|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song became a huge hit for Faithfull?
(c) 'As Tears Go By.'
(d) 'Boots of Spanish Leather.'
2. What did Faithfull say the Rolling Stones were accused of being?
3. To whom did Faithfull compare Mick Jagger?
(a) Keith Richards.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Anita Pallenberg.
(d) Brian Jones.
4. What was Mick Jagger always pretending, according to Faithfull?
(a) They were a corporation, in the business of making art.
(b) They were always having sex.
(c) They were a nuclear family, with Jagger and Faithfull as the parents.
(d) They were revolutionaries
5. When did Faithfull get pregnant?
6. What shocked Faithfull in Jagger's behavior?
(a) He mistook her for someone else.
(b) He began to adore her.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He couldn't be without her.
7. Why didn't Faithfull and the Stones take their arrest seriously?
(a) The policemen were apologetic.
(b) They were on acid.
(c) They were arrogant.
(d) They were so surprised.
8. What did Faithfull think of Dylan when she got to be alone with him?
(a) She was disgusted.
(b) She was mesmerized.
(c) She found him daunting.
(d) She was enamored.
9. What did Keith Richards come to symbolize, that he could use the imagery to his advantage?
(a) Rock n roll culture.
(b) Revolutionary culture.
(c) Demonic culture.
(d) Church culture.
10. What was the press' reaction to Jagger's verdict?
(a) They ignored him.
(b) They treated him like a pariah.
(c) They followed him around with questions about the bust.
(d) They obsessed about his behavior in prison.
11. Who does Faithfull compare herself to, in her meeting with Dylan?
12. Why was Faithfull's family in danger during World War II?
(a) Her grandmother knew many Nazis.
(b) Her grandfather opposed Hitler.
(c) Her grandfather was a freedom fighter.
(d) Her grandmother was Jewish.
13. What came of the interview Faithfull and Jagger gave to the Daily Mirror?
(a) Iconic photos.
(b) An angry letter from Keith Richards.
(c) Divorce papers from John.
(d) Record deals.
14. What did Faithfull end up doing with Keith Richards?
(a) Having sex.
(b) Moving in.
(c) Doing mushrooms.
(d) Going to Paris.
15. Why does Marianne Faithfull say the Stones were incapable of anarchy?
(a) They were too disorganized.
(b) They were too apathetic.
(c) They relied too much on an organized society.
(d) They were drunk too much of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Faithfull believe her baby would do?
2. What does Faithfull say Jagger blamed her for?
3. How did Bob Dylan appear to Faithfull before she met him?
4. How did Faithfull characterize the environment in the place where she spent time away from home?
5. What was Donald Cammell's method of working with Jagger and his friends?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)