|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Faithfull characterize Hilly Michaels?
(a) A guy she had good times with.
(b) A dealer who invited her into his business.
(c) The man who saved her life.
(d) The worst man she was ever with.
2. How does Faithfull characterize Dylan's life when they met up?
(a) At a low point.
(b) At its peak.
(c) On the way down.
(d) On the mend.
3. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's lifestyle in the early 1970s?
(a) The high life.
(b) A magical life.
(c) A diabolical life.
(d) The low life.
4. How does Faithfull characterize the last years of her mother's life?
(a) Sweet and peaceful.
(b) Miserable with alcohol addiction.
(c) Troubled by poor health.
(d) Bitter and contentious.
5. What was the Rolling Stones' relationship with the Beatles by the late 1960s?
(a) They were eclipsing the Beatles' fame.
(b) They were developing a destructive hostility.
(c) They were feeding each other's notoriety.
(d) They were talking about merging.
6. What did Denny Cordell offer Marianne Faithfull?
(c) A poem to record.
(d) A recording contract.
7. Where did Faithfull go from New York to clean herself up?
8. Who was Ahmet?
(a) Faithfull's editor.
(b) Mick Jagger's agent.
(c) The head of Atlantic Records.
(d) The Rolling Stones' publicist.
9. What did a reviewer call 'Strange Weather'?
(a) Music to fall in love to.
(b) Music to play for the dead.
(c) Music to get sober for.
(d) Music to slit your wrists by.
10. What does Faithfull say Jagger liked about this reputation?
(a) The freedom.
(b) The privacy.
(c) The publicity.
(d) The glamour.
11. Why didn't Faithfull finish the album she was working on in the early 1980s?
(a) The recording studio kicked her out.
(b) She spent all the money for her musicians on drugs.
(c) She got sick.
(d) She was sent to a detox program.
12. What does Faithfull say she felt about Jagger's sleeping with men?
(a) She was outraged.
(b) She was turned on.
(c) She was afraid for him.
(d) She didn't mind.
13. Whom does Faithfull say she was in love with while she was living with Jagger in Cheyne Walk?
(a) Tony Nicol.
(b) Keith Richards.
(c) Anita Pallenberg.
(d) James Fox.
14. How does Faithfull characterize Jagger's relationship with magic?
15. How does Faithfull characterize Lord Paddy Rossmore?
(a) Loving and domestic.
(b) Aristocratic and patient.
(c) Rich and brash.
(d) Bookish and clever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Faithfull characterize her relationship with Jagger during this time?
2. How did Ben Brierly torment Marianne Faithfull?
3. What did Faithfull dream about Mick Jagger during her detoxification?
4. Whom did Faithfull think she saw in the mirror?
5. Why does Faithfull say she overdosed on pills?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)