|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She becomes ill.
(b) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(c) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(d) She is captured by one of his enemies.
2. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
(a) Marius's death.
(b) Cinna's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) Vibius's death.
3. In which war does Sulla serve under Marius?
(a) The war in the Rhone Alps.
(b) The war in Hispania Ulterior.
(c) The war in Africa.
(d) The war in Asia.
4. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
5. Who is leading the enemy troops as Sulla and his men near Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
2. What does Pompey do for Stratonice's father?
3. How does Pompey plan to enter Rome after his victory in Africa?
4. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
5. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)