|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocked Faithfull in Jagger's behavior?
2. What did Faithfull end up doing with Keith Richards?
3. What was Mick Jagger always pretending, according to Faithfull?
4. Why does Marianne Faithfull say the Stones were incapable of anarchy?
5. Whom did Anita Pallenberg begin to date, after Faithfull performed in a play in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
2. What effect does Faithfull say drugs had on Mick Jagger in the 1960s?
3. What was the set of 'Performance' like?
4. What advice did Andrew Loog Oldham give Marianne?
5. What was Faithfull's role in the perception of the Stones?
6. What conflict did Marianne Faithfull feel when she got pregnant?
7. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first love.
8. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
9. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's first real experience with Mick Jagger.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the various legacies for which Marianne Faithfull could be known? Which do you think will be the most important?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of 'Faithfull,' Marianne Faithfull says that her mother saw that art was a true aristocracy. Evaluate the value of this statement based on the contents of Faithfull's life.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of person would find Marianne Faithfull's memoir inspiring? What kind of person would find it disgusting? Working from the text, describe four or five personality types who would react to 'Faithfull' differently.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)