|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
2. What does Faithfull say made heroin different from other drugs?
3. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
4. How did Faithfull characterize her relationship with Jagger during this time?
5. Whom does Faithfull say she was in love with while she was living with Jagger in Cheyne Walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
3. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
4. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
6. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
7. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
8. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
9. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
10. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluation that reviews 'Faithfull.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
Using Faithfull's narrative, describe the relationship between art and drugs. Are they both forms of self-destruction? Of enlightenment? Of fulfillment? What trade-offs do they require?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)