|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull say the Rolling Stones were accused of being?
2. What did Dylan say about his experience with Faithfull?
3. What happened to Anita Pallenberg after 'Performance', according to Faithfull?
4. What does Faithfull say about shopping with Jagger?
5. What does Faithfull say her hit song contained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
2. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
3. Describe the scene at Courtfield Road.
4. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
5. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
7. How does Faithfull characterize her mother's storytelling?
8. Describe Marianne Faithfull's 1965 pregnancy.
9. Whom else did Marianne Faithfull meet at the hotel where she met Bob Dylan?
10. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you characterize Marianne Faithfull's relationship with herself and her early years? How does her writing describe an old self, a young self, and a relationship between them?
Essay Topic 2
What experience was most influential in turning Marianne Faithfull away from drugs? What makes that experience more influential than others?
Essay Topic 3
Make an annotated time line of Marianne Faithfull's life. Track the appearance and disappearance of other people as much as you can.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)