Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
2. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
3. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
5. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
Essay Topic 1
1. What is foreshadowing? How many incidences of foreshadowing are in "Faithful Place"? How does foreshadowing contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadowing in "Faithful Place" including why you believe it is foreshadowing. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from "Faithful Place" and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Faithful Place belongs to the mystery drama genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the mystery drama genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a detective novel and a mystery drama novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What is a plot? What are the most important elements of a plot and their definition? Do all novels have a plot? Why or why not?
2. Write a brief synopsis of the plot of "Faithful Place", identifying where the various elements of the plot occur (Exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, resolution or denouement). Do you find it difficult to identify the plot? Why or why not? What about the various elements of the plot?
3. Identify the major sub-plots and their elements in "Faithful Place". (The subplots may not contain every element of a major plot). Do the sub-plots add to the main plot? Why or why not. Are the sub-plots interesting in and of themselves? Why or why not?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)