|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Have breakfast with them.
(b) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Fix Holly's bed.
2. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Going to the beach.
(b) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
(c) Spending the whole day with Holly.
(d) Taking a short vacation to France.
3. What does Frank convince Stephen to do?
(a) Give Frank details of the case of Mr. Daly's death.
(b) Give Frank details of the case of Shay's death.
(c) Give Frank details of the case of Kevin's death.
(d) Nothing; Frank is unsuccessful in convincing Stephen.
4. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
(b) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(c) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
(d) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
5. What does Frank say Holly was wrong to do?
(a) Hitting another girl at school.
(b) Wearing clothes that were too shabby.
(c) Keep the secret about visiting Frank's family.
(d) Telling her mother she will not do her homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosie say her father said the night Rosie plans to run off with Frank?
2. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
3. How does Frank think his father's thinking is skewed?
4. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
5. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank set things up to be able to follow the police investigation into Rosie and Kevin's deaths?
2. What happens to Kevin?
3. What does Frank request at his office?
4. Why is Frank's mother upset at Scorcher?
5. What does Frank's mother tell him about Mr. Mackey and Theresa Daly?
6. Describe Frank and Holly's conversation about Holly visiting Frank's family.
7. What does Frank say when he returns to Olivia's house?
8. What does Stephen say about the comparison between Rosie's and Kevin's deaths?
9. What does Frank learn from Imelda about Rosie on the night of Rosie's death?
10. How has Nora reacted to the news of Rosie's body being found?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)