|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Faithfull and Jagger and James Fox and Andee Cohen spend time together?
2. What ended up happening between Faithfull and Keith Richards?
3. What was the press' reaction to Jagger's verdict?
4. How did Bob Dylan appear to Faithfull before she met him?
5. What did Faithfull do to fit in when she moved to Reading?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
2. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
4. How does Faithfull characterize her early days with Mick Jagger?
5. Describe Faithfull and the Stones' arrest.
6. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
7. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
8. What was Faithfull's relationship with Mick Jagger while she was spending time at Courtfield Road?
9. What advice did Andrew Loog Oldham give Marianne?
10. What was Marianne Faithfull's response when John Dunbar wrote to ask her to come back home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you characterize Marianne Faithfull's relationship with herself and her early years? How does her writing describe an old self, a young self, and a relationship between them?
Essay Topic 2
What was Faithfull's most important work? Was it a song, an album, or a work of a different kind?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)