|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Faithfull's feelings about James Fox?
2. What did Mick Jagger decide he wanted to do in the late 60s when he got restless?
3. How did Bob Dylan appear to Faithfull before she met him?
4. What would Keith Richards do when he spent time with Faithfull and her friends?
5. What song became a huge hit for Faithfull?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jagger and Faithfull get into films?
2. Describe the effect Faithfull's time at Courtfield Road had on her marriage.
3. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
4. How does Faithfull say she reacted to the press?
5. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
6. What was Faithfull's role in the perception of the Stones?
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
8. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
9. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
10. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of 'Faithfull,' Marianne Faithfull says that her mother saw that art was a true aristocracy. Evaluate the value of this statement based on the contents of Faithfull's life.
Essay Topic 3
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)