|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
(a) He had numerous infidelities.
(b) He was always trying to get her to quit drugs.
(c) He would disappear on her.
(d) He squandered their money.
2. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
(a) Become a spiritual creature.
(b) Divorced herself from human beings.
(c) Transgressed an elemental code.
(d) Seen behind the veil of good and evil.
3. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
(a) The recording studio kicked her out.
(b) She got sick.
(c) She spent all the money for her musicians on drugs.
(d) She was sent to a detox program.
4. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
(a) A poem to record.
(c) A recording contract.
5. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
(a) Had her arrested.
(b) Took her to therapy.
(c) Locked her out.
(d) Divorced her.
6. Whom does Faithfull say she was in love with while she was living with Jagger in Cheyne Walk?
(a) Tony Nicol.
(b) James Fox.
(c) Anita Pallenberg.
(d) Keith Richards.
7. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
(a) It was the most expensive habit.
(b) It was a true aristocracy.
(c) It was the brightest form of self-destruction.
(d) It was just another form of self-sacrifice.
8. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
(a) A dealer who invited her into his business.
(b) The man who saved her life.
(c) A guy she had good times with.
(d) The worst man she was ever with.
9. How does Faithfull characterize life without drugs?
10. Who is 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' about, according to Faithfull?
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Brian Jones.
(d) Anita Pallenberg.
11. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
(a) Artist friends.
(b) Drug deals.
(c) Society friends.
(d) Recording contracts.
12. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
(a) Bitter and contentious.
(b) Troubled by poor health.
(c) Miserable with alcohol addiction.
(d) Sweet and peaceful.
13. To whom was 'Strange Weather' dedicated?
(a) Howard Tose.
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Ben Brierly.
(d) Her son Nicholas.
14. What does Faithfull say people thought of Mick Jagger after Let it Bleed came out?
(a) He was a danger to society.
(b) He was the devil.
(c) He was a prophet.
(d) He was a genius.
15. What did Ahmet say about Marianne Faithfull?
(a) She would jeopardize everything.
(b) She had to be cut out of Jagger's life.
(c) She was the heart of the Rolling Stones.
(d) She was a druggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
2. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
3. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
4. How does Faithfull characterize Dylan's life when they met up?
5. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)