Chapter 1, Marius
1. What does Rex Warner, the translator, say about Plutarch's account of Marius's political skill?
(a) Plutarch writes too little of Marius's political skill.
(b) Plutarch misrepresents Marius's political skill.
(c) Plutarch writes too much of Marius's political skill.
(d) Plutarch omits Marius's political skill completely.
2. Which part of Marius's life is obscured by Plutarch, according to Warner?
(a) His wars.
(b) His death.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His childhood.
3. What does Warner indicate is exaggerated by Plutarch?
(a) The number of children Marius had.
(b) Marius's education.
(c) Marius's war skills.
(d) The number of battles Marius was involved in.
4. Where in Italy is the famous statue of Gaius Marius located?
(c) San Michele.
5. What is Marius's statue made out of?
6. How was Marius raised?
(a) Against the ancient Roman standards.
(b) To the ancient Roman standards.
(c) To the modern Roman standards.
(d) With no specific standards.
7. What language did Marius speak very little of?
This section contains 4,735 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)