|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up in the pub a couple hours after Mick leaves Frank there?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(c) No one.
2. Who is Rosie Daley?
(a) Frank's girlfriend.
(b) The girl Frank is fighting another guy over.
(c) Frank's sister.
(d) A girl who gets on the bus near where Frank is fighting.
3. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
(a) A records clerk.
(b) An undercover officer.
(c) A lieutenant in the detective division.
(d) The chief.
4. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he is planning to stay around.
(b) If he ever married.
(c) If he has any children.
(d) If he would like to go out for a drink.
5. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Bring Holly for a visit.
(c) Talk to their mother.
(d) Get his dad into a nursing home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
2. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
3. How often does Frank see Holly?
4. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
5. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Daly's say when Frank asks if they ever heard from Rosie?
2. What does Frank's family speculate about the suitcase, and how does Shay sum up the speculation?
3. What does Frank discuss with Kevin and what is Kevin's input?
4. What do Frank and Scorcher talk about when they go to a local pub?
5. What does Frank think about when asked why he became a cop?
6. Who joins Frank at the pub after Scorcher leaves?
7. What does Frank ask about the suitcase when he walks in his house and what does the family say?
8. What does Holly say to her father about Dermot?
9. Who has left a frantic message on Frank's phone and what is the message?
10. What does the reader learn about Frank in the opening to Chapter 1?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)