|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song became a huge hit for Faithfull?
2. What did the Times article say?
3. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
4. What drugs does Faithfull describe doing with the Rolling Stones?
5. Where did the things Jagger experienced after the bust end up being expressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
2. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
3. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
5. What happened when Marianne Faithfull decided to leave Courtfield Road one day?
6. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
7. What charges were filed as a result of the arrest?
8. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
9. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
10. Describe the scene at Courtfield Road.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
Essay Topic 2
The 1960s seem to be making a perpetual resurgence in contemporary culture. How are the 1960s Faithfull presents different from the 1960s people now seem to believe in?
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize the rebellion Faithfull and the Rolling Stones and the counter-culture were making? What were its goals? How did individuals make sense of the chaotic environment differently? Was there one counter-culture, or were there as many counter-cultures as there were people?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)