|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Faithfull's feelings about Bob Dylan?
2. How long was Jagger in prison for?
3. What did the cops take when they arrested Faithfull and the Stones?
4. What did Faithfull feel when she had her baby?
5. What were Faithfull's feelings about James Fox?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
2. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
3. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
4. How does Faithfull characterize her early days with Mick Jagger?
5. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
6. How did Faithfull and Mick Jagger approach the question of having children together?
7. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
8. Describe Faithfull and the Stones' arrest.
9. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
10. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
Essay Topic 2
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
Essay Topic 3
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)