|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
2. What does Faithfull say she learned at Hazelden?
3. What movie did Faithfull fly to Sydney to be part of?
4. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
5. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
2. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
3. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
4. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
6. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
7. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
8. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
Essay Topic 3
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)