|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
2. What stopped after Faithfull and Jagger established a domestic life at Cheyne Walk?
3. Who was Ahmet?
4. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
5. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
2. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
3. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
5. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
7. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
8. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
9. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
10. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
Essay Topic 2
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
Essay Topic 3
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)