|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Bianca attractive to Mick Jagger?
2. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
3. What does Faithfull say made heroin different from other drugs?
4. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
5. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
3. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
4. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
5. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
7. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
8. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
9. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
10. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
Essay Topic 3
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)