|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
2. To whom was 'Strange Weather' dedicated?
3. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
4. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
5. Whom did Faithfull think she saw in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
2. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
4. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
6. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
7. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
9. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
10. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of 'Faithfull,' Marianne Faithfull says that her mother saw that art was a true aristocracy. Evaluate the value of this statement based on the contents of Faithfull's life.
Essay Topic 2
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 3
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)