|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Faithfull go from New York to clean herself up?
2. How does Faithfull characterize life without drugs?
3. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
4. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
5. What kind of unwanted attention did Broken English bring Faithfull?
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
Essay Topic 3
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)