|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He kills one of them as an example.
(b) He belittles them repeatedly.
(c) He threatens them.
(d) He subjects them to manual labor.
2. How do Spartacus and the Spartans begin their successful battles?
(a) They escape from a cruel leader.
(b) They slowly build their soldiers.
(c) They are looking for revenge.
(d) They are attacked unjustly and defend themselves.
3. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Jugurtha's house.
(b) His own house.
(c) Caesar's house.
(d) Marius's house.
4. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A relative.
(b) A soothsayer.
5. How many men does Caesar have when he returns to free Cicero from the siege of a Gaul uprising?
(a) Nine thousand.
(b) Five thousand.
(c) Three thousand.
(d) Seven thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
2. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
3. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
4. What does Caesar do when his first wife dies, endearing him to the people?
5. Where does Sulla almost suffer a defeat until he rallies back with his men?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)