|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
(a) Caesar's career was more impressive than Pompey's, but equal to Marius and Sulla.
(b) Caesar's career was more impressive than all of them.
(c) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius and Sulla, but equal to Pompey.
(d) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius, but equal to Sulla and Pompey.
2. How many men does Caesar have when he returns to free Cicero from the siege of a Gaul uprising?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Seven thousand.
(d) Nine thousand.
3. What does Caesar do when his first wife dies, endearing him to the people?
(a) He orders a day of prayer for her.
(b) He speaks at her funeral.
(c) He pays to have her buried in a better location than was planned.
(d) He carries a locket she gave him.
4. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He withdraws from the race.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He ties with his opponent.
(d) He wins it.
5. What part did family play in Crassus's childhood?
(a) He never knew his family until later in his life.
(b) Family was a small part of his childhood.
(c) Family was a big part of his childhood.
(d) He was separated from his family during his childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Vibius send food to Crassus after learning of his escape from Rome?
2. What does Crassus ignore during his first winter in Syria?
3. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
4. What does Caesar do that many disagree with after his aunt, Julia, dies?
5. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)