|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Faithfull characterize Jagger's experience of 'Performance'?
2. What was the verdict for Jagger?
3. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
4. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
5. What does Faithfull say she felt like after her arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
3. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
4. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
5. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
6. How does Faithfull characterize her early days with Mick Jagger?
7. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
8. What were the consequences of Faithfull's parents' divorce?
9. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
10. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
Essay Topic 1
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
Essay Topic 2
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize the rebellion Faithfull and the Rolling Stones and the counter-culture were making? What were its goals? How did individuals make sense of the chaotic environment differently? Was there one counter-culture, or were there as many counter-cultures as there were people?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)