|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Five Thousand.
(b) Eight Thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Three thousand.
2. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's instructions.
(b) He was following the town council's instructions.
(c) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(d) He was following the priests' instructions.
3. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) His men are too tired.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) He is waiting for reinforcements.
4. How was Marius raised?
(a) To the modern Roman standards.
(b) To the ancient Roman standards.
(c) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(d) With no specific standards.
5. What is Hispania Ulterior when Marius is sent to battle the bandits there?
(a) A major ally to Rome.
(b) A civilized province.
(c) An uncivilized province.
(d) A major supplier of food for Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marius pledge to do while addressing the assembly for his first consul?
2. What was unique about the Tuetones and the Cimbri?
3. What personality does Crassus have?
4. How many total terms does Marius serve as consul?
5. After crossing the Alps, where does Marius set up a fortified camp with the Romans while waiting for the invaders?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)