|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say about shopping with Jagger?
2. What did Dylan say about his experience with Faithfull?
3. How does Faithfull characterize her first love?
4. How was David Schneiderman involved in setting up the Rolling Stones to be arrested?
5. How old was Faithfull when she got pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
2. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
3. Describe Faithfull and the Stones' arrest.
4. What happened when Marianne Faithfull decided to leave Courtfield Road one day?
5. What advice did Andrew Loog Oldham give Marianne?
6. What were recording sessions like for Jagger and Faithfull?
7. How were the Rolling Stones seen by 1967?
8. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
9. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
10. What was Mick Jagger's response to being arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
Essay Topic 2
Write an evaluation that reviews 'Faithfull.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 3
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)