|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sulla require Pompey the Great to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Leave the military.
(c) Leave Rome.
(d) Divorce his wife.
2. Upon entering Italy, what do Sulla's men do to show their allegiance?
(a) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla rejects.
(b) They raise money for the war, which Sulla refuses.
(c) They recruit twice as many men, which Sulla accepts.
(d) They raise money for the war, which Sulla accepts.
3. Who prompts Sulla to attack Rome, after initially hesitating?
(a) A soothsayer.
(c) A relative.
4. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of metal.
(b) A piece of wool.
(c) A piece of dirt.
(d) A piece of broken wood.
5. According to Onatius Aurelius's vision, who orders that Crassus and Pompey should become friends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What event causes Crassus to emerge from hiding?
2. Who objects when Caesar attempts to use the treasury's money to fund a war?
3. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
4. What do some people fear after appointing Caesar the dictator of Rome for life?
5. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)