|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
(a) Music to play for the dead.
(b) Music to get sober for.
(c) Music to fall in love to.
(d) Music to slit your wrists by.
2. How did Faithfull's return to fame affect her relationship with Ben Brierly?
(a) He started using drugs.
(b) He had more and more affairs.
(c) He became violent and threatening.
(d) He felt he was losing control.
3. What did Dylan tell Faithfull he regretted?
(a) Not making love to her.
(b) Being married.
(c) Kicking her out of his place.
(d) Tearing up his poem to her.
4. What kind of unwanted attention did Broken English bring Faithfull?
(a) Media attention.
(b) Attention to their finances.
(c) Police attention.
(d) Anti-drug campaigns' attention.
5. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
(a) Seen behind the veil of good and evil.
(b) Become a spiritual creature.
(c) Transgressed an elemental code.
(d) Divorced herself from human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
2. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
3. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
4. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
5. How does Faithfull characterize life without drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faithfull describe the agony of addiction?
2. What trauma accompanied Faithfull's breakup with Jagger?
3. Describe Marianne Faithfull's reunion with Bob Dylan.
4. Describe Faithfull's first overdose.
5. What split Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull up in the 1970s?
6. How was the Rolling Stones' image changing by the late 1960s?
7. Contrast this visit with the last previous visit between Faithfull and Dylan.
8. What ended the relationship between Marianne Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
9. Describe Marianne Faithfull's relationship with Lord Paddy Rossmore.
10. How did Broken English have negative consequences for Faithfull and Ben Brierly?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)