|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
(c) High society.
2. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
(a) Seen behind the veil of good and evil.
(b) Become a spiritual creature.
(c) Transgressed an elemental code.
(d) Divorced herself from human beings.
3. Who was Ahmet?
(a) Faithfull's editor.
(b) Mick Jagger's agent.
(c) The Rolling Stones' publicist.
(d) The head of Atlantic Records.
4. What caused Marianne Faithfull to forget who she was and where she was?
(d) Jet lag.
5. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
(a) A waste of time.
(b) A new kind of music.
(c) Ahead of its time.
(d) A return to roots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
2. To whom was 'Strange Weather' dedicated?
3. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
4. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
5. How did Faithfull characterize her relationship with Jagger during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
2. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
3. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
4. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
5. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
6. Describe Faithfull's mother's feelings about art.
7. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
8. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
9. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
10. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)