|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
(a) She wanted one more night at home.
(b) She had another boyfriend.
(c) She wanted to marry him, but not for another year.
(d) She was telling him she did not want to go with him.
2. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(a) A body.
(c) A note.
(d) A few rats.
3. What does Frank realize is true if Rosie was murdered?
(a) He is a prime suspect.
(b) Kevin is a prime suspect.
(c) Shay is a prime suspect.
(d) He is to blame for Rosie's death.
4. To what does Olivia agree?
(a) That Holly can go visit her maternal grandmother.
(b) That Holly needs to go to a doctor right away.
(c) That Frank can bring Holly back home.
(d) That Holly can spend the night with her best friend.
5. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
(a) Rosie and Frank.
(b) Mr. Mackey and Mr. Daly.
(c) There was no fight.
(d) Shay and Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
2. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
3. Why is there not going to be anyone to help with Frank's father?
4. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
5. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank think about when asked why he became a cop?
2. What does Frank say about his family in regard to Rosie leaving him?
3. Who has left a frantic message on Frank's phone and what is the message?
4. Who joins Frank at the pub after Scorcher leaves?
5. Why was Frank's mother going to come down to the pub?
6. What does the reader learn about Frank in the opening to Chapter 1?
7. What does the Technical Bureau find in the basement at number 16?
8. What does Shay say about his job and his future plans?
9. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
10. What is the outcome of the short vignette?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)