|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Crassus feel about Sulla's opinion of Pompey?
(a) He is not aware of it.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is confused.
2. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(b) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
3. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through his own voluntary action.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through force.
(d) Through deception.
4. Whom does Marius marry?
(a) Maria, the aunt of Caesar.
(b) Maria, the cousin of Caesar.
(c) Julia, the cousin of Caesar.
(d) Julia, the aunt of Caesar.
5. What serves as the basis for the saying, "one of Marius's mules"?
(a) Marius himself carrying his own pack for all trips.
(b) His army carrying their own packs for brief trips.
(c) His army using twice as many mules to carry their packs.
(d) His army having to carry their own packs for long trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
2. Why do Caesar and Pompey hide their dislike for each other?
3. What causes people not to vote for Crassus and Pompey's opposition for the consul?
4. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
5. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)