|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize life without drugs?
2. How does Faithfull characterize Dylan's life when they met up?
3. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
4. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
2. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
3. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
4. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
6. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
9. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
10. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
Essay Topic 3
The 1960s seem to be making a perpetual resurgence in contemporary culture. How are the 1960s Faithfull presents different from the 1960s people now seem to believe in?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)