|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
(a) It was just another form of self-sacrifice.
(b) It was the most expensive habit.
(c) It was a true aristocracy.
(d) It was the brightest form of self-destruction.
2. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
(a) She became belligerent with people.
(b) She was always on drugs.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She didn't fit in.
3. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
(a) Rich and brash.
(b) Bookish and clever.
(c) Loving and domestic.
(d) Aristocratic and patient.
4. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
5. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
(b) A poem to record.
(c) A recording contract.
6. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
(a) A return to roots.
(b) A new kind of music.
(c) A waste of time.
(d) Ahead of its time.
7. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
(a) Started playing music again.
(b) Returned to drug use.
(c) Released Broken English.
(d) Started detoxification.
8. What did Dylan tell Faithfull he still had from when they had known each other in the 1960s?
(a) A piece of her clothing.
(b) A letter he never sent to her.
(c) A poem of hers.
(d) A photo of her.
9. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
(a) The Homecoming.
(b) The Sisters.
(c) Broken English.
(d) Threepenny Opera.
10. What unpleasantness arose in 1970 regarding John Dunbar?
(a) A paternity suit from a young serving girl.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A divorce case.
(d) A financial scandal.
11. What kind of unwanted attention did Broken English bring Faithfull?
(a) Attention to their finances.
(b) Anti-drug campaigns' attention.
(c) Media attention.
(d) Police attention.
12. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's lifestyle in the early 1970s?
(a) The high life.
(b) The low life.
(c) A magical life.
(d) A diabolical life.
13. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
(a) Made her look fiendish.
(b) Rehabilitated her.
(c) Bankrupted it.
(d) Established her creative genius.
14. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
(a) The man who saved her life.
(b) The worst man she was ever with.
(c) A dealer who invited her into his business.
(d) A guy she had good times with.
15. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
(a) She was under the control of a talkative father.
(b) She thought about drowning herself.
(c) Her brother tried to organize her life.
(d) She was in love with a madman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Christina Money?
2. What did Ahmet say about Marianne Faithfull?
3. How does Faithfull characterize Soho society in the early 1970s?
4. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
5. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)