|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
2. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
3. What did Faithfull offer her son when he came to visit her in New York?
4. Where did Faithfull go from New York to clean herself up?
5. What does Faithfull say made heroin different from other drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
2. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
3. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
4. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
5. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
8. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
9. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluation that reviews 'Faithfull.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)