|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(b) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
(c) She is a disturbed little girl.
(d) She is a wonderful child.
2. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(a) Pulls him back into the house.
(b) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
(d) Pushes him.
3. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(b) Because of Shay's death.
(c) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
(d) Because of Kevin's death.
4. About what does Holly ask Frank?
(a) Go back to the zoo.
(b) Frank's new girlfriend.
(c) Kevin's death.
(d) Shay's death.
5. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(b) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(d) Over a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
2. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
3. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
4. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
5. What is rotted in the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Frank and Holly's conversation about Holly visiting Frank's family.
2. How does Frank have to change his perception about Rosie?
3. What does Frank learn from the coroner about Rosie's death?
4. What does Kennedy tell Frank that infuriates Frank?
5. What does Nora say about her feelings about Rosie?
6. Why has Jackie again frantically called Frank?
7. What information does Stephen have for Frank?
8. What does Frank's mother tell him about Mr. Mackey and Theresa Daly?
9. Which one of Rosie's old friends does Frank locate and how does she react to him initially?
10. What does Frank say to Holly about Kevin's death?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)