|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom was 'Strange Weather' dedicated?
(a) Mick Jagger.
(b) Her son Nicholas.
(c) Howard Tose.
(d) Ben Brierly.
2. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(b) They were developing a destructive hostility.
(c) They were talking about merging.
(d) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
3. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
(a) It was a true aristocracy.
(b) It was just another form of self-sacrifice.
(c) It was the most expensive habit.
(d) It was the brightest form of self-destruction.
4. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
(a) Rich and brash.
(b) Loving and domestic.
(c) Aristocratic and patient.
(d) Bookish and clever.
5. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
(a) Drug deals.
(b) Recording contracts.
(c) Artist friends.
(d) Society friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Faithfull's response when Mick Jagger married Bianca Jagger?
2. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
3. What does Faithfull say made heroin different from other drugs?
4. What made Bianca attractive to Mick Jagger?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
2. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's domestic life with Mick Jagger.
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
5. Describe Faithfull's dream about Mick Jagger.
6. Describe Marianne Faithfull's lifestyle in Soho.
7. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
8. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's response to her overdose?
9. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
10. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)