|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
(a) He has no nickname.
2. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
(a) Beause no one in the department likes Frank.
(b) Because they think Frank is a murder suspect.
(c) Because Frank is undercover.
(d) They do not know Frank.
3. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The forensic examiner.
(b) The Dalys.
(c) The coroner.
(d) The police chief.
4. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It is too visible.
(b) It is mostly concrete.
(c) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(d) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
5. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Hitchhike around Europe.
(b) Find his runaway brother.
(c) Run away with his girlfriend.
(d) Become a photographer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Squidface?
2. What does Mandy say she suspected?
3. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
4. Who is Jackie?
5. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
2. What does the Technical Bureau find in the basement at number 16?
3. What scene is portrayed in the Prologue?
4. What thoughts go through Frank's mind about Rosie's suitcase?
5. What does the reader learn about Frank in the opening to Chapter 1?
6. Who joins Frank at the pub after Scorcher leaves?
7. What do the Daly's say when Frank asks if they ever heard from Rosie?
8. What does Shay say about his job and his future plans?
9. What does Frank ask about the suitcase when he walks in his house and what does the family say?
10. What do Frank and Scorcher talk about when they go to a local pub?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)