|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ahmet?
2. What caused Marianne Faithfull to forget who she was and where she was?
3. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
4. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
5. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
3. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
4. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
5. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
6. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
7. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
8. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
Essay Topic 2
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 3
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)