|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Olivia?
(a) Frank's ex-wife.
(b) An undercover police rookie.
(c) Another police detective.
(d) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
2. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
(a) An undercover officer.
(b) The chief.
(c) A records clerk.
(d) A lieutenant in the detective division.
3. Where is Frank's apartment?
(a) He lives in a hotel room.
(b) About fifty kilometers from Dublin.
(c) In the heart of downtown Dublin.
(d) On the Quays.
4. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(b) Where they are now living.
(c) That they both moved to the United States.
(d) That they married twin brothers.
5. How often does Frank see Holly?
(b) Every weekend.
(c) A couple times a year.
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
2. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
3. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
4. To what does Olivia agree?
5. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank have to take Holly back to her mom's and what is Olivia's response?
2. What does the reader learn about Frank in the opening to Chapter 1?
3. What do Frank and Scorcher talk about when they go to a local pub?
4. What do the Daly's say when Frank asks if they ever heard from Rosie?
5. What does Holly say to her father about Dermot?
6. Who joins Frank at the pub after Scorcher leaves?
7. What did Frank do for years after becoming a cop concerning Rosie?
8. Who does Frank visit and what does he learn?
9. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
10. What does Shay say about his job and his future plans?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)