|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
(b) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
(c) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(d) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
2. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Go to the zoo.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to an ice cream parlor.
(d) Go skating.
3. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With relief.
(b) With regret.
(d) In anger.
4. What does Frank realize they need to do in the current homicide investigation?
(a) Find out who Imelda talked to over the weekend.
(b) Find out who Shay talked to over the weekend.
(c) Find out who Mr. Daly talked to over the weekend.
(d) Find out who Kevin talked to over the weekend.
5. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
(b) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
(c) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
(d) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rotted in the hole?
2. What does Stephen say Kennedy's theory is about Rosie's death?
3. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
4. How does Frank think his father's thinking is skewed?
5. What does Frank's father say when Frank gets to his father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank think Scorcher is trying to do by ruling Kevin's death an accident and how does Mrs. Mackey react?
2. How has Nora reacted to the news of Rosie's body being found?
3. How do people react to Frank at Kevin's wake and what is Jackie's theory about their reactions?
4. What does Frank say to Holly about Kevin's death?
5. What does Frank's mother tell him about Mr. Mackey and Theresa Daly?
6. What does Stephen say about the comparison between Rosie's and Kevin's deaths?
7. What does Frank request at his office?
8. Which one of Rosie's old friends does Frank locate and how does she react to him initially?
9. What does Frank learn from Imelda about Rosie on the night of Rosie's death?
10. Why has Jackie again frantically called Frank?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)