|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say irritated John?
2. Who was NOT charged after the bust?
3. What London play was Faithfull in?
4. What did Faithfull do when Keith Richards told her this when she left?
5. What did Faithfull believe her baby would do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
2. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
4. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
7. What was the result of the interview Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull gave to The Daily Mirror?
8. What were recording sessions like for Jagger and Faithfull?
9. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
10. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
Essay Topic 3
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)