|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law does Marius put into effect upon being voted to the office of tribune?
(a) A law that encourages trading with other countries.
(b) A law that increases the power of the nobles.
(c) A law that weakens the power of the nobles.
(d) A law that prevents trading with other countries.
2. What city does Turpillius command when Jugurtha takes it over?
3. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They become tired.
(b) They refuse to fight.
(c) They become over confident.
(d) They become outnumbered.
4. When standing for aedileship, how many times does Marius get defeated politically in a single day?
(a) Three times.
(d) No times.
5. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His wars.
(b) His death.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plagues Crassus on his plight in Syria?
2. Where does Pompey face Sertorius?
3. During his stand for praetorship, what is Marius unsuccessfully prosecuted for?
4. Who gives Jugurtha to Sulla?
5. What is Crassus's biggest vice?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)