|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say about the acid Jagger took in the 1960s?
2. What was the press' reaction to Jagger's verdict?
3. Who is James Fox?
4. What were Faithfull's feelings about Bob Dylan?
5. What would Jagger and Faithfull do during breaks at recording sessions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Mick Jagger's response to being arrested?
2. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
3. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
4. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
5. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
6. What were Jagger and Faithfull's times like at Harley House?
7. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
9. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
10. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Faithfull.' Did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of 'Faithfull,' Marianne Faithfull says that her mother saw that art was a true aristocracy. Evaluate the value of this statement based on the contents of Faithfull's life.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)