|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
(a) Got her a role in a new movie.
(b) Published an article on her work.
(c) Took her to Spain.
(d) Issued a greatest hits album of her work.
2. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
(a) She was outraged.
(b) She was afraid for him.
(c) She didn't mind.
(d) She was turned on.
3. What does Faithfull say people thought of Mick Jagger after Let it Bleed came out?
(a) He was a genius.
(b) He was the devil.
(c) He was a danger to society.
(d) He was a prophet.
4. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(b) They were developing a destructive hostility.
(c) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
(d) They were talking about merging.
5. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
(a) It was the most expensive habit.
(b) It was a true aristocracy.
(c) It was just another form of self-sacrifice.
(d) It was the brightest form of self-destruction.
6. Who was Ahmet?
(a) The head of Atlantic Records.
(b) Mick Jagger's agent.
(c) The Rolling Stones' publicist.
(d) Faithfull's editor.
7. What does Faithfull say was Dylan's reaction when they saw each other again?
(a) He was disgusted.
(b) He was distrustful.
(c) He was enamored.
(d) He was thrilled.
8. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
(a) Returned to drug use.
(b) Started detoxification.
(c) Started playing music again.
(d) Released Broken English.
9. What did Faithfull offer her son when he came to visit her in New York?
10. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
11. How does Faithfull characterize her album 'A Child's Adventure'?
12. Where did Faithfull go from New York to clean herself up?
13. What does Faithfull say prevented her from dying?
(a) Brian Jones' love.
(b) Anita Pallenberg's affection for her.
(c) Quick action by the paramedics.
(d) Things she had not finished in her life.
14. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
(a) A recording contract.
(c) A poem to record.
15. Whom did Faithfull think she saw in the mirror?
(a) Brian Jones.
(b) James Fox.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Anita Pallenberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize life without drugs?
2. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
3. Who was Christina Money?
4. How did Faithfull characterize her relationship with Jagger during this time?
5. What did Dylan tell Faithfull he still had from when they had known each other in the 1960s?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)