|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What's a Sweetheart Like You Doing in a Place Like This.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song became a huge hit for Faithfull?
(a) 'Boots of Spanish Leather.'
(b) 'As Tears Go By.'
2. What advice did Faithfull get about recording?
(a) Sing close to the mike.
(b) Articulate clearly.
(c) Sing a bit ahead of the beat.
(d) Sing the vowels.
3. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's background?
4. What does Faithfull say her hit song contained?
(a) The key to her history with her parents.
(b) Hints of the coming social turmoil.
(c) Foreshadowing about her relationship with Mick Jagger.
(d) A prophecy of drug addiction.
5. What did Faithfull say changed when she took this advice?
(c) The spatial dimension.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approached Faithfull to see if she could sing?
2. What did Faithfull feel about being in society?
3. How old was Faithfull when her parents split up?
4. How old was Mick Jagger when he wrote this hit song?
5. How does Faithfull characterize her first love?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)