|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say Jagger liked about this reputation?
2. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
3. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
4. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
2. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
4. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
7. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
8. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
9. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
10. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
Essay Topic 3
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)