|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize her first love?
2. How does Faithfull characterize Brian Jones' descent during the Rolling Stones' rise to fame?
3. What did Faithfull's first lover introduce her to?
4. What ended up happening between Faithfull and Keith Richards?
5. How does Faithfull characterize the relationship between herself and the Stones on one hand and the cops on the other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
2. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
3. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
4. Describe the effect Faithfull's time at Courtfield Road had on her marriage.
5. What advice did Andrew Loog Oldham give Marianne?
6. What was the result of the interview Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull gave to The Daily Mirror?
7. What happened when Marianne Faithfull decided to leave Courtfield Road one day?
8. How does Faithfull say she reacted to the press?
9. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
10. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 2
The 1960s seem to be making a perpetual resurgence in contemporary culture. How are the 1960s Faithfull presents different from the 1960s people now seem to believe in?
Essay Topic 3
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)