• Marianne Faithfull was born to a Utopian socialist father and an aristocratic Austrian mother who told her fantastic stories.
• First love at 17 introduced her to her husband and to the cultural scene in London.
As Tears Go By
• At a party, Faithfull met the Rolling Stones' producer, Andrew Loog Oldham, and she was given 'As Tears Go By' to sing.
• The rock n roll scene became a wedge between Faithfull and her husband, and she began to sleep with various people on the music scene.
What's a Sweetheart Like You Doing in a Place Like This
• At 18, Faithfull got pregnant, and this gave her husband an excuse to keep her out of the scene.
• Faithfull fascinated Bob Dylan, but when he found out she was pregnant, he tore up the song he'd written about her and made her leave.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)