|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
(b) A poem to record.
(c) A recording contract.
2. How did Oliver Musker demonstrate his devotion to Marianne Faithfull?
(a) He bought her drugs.
(b) He helped her get custody of her child.
(c) He wrote songs about her.
(d) He took her to Bexley and visited every day.
3. What did Ben Brierly and Marianne Faithfull have in common with Sid Vicious?
(a) Society friends.
(b) Recording contracts.
(c) Drug deals.
(d) Artist friends.
4. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
(a) Music to fall in love to.
(b) Music to get sober for.
(c) Music to play for the dead.
(d) Music to slit your wrists by.
5. What did Paddy Rossmore do when he found out about Faithfull's drug addiction?
(a) Locked her out.
(b) Had her arrested.
(c) Took her to therapy.
(d) Divorced her.
6. Where did Faithfull meet Ben Brierly?
(a) Looking for heroin.
(b) At a concert.
(c) Through a friend.
(d) At an art opening.
7. What kind of unwanted attention did Broken English bring Faithfull?
(a) Media attention.
(b) Anti-drug campaigns' attention.
(c) Police attention.
(d) Attention to their finances.
8. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
9. What did Dylan tell Faithfull he regretted?
(a) Being married.
(b) Kicking her out of his place.
(c) Not making love to her.
(d) Tearing up his poem to her.
10. What did Faithfull's mother say about art?
(a) It was the brightest form of self-destruction.
(b) It was just another form of self-sacrifice.
(c) It was a true aristocracy.
(d) It was the most expensive habit.
11. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
(a) The worst man she was ever with.
(b) The man who saved her life.
(c) A dealer who invited her into his business.
(d) A guy she had good times with.
12. How does Faithfull characterize Dylan's life when they met up?
(a) At a low point.
(b) On the way down.
(c) On the mend.
(d) At its peak.
13. What unpleasantness arose in 1970 regarding John Dunbar?
(a) A paternity suit from a young serving girl.
(b) A car accident.
(c) A divorce case.
(d) A financial scandal.
14. What did Faithfull dream about Mick Jagger during her detoxification?
(a) He claimed her soul.
(b) He was behind every door.
(c) He died.
(d) He would not stop giving her drugs.
15. When did Faithfull meet Dylan again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
2. What caused Marianne Faithfull to forget who she was and where she was?
3. What show was Marianne Faithfull in that she got great reviews?
4. Where did Faithfull go from New York to clean herself up?
5. Whom did Faithfull think she saw in the mirror?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)