|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did acid have on Jagger, according to Faithfull?
2. Who was Anita Pallenberg?
3. What were Faithfull's feelings about James Fox?
4. How did Faithfull characterize Jagger's experience of 'Performance'?
5. What were diplomats beginning to plan for, according to Faithfull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
2. How were the Rolling Stones seen by 1967?
3. How does Faithfull characterize her early days with Mick Jagger?
4. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
5. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
6. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
7. What were the consequences of Faithfull's parents' divorce?
8. What advice did Andrew Loog Oldham give Marianne?
9. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
10. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 2
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
Essay Topic 3
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)