|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
(a) He still does not know how to turn on a meter.
(b) When he finished police training.
(c) When he graduated from high school.
(d) When he was very young.
2. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
(a) In the obituaries.
(b) In bars around Dublin.
(c) In wedding sections.
(d) In police files.
3. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The Dalys.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The forensic examiner.
(d) The coroner.
4. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
(a) At Frank's home.
(b) At the Daly's house.
(c) In a local pub.
(d) At the scene of the crime.
5. What does Frank wonder about Rosie?
(a) If she is from around where Frank is waiting.
(b) If she got the plan confused.
(c) If she would like to go out for coffee.
(d) If she would accept his offer of the bus fare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Frank search for information about Rosie?
2. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
3. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
4. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
5. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shay say about his job and his future plans?
2. Who does Frank visit and what does he learn?
3. What did Frank do for years after becoming a cop concerning Rosie?
4. Who else arrives on the scene, and why do none of the cops acknowledge Frank?
5. What does Frank's family speculate about the suitcase, and how does Shay sum up the speculation?
6. What does the reader learn about Frank in the opening to Chapter 1?
7. What do Frank and Scorcher talk about when they go to a local pub?
8. Where does Frank convince Kevin to go with him and what do they find?
9. What does Frank ask about the suitcase when he walks in his house and what does the family say?
10. Why does Frank have to take Holly back to her mom's and what is Olivia's response?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)