|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
(a) Got her a role in a new movie.
(b) Took her to Spain.
(c) Issued a greatest hits album of her work.
(d) Published an article on her work.
2. What does Faithfull say she had done by using drugs so willfully?
(a) Seen behind the veil of good and evil.
(b) Become a spiritual creature.
(c) Divorced herself from human beings.
(d) Transgressed an elemental code.
3. How did Faithfull's return to fame affect her relationship with Ben Brierly?
(a) He started using drugs.
(b) He became violent and threatening.
(c) He had more and more affairs.
(d) He felt he was losing control.
4. How does Faithfull characterize her early relationship with Ben Brierly?
5. Why did Jagger stop inviting Faithfull to dine out with him?
(a) She was pregnant.
(b) She didn't fit in.
(c) She became belligerent with people.
(d) She was always on drugs.
6. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
(a) Looking for heroin.
(b) At an art opening.
(c) At a concert.
(d) Through a friend.
7. What did Faithfull offer her son when he came to visit her in New York?
8. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
(a) Bitter and contentious.
(b) Miserable with alcohol addiction.
(c) Troubled by poor health.
(d) Sweet and peaceful.
9. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
(a) He had numerous infidelities.
(b) He squandered their money.
(c) He was always trying to get her to quit drugs.
(d) He would disappear on her.
10. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
(a) She was afraid for him.
(b) She was turned on.
(c) She didn't mind.
(d) She was outraged.
11. What was Faithfull's response when Mick Jagger married Bianca Jagger?
(a) She hardly noticed.
(b) She attacked him.
(c) She got very drunk.
(d) She went to his house to yell at him.
12. Who was Christina Money?
(a) Faithfull's lover.
(b) Faithfull's dealer.
(c) Ben Brierly's lover.
(d) Faithfull's agent.
13. What did Dylan tell Faithfull he regretted?
(a) Kicking her out of his place.
(b) Not making love to her.
(c) Being married.
(d) Tearing up his poem to her.
14. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
(a) She got sick.
(b) She was sent to a detox program.
(c) She spent all the money for her musicians on drugs.
(d) The recording studio kicked her out.
15. What stopped after Faithfull and Jagger established a domestic life at Cheyne Walk?
(a) Faithfull got pregnant.
(b) The Stones stopped recording.
(c) They started writing their memoirs.
(d) They stopped having sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
2. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
3. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
4. What did 'Lucifer Rising' do for Faithfull's image?
5. How did Faithfull characterize her relationship with Jagger during this time?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)