|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the things Jagger experienced after the bust end up being expressed?
2. What ended up happening between Faithfull and Keith Richards?
3. How did Faithfull characterize Jagger when she saw him on tour?
4. What were Faithfull's thoughts about getting married?
5. How does Faithfull characterize her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Jagger and Faithfull's times like at Harley House?
2. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
3. What charges were filed as a result of the arrest?
4. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
5. Describe the effect Faithfull's time at Courtfield Road had on her marriage.
6. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
7. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
8. What were recording sessions like for Jagger and Faithfull?
9. How were the Rolling Stones seen by 1967?
10. Where did Marianne Faithfull's family come from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluation that reviews 'Faithfull.' What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
Using Faithfull's narrative, describe the relationship between art and drugs. Are they both forms of self-destruction? Of enlightenment? Of fulfillment? What trade-offs do they require?
Essay Topic 3
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)