|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mick Jagger decide he wanted to do in the late 60s when he got restless?
2. What was Redlands?
3. Why did Faithfull go to Newcastle?
4. What were Mick Jagger's feelings about the conditions of the place where Faithfull spent time with friend?
5. What does Faithfull say were Brian Jones' feelings about 'Ruby Tuesday'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jagger and Faithfull get into films?
2. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
3. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
4. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
5. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
6. How did Faithfull and Mick Jagger approach the question of having children together?
7. How were the Rolling Stones seen by 1967?
8. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
9. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
10. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 3
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)