|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mick Jagger when he wrote this hit song?
2. To whom did Faithfull compare Mick Jagger?
3. Why does Marianne Faithfull say the Stones were incapable of anarchy?
4. What did Faithfull believe her baby would do?
5. What would John prevent Faithfull from doing at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the consequences of Faithfull's parents' divorce?
2. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
3. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
4. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
5. How did Jagger and Faithfull get into films?
6. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
7. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
8. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
9. What were recording sessions like for Jagger and Faithfull?
10. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about rock n roll culture? Using your analysis of the text, describe rock n roll's relation with other cultures in modern times. What is its place in society?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)