|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
2. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
3. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
4. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
5. Who was Christina Money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
3. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
4. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
5. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
7. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
8. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
10. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
Essay Topic 3
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)