|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Keith Richards avoid the set of 'Performance'?
(a) He was trying to stay off drugs.
(b) He was too busy recording.
(c) He had a bad reputation with the filmmakers.
(d) He found it painful.
2. What did Faithfull believe her baby would do?
(a) Make her smarter.
(b) Ground her.
(c) Fulfill her.
(d) Free her.
3. What did the cops take when they arrested Faithfull and the Stones?
4. What did Faithfull say the Rolling Stones were accused of being?
5. What did Faithfull say changed when she took this advice?
(c) The spatial dimension.
6. How does Faithfull characterize Mick Jagger during their first real conversation?
7. What did Keith Richards tell Marianne Faithfull when she left the Rolling Stones to go home?
(a) He was in love with her.
(b) They didn't want her back.
(c) She should fix things up with her husband.
(d) She had broken the bond of the group.
8. How did Faithfull characterize Jagger when she saw him on tour?
9. What advice did Faithfull get about recording?
(a) Sing close to the mike.
(b) Sing the vowels.
(c) Sing a bit ahead of the beat.
(d) Articulate clearly.
10. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
11. What did Faithfull think of Dylan when she got to be alone with him?
(a) She was disgusted.
(b) She was mesmerized.
(c) She was enamored.
(d) She found him daunting.
12. What was Faithfull's strategy for answering reporters' questions?
(a) Expose herself by telling her stories from childhood.
(b) Outrage the reporters by making off-color comments.
(c) Give a long lecture on the injustices perpetuated by capitalism.
(d) Say the first outlandish thing that came into her head.
13. What noble act did Jagger perform for Faithfull?
(a) He paid for her lawyer
(b) He paid her bail.
(c) He took the blame for her.
(d) He refused to testify against her.
14. How did 'Ruby Tuesday' start?
(a) As an instrumental.
(b) As a classical tune.
(c) As a recorder riff.
(d) As a folk song.
15. How did Faithfull start to think of her husband after the baby was born?
(a) He was divine.
(b) He was undermining her.
(c) He was tiresome.
(d) He was belittling her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Faithfull when she got pregnant?
2. What does Faithfull say her hit song contained?
3. What song became a huge hit for Faithfull?
4. Whom did Anita Pallenberg begin to date, after Faithfull performed in a play in London?
5. How old was Faithfull when her parents split up?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)