|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say prevented her from dying?
2. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
3. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
4. Who was Ahmet?
5. What does Faithfull say people thought of Mick Jagger after Let it Bleed came out?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
2. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
3. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
4. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
5. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
8. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
9. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
Essay Topic 2
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
Essay Topic 3
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)