|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ahmet say about Marianne Faithfull?
(a) She was the heart of the Rolling Stones.
(b) She had to be cut out of Jagger's life.
(c) She would jeopardize everything.
(d) She was a druggie.
2. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
(a) It was a true aristocracy.
(b) It was the brightest form of self-destruction.
(c) It was just another form of self-sacrifice.
(d) It was the most expensive habit.
3. Who is 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' about, according to Faithfull?
(a) Anita Pallenberg.
(b) Brian Jones.
(d) Mick Jagger.
4. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were developing a destructive hostility.
(b) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(c) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
(d) They were talking about merging.
5. What does Faithfull say was Dylan's reaction when they saw each other again?
(a) He was disgusted.
(b) He was thrilled.
(c) He was distrustful.
(d) He was enamored.
6. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
(a) Ahead of its time.
(b) A return to roots.
(c) A new kind of music.
(d) A waste of time.
7. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
(a) She was in love with a madman.
(b) She thought about drowning herself.
(c) Her brother tried to organize her life.
(d) She was under the control of a talkative father.
8. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
(a) The Sisters.
(b) Threepenny Opera.
(c) Broken English.
(d) The Homecoming.
9. Whom did Faithfull think she saw in the mirror?
(a) Anita Pallenberg.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Brian Jones.
(d) James Fox.
10. How did Faithfull's return to fame affect her relationship with Ben Brierly?
(a) He started using drugs.
(b) He became violent and threatening.
(c) He had more and more affairs.
(d) He felt he was losing control.
11. How does Faithfull characterize her album 'A Child's Adventure'?
12. How does Faithfull characterize Dylan's life when they met up?
(a) At a low point.
(b) At its peak.
(c) On the way down.
(d) On the mend.
13. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
(a) Recording contracts.
(b) Drug deals.
(c) Artist friends.
(d) Society friends.
14. Who was Christina Money?
(a) Faithfull's dealer.
(b) Faithfull's agent.
(c) Faithfull's lover.
(d) Ben Brierly's lover.
15. What does Faithfull say people thought of Mick Jagger after Let it Bleed came out?
(a) He was a prophet.
(b) He was a danger to society.
(c) He was the devil.
(d) He was a genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
2. What stopped after Faithfull and Jagger established a domestic life at Cheyne Walk?
3. Whom does Faithfull say she was in love with while she was living with Jagger in Cheyne Walk?
4. When did Faithfull meet Dylan again?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)