Pompey do with Sertorius's letters after his death?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)