|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen say Kennedy's theory is about Rosie's death?
(a) That Frank killed Rosie.
(b) That an assailant unknown to her kills her randomly.
(c) That Kevin kills her in a fit of jealousy.
(d) That Mr. Daly kills her in a fit of rage.
2. Who calls Frank when he gets home?
3. What does Frank request at work?
(a) Reassignment to another city.
(b) Assignment to investigate Kevin's death.
(c) Several month's leave of absence.
(d) A few days off.
4. What does Rosie say her father said the night Rosie plans to run off with Frank?
(a) That Mr. Daly was retiring from the cement plant.
(b) That Frank would never be able to support a family.
(c) That someone was retiring from the Guinness plant.
(d) That Frank had given his word that he would not take Rosie away.
5. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She is a disturbed little girl.
(b) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
(c) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(d) She is a wonderful child.
6. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
(b) A cop Frank does not know.
(d) Mr. Daly.
7. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(b) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
(c) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(d) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
8. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
(a) Trying to overhear any conversations in the house.
(b) Trying to catch Mr. Daly alone to talk to him.
(c) Trying to catch Nora alone to talk to her.
(d) Waiting to break into the house and find some information the police need.
9. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
(a) That Kevin pushed Shay out of the window.
(b) That Kevin knew Shay was going to kill himself.
(c) That Kevin committed suicide.
(d) That Shay pushed Kevin out of the window.
10. Where is the other half of Rosie's note found?
(a) In Kevin's pocket.
(b) It is never found.
(c) Under the basement steps of number 22.
(d) In Shay's room.
11. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
(a) She knows Frank is running out of patience waiting for her to make up her mind.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She knows she would take the job if it were offered.
(d) She is being abused by her father.
12. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
(b) Because of Kevin's death.
(c) Because of Shay's death.
(d) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
13. What does Frank's father say when Frank gets to his father's house?
(a) That Shay's death was inevitable.
(b) That Frank's arrival killed Shay.
(c) That Frank is to never come around again.
(d) That Frank's arrival killed Kevin.
14. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) In anger.
(c) With regret.
(d) With relief.
15. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
(a) His change of perception regarding Rosie.
(b) The possibility of someone he knows having killed Rosie.
(c) His father's increasing irrational behavior.
(d) His brother Kevin's drug addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
2. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
3. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
4. Why is Frank's mother furious?
5. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)