|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Marianne Faithfull to forget who she was and where she was?
(d) Jet lag.
2. What does Faithfull say Jagger liked about this reputation?
(a) The privacy.
(b) The publicity.
(c) The freedom.
(d) The glamour.
3. Whom does Faithfull say she was in love with while she was living with Jagger in Cheyne Walk?
(a) Tony Nicol.
(b) James Fox.
(c) Anita Pallenberg.
(d) Keith Richards.
4. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's lifestyle in the early 1970s?
(a) A diabolical life.
(b) The high life.
(c) A magical life.
(d) The low life.
5. How does Faithfull characterize her album 'A Child's Adventure'?
6. What did Faithfull offer her son when he came to visit her in New York?
7. What stopped after Faithfull and Jagger established a domestic life at Cheyne Walk?
(a) They started writing their memoirs.
(b) Faithfull got pregnant.
(c) The Stones stopped recording.
(d) They stopped having sex.
8. What did Ahmet say about Marianne Faithfull?
(a) She was a druggie.
(b) She was the heart of the Rolling Stones.
(c) She had to be cut out of Jagger's life.
(d) She would jeopardize everything.
9. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
(a) Music to get sober for.
(b) Music to play for the dead.
(c) Music to fall in love to.
(d) Music to slit your wrists by.
10. What does Faithfull say made heroin different from other drugs?
(a) It was completely placid.
(b) It didn't have a hangover.
(c) It stopped sensation.
(d) It made everything crystalline.
11. Who is 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' about, according to Faithfull?
(a) Brian Jones.
(b) Anita Pallenberg.
(c) Mick Jagger.
12. What unpleasantness arose in 1970 regarding John Dunbar?
(a) A financial scandal.
(b) A paternity suit from a young serving girl.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A divorce case.
13. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
(a) Threepenny Opera.
(b) Broken English.
(c) The Homecoming.
(d) The Sisters.
14. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
(a) She got sick.
(b) The recording studio kicked her out.
(c) She spent all the money for her musicians on drugs.
(d) She was sent to a detox program.
15. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
(a) Aristocratic and patient.
(b) Bookish and clever.
(c) Rich and brash.
(d) Loving and domestic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
2. When did Faithfull meet Dylan again?
3. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
4. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
5. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)