|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
(a) Trying to catch Nora alone to talk to her.
(b) Waiting to break into the house and find some information the police need.
(c) Trying to overhear any conversations in the house.
(d) Trying to catch Mr. Daly alone to talk to him.
2. How does the Daly family impact Frank's father?
(a) The family smears his reputation.
(b) The family objects to his getting a job at the Guinness plant.
(c) The family reports him to the police for underage sex with Theresa.
(d) The family objects to his getting a job at the cement plant.
3. What does Frank find surprising about what Holly says about his family?
(a) Kevin was mean to her.
(b) She loved his father.
(c) She had fun with them.
(d) Shay was mean to her.
4. What does Frank realize they need to do in the current homicide investigation?
(a) Find out who Imelda talked to over the weekend.
(b) Find out who Kevin talked to over the weekend.
(c) Find out who Shay talked to over the weekend.
(d) Find out who Mr. Daly talked to over the weekend.
5. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
(c) A cop Frank does not know.
(d) Mr. Daly.
6. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
(a) About how Frank thought that his family was the reason Rosie left him.
(b) How his brothers were still up to no good.
(c) How Frank is starting to date again.
(d) How Olivia is exposing Holly to a possible abuser.
7. Why does Frank apologize to Holly?
(a) For smacking her.
(b) For yelling at her.
(c) For having to take her home before the end of the weekend.
(d) For not believing her about Dermot.
8. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
(a) All the articles about Rosie's death.
(b) All Shay's baby pictures.
(c) All her silver to be polished.
(d) All Kevin's baby pictures.
9. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(b) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(d) Over a woman.
10. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
(b) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
(c) To Olivia's house.
(d) To confession.
11. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
(a) He is ruling Mr. Daly's death as an accident.
(b) He is ruling Kevin's death as an accident.
(c) He is ruling Shay's death as an accident.
(d) He is getting a court order to keep Frank off the case.
12. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
(a) A childhood friend was dead.
(b) His cousin needed him.
(c) His father was ill.
(d) His brother was arrested and he had to intervene.
13. How does Imelda act towards Frank initially?
(c) Very warm.
14. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
(b) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
(c) For scaring Scorcher.
(d) For lying about Holly.
15. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(b) Because of Kevin's death.
(c) Because of Shay's death.
(d) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
2. What does Frank want to prove to Scorcher?
3. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
4. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. What does Frank think Rosie's reaction was to hearing her father's description of the Mackey family?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)