|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cato do to diminish the effects of Caesar's growing popularity?
(a) He offers the people additional grain.
(b) He increases the amount of livestock the people have.
(c) He increases the people's wages.
(d) He offers the people additional corn.
2. What causes Crassus to retreat from the war with the Parthians?
(a) He becomes confused.
(b) He is severely wounded.
(c) An illness.
(d) The loss of his son.
3. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
4. How many enemy soldiers does Sulla slaughter in the "circus" while seizing control of Rome?
(a) Three thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Eight Thousand.
(d) Five Thousand.
5. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
(a) He is following the advice of his advisers.
(b) Caesar is the son of one of his rivals.
(c) He sees the potential for Caesar to rule Rome.
(d) Caesar has already humiliated him in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
2. How does Crassus often loan money?
3. Whom does Caesar's daughter eventually marry?
4. How does Mummius respond to Crassus's instructions against the Spartans at the arc?
5. Whose dream warns Caesar of his fate?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)