|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
2. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
3. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
4. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
5. Who was Ahmet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
2. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
3. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
4. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
6. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
7. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
8. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
9. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize Marianne Faithfull's relationship with herself and her early years? How does her writing describe an old self, a young self, and a relationship between them?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)