|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull do when Keith Richards told her this when she left?
2. When did Faithfull get pregnant?
3. Why does Marianne Faithfull say the Stones were incapable of anarchy?
4. What did Dylan say about his experience with Faithfull?
5. What did Faithfull do to fit in when she moved to Reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
2. What was the result of the interview Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull gave to The Daily Mirror?
3. How does Faithfull say she reacted to the press?
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
5. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
6. What was Mick Jagger's response to being arrested?
7. How were the Rolling Stones seen by 1967?
8. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
9. How did Jagger and Faithfull get into films?
10. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
Essay Topic 3
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)