|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
(a) She got sick.
(b) The recording studio kicked her out.
(c) She spent all the money for her musicians on drugs.
(d) She was sent to a detox program.
2. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
(a) She wanted to hurt Jagger.
(b) She didn't know she was overdosing.
(c) She thought she could transcend herself.
(d) She thought she should be dead.
3. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
(a) Music to get sober for.
(b) Music to slit your wrists by.
(c) Music to play for the dead.
(d) Music to fall in love to.
4. Who was Christina Money?
(a) Faithfull's dealer.
(b) Ben Brierly's lover.
(c) Faithfull's lover.
(d) Faithfull's agent.
5. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
(a) At a concert.
(b) At an art opening.
(c) Looking for heroin.
(d) Through a friend.
6. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
7. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
(a) Artist friends.
(b) Society friends.
(c) Recording contracts.
(d) Drug deals.
8. What movie did Faithfull fly to Sydney to be part of?
(a) Ned Kelly.
(b) Three Sisters.
(c) Sister Morphine.
9. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were developing a destructive hostility.
(b) They were talking about merging.
(c) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(d) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
10. What does Faithfull say was Dylan's reaction when they saw each other again?
(a) He was disgusted.
(b) He was enamored.
(c) He was thrilled.
(d) He was distrustful.
11. What did Ahmet say about Marianne Faithfull?
(a) She was the heart of the Rolling Stones.
(b) She would jeopardize everything.
(c) She had to be cut out of Jagger's life.
(d) She was a druggie.
12. What does Faithfull say Jagger liked about this reputation?
(a) The privacy.
(b) The freedom.
(c) The publicity.
(d) The glamour.
13. How does Faithfull characterize Dylan's life when they met up?
(a) At a low point.
(b) At its peak.
(c) On the way down.
(d) On the mend.
14. Whom did Faithfull think she saw in the mirror?
(a) Brian Jones.
(b) James Fox.
(c) Mick Jagger.
(d) Anita Pallenberg.
15. What had Faithfull just done when she met Dylan again?
(a) Released Broken English.
(b) Returned to drug use.
(c) Started detoxification.
(d) Started playing music again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
2. What caused Marianne Faithfull to forget who she was and where she was?
3. Whom were Ben Brierly and Faithfull hanging out with in Lots Road?
4. What does Faithfull say she learned at Hazelden?
5. To whom was 'Strange Weather' dedicated?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)