|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
(b) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(c) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(d) Forced a doctor to treat them.
2. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(c) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(d) Rosie's birth certificate.
3. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because gas is so expensive.
(b) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
(c) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(d) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
4. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 33 years.
5. What is Shay planning to buy?
(a) The garage where he's worked for years.
(b) The bicycle shop where he's worked for years.
(c) A donut shop.
(d) A newspaper kiosk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
2. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
3. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
4. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
5. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Frank visit and what does he learn?
2. Where does Frank convince Kevin to go with him and what do they find?
3. Who has left a frantic message on Frank's phone and what is the message?
4. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
5. What does the Technical Bureau find in the basement at number 16?
6. What do the Daly's say when Frank asks if they ever heard from Rosie?
7. Why does Frank have to take Holly back to her mom's and what is Olivia's response?
8. What does Frank say about his family in regard to Rosie leaving him?
9. Who else arrives on the scene, and why do none of the cops acknowledge Frank?
10. What does Frank discuss with Kevin and what is Kevin's input?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)