|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
(a) Released Broken English.
(b) Started detoxification.
(c) Returned to drug use.
(d) Started playing music again.
2. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
(a) Drug deals.
(b) Society friends.
(c) Artist friends.
(d) Recording contracts.
3. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
(a) Established her creative genius.
(b) Made her look fiendish.
(c) Rehabilitated her.
(d) Bankrupted it.
4. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
(a) He would disappear on her.
(b) He was always trying to get her to quit drugs.
(c) He had numerous infidelities.
(d) He squandered their money.
5. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
(c) High society.
6. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
7. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were talking about merging.
(b) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
(c) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(d) They were developing a destructive hostility.
8. Where did Faithfull go from New York to clean herself up?
9. What does Faithfull say was Dylan's reaction when they saw each other again?
(a) He was disgusted.
(b) He was enamored.
(c) He was distrustful.
(d) He was thrilled.
10. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
(a) White collar criminals.
(b) High society.
(c) Respectable bourgeois society.
(d) Junkies and winos.
11. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's lifestyle in the early 1970s?
(a) The high life.
(b) A diabolical life.
(c) The low life.
(d) A magical life.
12. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
(a) She thought she should be dead.
(b) She thought she could transcend herself.
(c) She wanted to hurt Jagger.
(d) She didn't know she was overdosing.
13. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
(a) She didn't mind.
(b) She was outraged.
(c) She was turned on.
(d) She was afraid for him.
14. What does Faithfull say prevented her from dying?
(a) Anita Pallenberg's affection for her.
(b) Things she had not finished in her life.
(c) Quick action by the paramedics.
(d) Brian Jones' love.
15. What does Faithfull say she learned at Hazelden?
(a) There really is no reason to live.
(b) You have to help yourself.
(c) If you only help yourself, it's useless.
(d) She had hurt the people she loved the most.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie did Faithfull fly to Sydney to be part of?
2. Who was Christina Money?
3. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
4. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
5. How did Oliver Musker demonstrate his devotion to Marianne Faithfull?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)