|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
(a) At Frank's home.
(b) In a local pub.
(c) At the scene of the crime.
(d) At the Daly's house.
2. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he would like to go out for a drink.
(b) If he has any children.
(c) If he is planning to stay around.
(d) If he ever married.
3. Where is Rosie's suitcase found?
(a) Behind the fireplace in number 16.
(b) Up the chimney in number 212.
(c) In a subway locker.
(d) In the attic of number 33.
4. What is Shay planning to buy?
(a) A donut shop.
(b) The garage where he's worked for years.
(c) A newspaper kiosk.
(d) The bicycle shop where he's worked for years.
5. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
(a) That she was interested in someone else.
(b) That she may have decided to leave but not with Frank.
(c) That Rosie was killed by some drug dealers.
(d) That she decided Frank came from a family that was too crazy to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kevin say about Shay?
2. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
3. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
4. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
5. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shay say about his job and his future plans?
2. What does Frank say about his family in regard to Rosie leaving him?
3. What does the Technical Bureau find in the basement at number 16?
4. What does the reader learn about Frank in the opening to Chapter 1?
5. What does Frank ask about the suitcase when he walks in his house and what does the family say?
6. Where does Frank convince Kevin to go with him and what do they find?
7. What do the Daly's say when Frank asks if they ever heard from Rosie?
8. Who else arrives on the scene, and why do none of the cops acknowledge Frank?
9. What does Frank think about when asked why he became a cop?
10. What does Carmel ask Frank and what is his answer?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)