|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Caesar.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Valeria pluck from Sulla's toga before they are eventually married?
(a) A piece of metal.
(b) A piece of dirt.
(c) A piece of wool.
(d) A piece of broken wood.
2. What tactic does Sulla employ to overcome his men's fear of war?
(a) He subjects them to manual labor.
(b) He belittles them repeatedly.
(c) He kills one of them as an example.
(d) He threatens them.
3. What role does Andromachus play in the plans Crassus has to avoid the Parthians?
(a) He offers money to Crassus for the trip.
(b) He alerts the Parthians.
(c) He tries to set up a decoy for the Parthians.
(d) He bribes several of Crassus's men to betray him.
4. Where is Sulla chased into by Sulpicius's men?
(a) Jugurtha's house.
(b) Caesar's house.
(c) His own house.
(d) Marius's house.
5. How many servants does Crassus have when he escapes to Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pays Caesar's debt when he is stopped on his way to Spain?
2. How does Caesar describe the results of Sulla's second bid for praetorship?
3. What do the people fear when the senate session lasts longer than normal?
4. How many miles long is the trench that Crassus digs upon meeting Spartacus on the peninsula?
5. How does Crassus often loan money?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)