|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he is planning to stay around.
(b) If he has any children.
(c) If he ever married.
(d) If he would like to go out for a drink.
2. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(b) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(c) Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) A plane ticket.
3. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A picture of Rosie.
(b) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(c) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
(d) A list of all Rosie's friends.
4. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
(a) In a local pub.
(b) At Frank's home.
(c) At the Daly's house.
(d) At the scene of the crime.
5. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(b) It is mostly concrete.
(c) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(d) It is too visible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
2. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
3. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
4. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
5. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scene is portrayed in the Prologue?
2. Why was Frank's mother going to come down to the pub?
3. Who joins Frank at the pub after Scorcher leaves?
4. What did Frank do for years after becoming a cop concerning Rosie?
5. What do the Daly's say when Frank asks if they ever heard from Rosie?
6. Who does Frank visit and what does he learn?
7. Who has left a frantic message on Frank's phone and what is the message?
8. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
9. What does the Technical Bureau find in the basement at number 16?
10. What is the outcome of the short vignette?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)