|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Keith Richards do when he spent time with Faithfull and her friends?
2. Why was Faithfull's family in danger during World War II?
3. Why did Faithfull go to Newcastle?
4. How does Faithfull characterize her mother?
5. What does Faithfull say about the acid Jagger took in the 1960s?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
4. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
5. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
6. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
7. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
8. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
10. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)