Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Faithfull characterize Jagger's experience of 'Performance'?
2. What was the verdict for Jagger?
3. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
4. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
5. What does Faithfull say she felt like after her arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
3. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
4. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
5. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
6. How does Faithfull characterize her early days with Mick Jagger?
7. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
8. What were the consequences of Faithfull's parents' divorce?
9. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
10. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
Essay Topic 1
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
Essay Topic 2
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 3
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)