|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Sulla from giving the command to attack against Marius' men in the way he is hoping for?
(a) Heavy rain.
(b) He is waiting for reinforcements.
(c) Heavy winds.
(d) His men are too tired.
2. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(b) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
(c) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(d) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
3. Why does Sulla consider putting Caesar to death at such a young age?
(a) He is following the advice of his advisers.
(b) Caesar has already humiliated him in public.
(c) He sees the potential for Caesar to rule Rome.
(d) Caesar is the son of one of his rivals.
4. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
(a) He wins it.
(b) He loses it.
(c) He ties with his opponent.
(d) He withdraws from the race.
5. Why does Sulla say that he divorced Metella?
(a) He was following Metella's family's instructions.
(b) He was following Metella's instructions.
(c) He was following the priests' instructions.
(d) He was following the town council's instructions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crassus ask Sulla for before leaving to raise forces?
2. What is Sulla the first Roman to do, pertaining to the Parthians?
3. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
4. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
5. How many children did Sulla have altogether?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)