|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say prevented her from dying?
2. What was Faithfull's response when Mick Jagger married Bianca Jagger?
3. When did Faithfull meet Dylan again?
4. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
5. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
2. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
3. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
4. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
5. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
7. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
8. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
9. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
10. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluation that reviews 'Faithfull.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)