Chapter 1, Marius
* Marius faces the Celtiberians, proving himself on the battlefield, and earning the respect of Scipio.
* Marius is voted to the office of the tribune and sides with the people against the nobles.
* After suffering two political defeats in one day, Marius returns to war, battling Jugurtha in Africa.
* Marius is elected to the consul, a rivalry begins between him and Metellus, and the war in Africa ends.
* During many battles that follow, Marius trains his men in interesting ways, prompting the saying, "one of Marius's mules."
* During his sixth consul term, Marius aligns himself with the evil Saturninus, and loses support from both the people and the nobles.
* After being elected consul for the seventh time, Marius dies in a way that is disputed by conflicting accounts.
Chapter 2, Sulla
* After acquiring Jugurtha to end the war in Africa, a feud between Marius and Sulla begins.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)