|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Faithfull's feelings about James Fox?
2. What would John prevent Faithfull from doing at home?
3. How did Jagger's dandyish clothing affect the public's view of him?
4. Whom would Faithfull spend time with when she left her home?
5. What did Faithfull end up doing with Keith Richards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
2. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
3. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
7. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
8. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
9. How did Faithfull and Mick Jagger approach the question of having children together?
10. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 3
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)