|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
2. What stopped after Faithfull and Jagger established a domestic life at Cheyne Walk?
3. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
4. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
5. What does Faithfull say made heroin different from other drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
2. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
3. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
4. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
7. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
9. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
10. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using Faithfull's narrative, describe the relationship between art and drugs. Are they both forms of self-destruction? Of enlightenment? Of fulfillment? What trade-offs do they require?
Essay Topic 2
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 3
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)