|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Become a photographer.
(b) Run away with his girlfriend.
(c) Find his runaway brother.
(d) Hitchhike around Europe.
2. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Forget the whole situation.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Contact the police.
(d) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
3. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) Several gold bars.
4. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Join him.
(b) Talk to the Daly family.
(c) Have a family meeting.
(d) Try to get more information for the police.
5. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He has no family left.
(b) He is angry at his mother.
(c) He thinks they are all insane.
(d) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
2. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
3. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
4. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
5. What does Mr. Daly do when he comes to the abandoned house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who joins Frank at the pub after Scorcher leaves?
2. What does Carmel ask Frank and what is his answer?
3. Why does Frank have to take Holly back to her mom's and what is Olivia's response?
4. Why was Frank's mother going to come down to the pub?
5. Who else arrives on the scene, and why do none of the cops acknowledge Frank?
6. Where does Frank convince Kevin to go with him and what do they find?
7. Who does Frank visit and what does he learn?
8. Who has left a frantic message on Frank's phone and what is the message?
9. What does Frank ask about the suitcase when he walks in his house and what does the family say?
10. What does Frank think about when asked why he became a cop?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)