|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
2. To whom was 'Strange Weather' dedicated?
3. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
4. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
5. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
2. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
3. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
4. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
6. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
7. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
9. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)