|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
2. What does Faithfull say Jagger channeled into his music?
3. What ended up happening between Faithfull and Keith Richards?
4. What does Faithfull say she felt like after her arrest?
5. What did Faithfull do with the object she got from her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
2. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
3. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
4. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
5. How does Faithfull say she reacted to the press?
6. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
7. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
8. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
9. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
10. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of 'Faithfull,' Marianne Faithfull says that her mother saw that art was a true aristocracy. Evaluate the value of this statement based on the contents of Faithfull's life.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)