|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull offer her son when he came to visit her in New York?
2. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
3. What does Faithfull say prevented her from dying?
4. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
5. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
2. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
6. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
7. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
8. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
9. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
10. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
Essay Topic 3
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)