|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pompey want to avoid fighting Caesar?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Bad omens.
(c) He is afraid of Caesar.
(d) He has less troops than Caesar.
2. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(b) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(c) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(d) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
3. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) At his house.
(b) In the public square.
(c) On the senate floor.
(d) Outside of the court building.
4. What does Caesar do when he is captured by Sulla's men?
(a) He uses bribery to free himself.
(b) He escapes when they are not looking.
(c) He kills one of them and is released.
(d) He tricks them into thinking Sulla has ordered his release.
5. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
(a) She is taken from Rome by a relative.
(b) She becomes ill.
(c) She is wounded by one of his enemies.
(d) She is captured by one of his enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mithridates do to end the war with Sulla?
2. What out dated method of punishment does Crassus use after his men's loss?
3. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
4. Why does Caesar divorce his second wife?
5. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)