1. What was Marianne Faithfull's mother's background?
2. Why was Faithfull's family in danger during World War II?
(a) Her grandmother knew many Nazis.
(b) Her grandfather was a freedom fighter.
(c) Her grandfather opposed Hitler.
(d) Her grandmother was Jewish.
3. How does Faithfull characterize her father?
(a) As gregarious and often drunk.
(b) As genteel and refined.
(c) As morose but well-read.
(d) As devoted to Utopian causes.
4. What did Faithfull's father establish?
(a) A school for social research.
(b) Techniques for testing intelligence.
(c) A new technique for building engines.
(d) A method for refining copper.
5. Where was Faithfull's mother from?
6. How old was Faithfull when her parents split up?
7. What did Faithfull do to fit in when she moved to Reading?
(a) Converted to Catholicism.
(b) Stopped going to Mass.
(c) Converted to Judaism.
(d) Started smoking.
8. Who was Sally Oldfield?
(a) Marianne's tutor.
(b) A friend from school.
(c) Marianne's step-sister.
(d) Marianne's aunt.
This section contains 4,266 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)