|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
2. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
(a) She didn't know she was overdosing.
(b) She thought she could transcend herself.
(c) She wanted to hurt Jagger.
(d) She thought she should be dead.
3. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
(c) A poem to record.
(d) A recording contract.
4. How does Faithfull characterize her album 'A Child's Adventure'?
5. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
(a) Took her to Spain.
(b) Issued a greatest hits album of her work.
(c) Got her a role in a new movie.
(d) Published an article on her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
2. What does Faithfull say she woke up feeling?
3. What did Ahmet say about Marianne Faithfull?
4. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
5. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
2. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
3. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
4. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
5. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
6. How did Marianne Faithfull get back into making music?
7. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
8. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
9. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
10. Describe Faithfull's experience as Ophelia.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)