|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say Jagger channeled into his music?
2. Who was Anita Pallenberg?
3. Why does Marianne Faithfull say the Stones were incapable of anarchy?
4. What does Faithfull say she felt like after her arrest?
5. Who approached Faithfull to see if she could sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
2. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
3. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
4. What happened when Marianne Faithfull decided to leave Courtfield Road one day?
5. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
6. Describe the effect Faithfull's time at Courtfield Road had on her marriage.
7. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
8. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
9. What was the result of the interview Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull gave to The Daily Mirror?
10. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Debate the proposition that 'Faithfull' should be banned.
Essay Topic 3
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)