|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize 'Let it Bleed'?
(a) A return to roots.
(b) A waste of time.
(c) A new kind of music.
(d) Ahead of its time.
2. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
(a) Through a friend.
(b) At an art opening.
(c) At a concert.
(d) Looking for heroin.
3. How did Oliver Musker demonstrate his devotion to Marianne Faithfull?
(a) He took her to Bexley and visited every day.
(b) He helped her get custody of her child.
(c) He bought her drugs.
(d) He wrote songs about her.
4. Who was Christina Money?
(a) Faithfull's dealer.
(b) Faithfull's lover.
(c) Ben Brierly's lover.
(d) Faithfull's agent.
5. What was Faithfull's response when Mick Jagger married Bianca Jagger?
(a) She attacked him.
(b) She hardly noticed.
(c) She got very drunk.
(d) She went to his house to yell at him.
6. Who is 'You Can't Always Get What You Want' about, according to Faithfull?
(b) Mick Jagger.
(c) Anita Pallenberg.
(d) Brian Jones.
7. What did Dylan tell Faithfull he still had from when they had known each other in the 1960s?
(a) A photo of her.
(b) A poem of hers.
(c) A piece of her clothing.
(d) A letter he never sent to her.
8. What does Faithfull say people thought of Mick Jagger after Let it Bleed came out?
(a) He was a prophet.
(b) He was a danger to society.
(c) He was a genius.
(d) He was the devil.
9. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
10. What does Faithfull say she learned at Hazelden?
(a) There really is no reason to live.
(b) If you only help yourself, it's useless.
(c) You have to help yourself.
(d) She had hurt the people she loved the most.
11. What made Bianca attractive to Mick Jagger?
(a) She was poor.
(b) She was sober.
(c) She was glamorous.
(d) She was young.
12. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
(a) He had numerous infidelities.
(b) He squandered their money.
(c) He would disappear on her.
(d) He was always trying to get her to quit drugs.
13. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(b) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
(c) They were developing a destructive hostility.
(d) They were talking about merging.
14. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
(a) Her brother tried to organize her life.
(b) She thought about drowning herself.
(c) She was under the control of a talkative father.
(d) She was in love with a madman.
15. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
(a) Took her to Spain.
(b) Published an article on her work.
(c) Issued a greatest hits album of her work.
(d) Got her a role in a new movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unpleasantness arose in 1970 regarding John Dunbar?
2. What does Faithfull say she woke up feeling?
3. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
4. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
5. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)