|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Plutarch compare Caesar's military career with Marius, Sulla, and Pompey's?
(a) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius and Sulla, but equal to Pompey.
(b) Caesar's career was more impressive than all of them.
(c) Caesar's career was more impressive than Marius, but equal to Sulla and Pompey.
(d) Caesar's career was more impressive than Pompey's, but equal to Marius and Sulla.
2. What reason does Considius give for his general lack of fear?
(a) His previous accomplishments.
(b) His knowledge.
(c) His age.
(d) His influence.
3. What happens to the Spartans that leads to their defeat?
(a) They become over confident.
(b) They refuse to fight.
(c) They become outnumbered.
(d) They become tired.
4. Whom does Caesar pit the people against when he is in office?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The military.
5. What is Caesar known for during a battle?
(a) Ordering his men to do impossible things.
(b) Allowing his men to rest for long periods of time.
(c) Only allowing his men to rest for short periods of time.
(d) Facing the same dangers as his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. After being defeated by the Parthians, where does Crassus attempt to go?
2. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
3. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
4. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
5. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)