|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
2. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
3. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
4. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's lifestyle in the early 1970s?
5. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
2. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
3. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
4. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
5. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
7. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
8. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
9. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
10. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 2
The 1960s seem to be making a perpetual resurgence in contemporary culture. How are the 1960s Faithfull presents different from the 1960s people now seem to believe in?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)