• Marianne Faithfull was born to a Utopian socialist father and an aristocratic Austrian mother who told her fantastic stories.
• First love at 17 introduced her to her husband and to the cultural scene in London.
As Tears Go By
• At a party, Faithfull met the Rolling Stones' producer, Andrew Loog Oldham, and she was given 'As Tears Go By' to sing.
• The rock n roll scene became a wedge between Faithfull and her husband, and she began to sleep with various people on the music scene.
What's a Sweetheart Like You Doing in a Place Like This
• At 18, Faithfull got pregnant, and this gave her husband an excuse to keep her out of the scene.
• Faithfull fascinated Bob Dylan, but when he found out she was pregnant, he tore up the song he'd written about her and made her leave.
• After her son was born...
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)