|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Broken English.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Faithfull say the Rolling Stones were accused of being?
2. How did Faithfull's husband react to her success in music?
(a) He was unhappy.
(b) He was competitive.
(c) He was supportive.
(d) He was jealous.
3. How did 'Ruby Tuesday' start?
(a) As a folk song.
(b) As a recorder riff.
(c) As a classical tune.
(d) As an instrumental.
4. What did Andrew Oldham do to cheer Marianne Faithfull up after her overdose?
(a) Issued a greatest hits album of her work.
(b) Published an article on her work.
(c) Took her to Spain.
(d) Got her a role in a new movie.
5. What was Faithfull's strategy for answering reporters' questions?
(a) Expose herself by telling her stories from childhood.
(b) Say the first outlandish thing that came into her head.
(c) Outrage the reporters by making off-color comments.
(d) Give a long lecture on the injustices perpetuated by capitalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Faithfull say she identified with Ophelia?
2. What does Faithfull say her hit song contained?
3. Why was Faithfull's family in danger during World War II?
4. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's background?
5. What was Mick Jagger always pretending, according to Faithfull?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)