|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
2. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
3. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
4. Whom does Faithfull say she was in love with while she was living with Jagger in Cheyne Walk?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
2. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
3. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
4. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
5. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
6. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
7. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
8. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
9. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using Faithfull's narrative, describe the relationship between art and drugs. Are they both forms of self-destruction? Of enlightenment? Of fulfillment? What trade-offs do they require?
Essay Topic 2
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 3
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)