|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What's a Sweetheart Like You Doing in a Place Like This.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's background?
2. How does Faithfull characterize her mother?
(a) She raised purebred hunting dogs.
(b) She was an artist and eccentric.
(c) She was timid and frail.
(d) She told fantastic stories.
3. What did Faithfull do to fit in when she moved to Reading?
(a) Stopped going to Mass.
(b) Converted to Catholicism.
(c) Started smoking.
(d) Converted to Judaism.
4. Why was Faithfull's family in danger during World War II?
(a) Her grandmother knew many Nazis.
(b) Her grandfather opposed Hitler.
(c) Her grandmother was Jewish.
(d) Her grandfather was a freedom fighter.
5. What advice did Faithfull get about recording?
(a) Sing the vowels.
(b) Sing a bit ahead of the beat.
(c) Sing close to the mike.
(d) Articulate clearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeremy Clyde explain to Faithfull?
2. Where did Faithfull meet Mick Jagger?
3. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
4. What did Faithfull and Allen Ginsberg have in common?
5. Why did Faithfull go to Newcastle?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)