|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
2. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
3. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
4. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
4. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
5. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
6. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
8. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
10. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
Essay Topic 3
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)