|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' about, according to Faithfull?
(a) Anita Pallenberg.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Brian Jones.
2. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
(a) She was turned on.
(b) She was outraged.
(c) She didn't mind.
(d) She was afraid for him.
3. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
(a) The man who saved her life.
(b) A guy she had good times with.
(c) A dealer who invited her into his business.
(d) The worst man she was ever with.
4. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
(a) She thought she should be dead.
(b) She didn't know she was overdosing.
(c) She thought she could transcend herself.
(d) She wanted to hurt Jagger.
5. What does Faithfull say she learned at Hazelden?
(a) If you only help yourself, it's useless.
(b) You have to help yourself.
(c) She had hurt the people she loved the most.
(d) There really is no reason to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say Jagger liked about this reputation?
2. How does Faithfull characterize life without drugs?
3. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
4. What caused Marianne Faithfull to forget who she was and where she was?
5. How does Faithfull characterize her album 'A Child's Adventure'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
2. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
3. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
5. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Ben Brierly.
6. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
7. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
8. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Howard Tose.
10. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)