|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull do when Keith Richards told her this when she left?
2. What shocked Faithfull in Jagger's behavior?
3. What would John prevent Faithfull from doing at home?
4. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
5. What were diplomats beginning to plan for, according to Faithfull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
2. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
3. What does Faithfull say about Brian Jones' behavior after Mick Jagger's release from prison?
4. What happened when Marianne Faithfull decided to leave Courtfield Road one day?
5. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
6. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
7. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
8. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
9. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
10. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of 'Faithfull,' Marianne Faithfull says that her mother saw that art was a true aristocracy. Evaluate the value of this statement based on the contents of Faithfull's life.
Essay Topic 2
The 1960s seem to be making a perpetual resurgence in contemporary culture. How are the 1960s Faithfull presents different from the 1960s people now seem to believe in?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)