|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull offer her son when he came to visit her in New York?
2. What does Faithfull say was Dylan's reaction when they saw each other again?
3. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
4. How did Faithfull characterize her relationship with Jagger during this time?
5. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
3. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
4. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
5. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
6. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
8. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
10. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 2
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluation that reviews 'Faithfull.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)