|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the things Jagger experienced after the bust end up being expressed?
2. Who approached Faithfull to see if she could sing?
3. What does Faithfull say about shopping with Jagger?
4. How does Faithfull characterize the relationship between Brian Jones and Anita Pallenberg?
5. What song became a huge hit for Faithfull?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were recording sessions like for Jagger and Faithfull?
2. Describe the changes Marianne Faithfull made in her management after she got famous.
3. Describe Faithfull and the Stones' arrest.
4. How did Marianne Faithfull end up with Mick Jagger?
5. How did Jagger and Faithfull get into films?
6. What was the effect of 'Performance' on Jagger and Faithfull's relationship?
7. How did the Stones' image change while Mick Jagger was in prison?
8. How were the Stones framed for arrest?
9. Describe Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull's relationship with James Fox and Andee Cohen.
10. What was Faithfull's relationship with 'As Tears Go By'?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between the culture of hard drugs and the culture of drugs like marijuana and LSD? What are the differences between druggies and people like Mick Jagger who can just dabble in drug culture without being snared by addiction?
Essay Topic 2
What does 'Faithfull' tell us about the changes that were taking place in culture in the 1960s? Is her perspective very useful for making this portrait, or is it too personal? How does Faithfull herself try to answer this question about the times and events taking place around her?
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize Marianne Faithfull's relationship with herself and her early years? How does her writing describe an old self, a young self, and a relationship between them?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)