|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
(b) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
(c) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
(d) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
2. How long does it take Frank to decide to go with Rosie?
(a) Almost a year.
(b) A couple days.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) A few minutes.
3. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To confession.
(b) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
(c) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
(d) To Olivia's house.
4. What pain has Frank been dealing with for years?
(a) The pain of his father's alcoholism.
(b) The pain of Rosie leaving without him.
(c) The pain of his younger sister's death.
(d) The pain of seeing his family descend into criminal activity to survive.
5. What does Frank learn about Rosie?
(a) Her skull was cracked.
(b) She has a bullet wound in the head.
(c) She has a knife wound near her heart area.
(d) Her neck is broken.
6. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(b) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
(c) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
(d) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
7. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
8. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
(a) How his brothers were still up to no good.
(b) About how Frank thought that his family was the reason Rosie left him.
(c) How Frank is starting to date again.
(d) How Olivia is exposing Holly to a possible abuser.
9. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
(a) That there are so many fingerprints, there's no way to get a positive id.
(b) That only Rosie's fingerprints are on the note.
(c) That there are no fingerprints on the note.
(d) That only Kevin's fingerprints are on the note.
10. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(c) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
(d) Frank's father.
11. Who do Frank and Holly meet at the park?
12. What does Frank think Rosie's reaction was to hearing her father's description of the Mackey family?
(a) She thought it was terrible for her father to say such a thing.
(b) She thought it was funny but not true.
(c) She did not ever believe it.
(d) She eventually believed it.
13. Where does Imelda leave Rosie's suitcase?
(a) In some bushes outside Rosie's house.
(b) In some bushes outside Imelda's house.
(c) In a locker in the train depot.
(d) Just where it was found years later.
14. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
(b) She is a wonderful child.
(c) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(d) She is a disturbed little girl.
15. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
(b) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
(c) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
(d) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
2. What is rotted in the hole?
3. Who is Stephen Moran?
4. About what does Holly ask Frank?
5. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)