|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noble act did Jagger perform for Faithfull?
2. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's background?
3. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
4. What does Faithfull say irritated John?
5. What did Faithfull feel when she had her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
2. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
3. Describe the scene at Courtfield Road.
4. What was Faithfull's role in the perception of the Stones?
5. What charges were filed as a result of the arrest?
6. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
7. What happened when Marianne Faithfull decided to leave Courtfield Road one day?
8. What was Mick Jagger's time in prison like?
9. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
10. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you characterize the rebellion Faithfull and the Rolling Stones and the counter-culture were making? What were its goals? How did individuals make sense of the chaotic environment differently? Was there one counter-culture, or were there as many counter-cultures as there were people?
Essay Topic 2
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
Essay Topic 3
Is there a tension between allegory and non-fiction in 'Faithfull'? What would you expect from a typical allegory? What would you expect from a non-fiction memoir? What kinds of questions would you like to ask to help determine whether the book is fictionalized or accurate?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)