|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull describe the night she spent with Keith Richards?
2. What happened to Anita Pallenberg after 'Performance', according to Faithfull?
3. How old was Faithfull when she fell in love the first time?
4. What were Mick Jagger's feelings about the conditions of the place where Faithfull spent time with friend?
5. Where did the relationship between Jagger and Faithfull pick up steam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
3. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
5. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
6. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
7. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
8. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
10. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
Essay Topic 1
How would you characterize Marianne Faithfull's relationship with herself and her early years? How does her writing describe an old self, a young self, and a relationship between them?
Essay Topic 2
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
Essay Topic 3
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
This section contains 1,335 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)