|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Faithfull go to Newcastle?
(a) For a TV appearance.
(b) To meet a pop star.
(c) For a class.
(d) To meet Mick Jagger.
2. How did a Times article change the view of the Rolling Stones?
(a) They became victims.
(b) They became sacrificial lambs.
(c) They became monsters.
(d) They became criminals.
3. What were Faithfull's feelings about James Fox?
4. What were Faithfull's thoughts about getting married?
(a) She wanted to marry, but not Jagger.
(b) She was still trying to work things out with her husband.
(c) She wanted to be married as soon as possible.
(d) She didn't want to marry again.
5. What was Redlands?
(a) Keith Richards's house.
(b) A recording exec's house.
(c) Marianne Faithfull's house.
(d) Brian Jones' house.
6. Where would Faithfull go when she needed freedom?
(b) Courtfield Road.
(c) Her flat in the city.
7. What was Mick Jagger always pretending, according to Faithfull?
(a) They were a corporation, in the business of making art.
(b) They were revolutionaries
(c) They were always having sex.
(d) They were a nuclear family, with Jagger and Faithfull as the parents.
8. What does Faithfull believe led to her arrest?
(a) A conspiracy.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Bad timing.
9. What did Faithfull think of Dylan when she got to be alone with him?
(a) She was disgusted.
(b) She was enamored.
(c) She was mesmerized.
(d) She found him daunting.
10. How does Faithfull characterize the relationship between herself and the Stones on one hand and the cops on the other?
(a) As different planets.
(b) As two different races.
(c) As different civilizations.
(d) As oil and water.
11. What did Mick Jagger decide he wanted to do in the late 60s when he got restless?
(a) Start a family.
(b) Start touring.
(c) Run for Parliament.
(d) Move to America.
12. What would Keith Richards do when he spent time with Faithfull and her friends?
(a) Take drugs.
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Drink wine.
(d) Write songs.
13. What did Faithfull feel when she had her baby?
14. What does Faithfull say Jagger channeled into his music?
(a) His demons.
(b) His love.
(c) His idealism.
(d) His ennui.
15. How did Jagger's dandyish clothing affect the public's view of him?
(a) They saw him as a flagrant homosexual.
(b) They saw him as a persecuted aristocrat.
(c) They saw him as a threat to bourgeois norms.
(d) They saw him as a fragile genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Faithfull's mother from?
2. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
3. What advice did Faithfull get about recording?
4. What did the cops take when they arrested Faithfull and the Stones?
5. What drugs does Faithfull describe doing with the Rolling Stones?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)