|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Faithfull and the Stones take their arrest seriously?
2. Who was Chrissie Shrimpton?
3. How did Bob Dylan appear to Faithfull before she met him?
4. What were Faithfull's thoughts about getting married?
5. What did the cops take when they arrested Faithfull and the Stones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
3. Describe Faithfull's first meeting with Bob Dylan.
4. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
5. What was Mick Jagger like after his release from prison?
6. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
7. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
8. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
9. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
10. What was Faithfull's role in the perception of the Stones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using Faithfull's narrative, describe the relationship between art and drugs. Are they both forms of self-destruction? Of enlightenment? Of fulfillment? What trade-offs do they require?
Essay Topic 2
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)