Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
2. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
3. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
5. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
Faithful Place: A Novel like most mystery novels involves the act of murder. Discuss the following:
1. What is murder? Is the act of murder always clearly murder?
2. Do you think the death of Rosie is tragic? Why or why not. What about Kevin?
3. Is murder ever justified? Why or why not.
4. Do you think Shay should suffer capital punishment for the murder of Rosie? Why or why not.
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of growth in "Faithful Place". Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with growth? Why? What are some symbols of growth? Symbols of rigidity? What characters seem rigid?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of anger in "Faithful Place". Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess courage? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of death in "Faithful Place". Consider the deaths of Rosie and Mike and the death of Holly's innocence.
In most fiction, readers would like all the loose ends to be neatly "tied up." Discuss the following:
1. Do you think "Faithful Place" is successful as a learning tool? Why or why not.
2. What about this book would motivate you to read another of Tana French's novels? What would discourage you from doing so?
3. Were all the "loose ends" satisfactorily settled for you? Why or why not?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)