|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's lifestyle in the early 1970s?
2. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
3. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
4. What movie did Faithfull fly to Sydney to be part of?
5. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
2. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
3. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
4. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
5. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
6. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
7. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
9. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
10. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
Essay Topic 3
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)