|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Pompey.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of mines does Crassus own?
(b) Silver, Gold, and Coal.
2. What happens to Mithridates after Pompey defeats him?
(a) Mithridates attacks Pompey.
(b) Mithridates joins Pompey's army.
(c) Mithridates escapes.
(d) Mithridates pleads for his life.
3. Who is credited with ending the war in Africa?
4. How is Pompey mentioned in Sulla's will?
(a) He is not mentioned.
(b) He is awarded half of Sulla's possessions.
(c) He is awarded a small part of Sulla's possessions.
(d) He is mentioned only briefly as a friend.
5. What is Crassus counting on as he proceeds to face the enemy troops in Syria?
(a) The size of his military.
(b) Weapons from Ariamnes.
(c) Information from Ariamnes.
(d) The size of the enemy's military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Pompey the nickname, "The Great"?
2. What does Sulla publish after taking control of Rome?
3. What traditional belief does Marius go against in his first consul?
4. Why does Metellus first decline Marius's request to return to Rome to seek the consulate?
5. After being joined by the Phocians, what city does Sulla occupy?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)