|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull want to do while Anita Pallenberg, James Fox, and Mick Jagger got involved in 'Performance' together?
2. What shocked Faithfull in Jagger's behavior?
3. Why does Marianne Faithfull say the Stones were incapable of anarchy?
4. What does Faithfull say were Brian Jones' feelings about 'Ruby Tuesday'?
5. What were Faithfull's feelings about James Fox?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
2. What was Faithfull's role in the perception of the Stones?
3. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
4. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
5. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
6. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
8. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
9. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
10. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
Essay Topic 1
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
Essay Topic 2
Using Faithfull's narrative, describe the relationship between art and drugs. Are they both forms of self-destruction? Of enlightenment? Of fulfillment? What trade-offs do they require?
Essay Topic 3
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
This section contains 1,386 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)