|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caesar use to build support for himself as a Roman leader?
(a) Pompey's money.
(b) Contributions by the people of Rome.
(c) The spoils of war.
(d) Marius's money.
2. Why does Caesar divorce his second wife?
(a) She is accused of having an affair.
(b) She disagrees with his political ambitions.
(c) He does not have the time to sustain the marriage.
(d) He is accused of having an affair.
3. Whom does Caesar pit the people against when he is in office?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The military.
4. Where is Caesar betrayed and murdered?
(a) On the senate floor.
(b) In the public square.
(c) At his house.
(d) Outside of the court building.
5. How is Scipio taken captive by Sulla?
(a) Through his own voluntary action.
(b) Through bribes.
(c) Through deception.
(d) Through force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
2. What happens to Metella, Sulla's wife, during one of his banquets?
3. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
4. What happens in Sulla's first bid for praetorship?
5. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)