|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Keith Richards avoid the set of 'Performance'?
2. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
3. Whom would Faithfull spend time with when she left her home?
4. What drugs does Faithfull describe doing with the Rolling Stones?
5. How old was Faithfull when she got pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the consequences of Faithfull's parents' divorce?
2. What does Faithfull say about Brian Jones' behavior after Mick Jagger's release from prison?
3. Describe Faithfull's relationship with the place at Courtfield Road.
4. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
5. What was Faithfull's role in the perception of the Stones?
6. What advice did Andrew Loog Oldham give Marianne?
7. Describe the effect Faithfull's time at Courtfield Road had on her marriage.
8. What was the result of the interview Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull gave to The Daily Mirror?
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
10. How did Jagger and Faithfull get into films?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Given the strong presence of the British aristocracy in Faithfull's story, describe how her life would have unfolded differently if Faithfull had been American.
Essay Topic 2
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
Essay Topic 3
The 1960s seem to be making a perpetual resurgence in contemporary culture. How are the 1960s Faithfull presents different from the 1960s people now seem to believe in?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)