|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank think his father's thinking is skewed?
(a) By his father's prejudice against Catholics.
(b) By his father's prejudice against Prostestants.
(c) By his dad's anger at himself.
(d) By his father's alcoholism.
2. What does Frank find surprising about what Holly says about his family?
(a) She loved his father.
(b) Shay was mean to her.
(c) She had fun with them.
(d) Kevin was mean to her.
3. Who do Frank and Holly meet at the park?
4. About what does Holly ask Frank?
(a) Frank's new girlfriend.
(b) Go back to the zoo.
(c) Shay's death.
(d) Kevin's death.
5. What does Rosie say her father said the night Rosie plans to run off with Frank?
(a) That Frank had given his word that he would not take Rosie away.
(b) That Frank would never be able to support a family.
(c) That someone was retiring from the Guinness plant.
(d) That Mr. Daly was retiring from the cement plant.
6. What does Frank request at work?
(a) A few days off.
(b) Reassignment to another city.
(c) Several month's leave of absence.
(d) Assignment to investigate Kevin's death.
7. Who is Cooper?
(a) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
(b) The forensics mortician.
(c) Rosie's older brother.
(d) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
8. About what does Frank think his mother would have teased Holly?
(a) Holly's hair color.
(b) Holly's teeth.
(c) Holly's accent and clothing.
(d) Holly's being a picky eater.
9. What does Frank want to prove to Scorcher?
(a) That Shay could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(b) That Mr. Daly could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(c) That Kevin could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(d) That Rosie could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
10. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
(b) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
(c) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
(d) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
11. What pain has Frank been dealing with for years?
(a) The pain of his younger sister's death.
(b) The pain of his father's alcoholism.
(c) The pain of seeing his family descend into criminal activity to survive.
(d) The pain of Rosie leaving without him.
12. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Have breakfast with them.
(b) Talk with her.
(c) Fix Holly's bed.
(d) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
13. What is present in the hole where Rosie was buried?
(a) A knife.
(c) A hammer.
(d) The other half of the note.
14. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
(b) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
(c) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
(d) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
15. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
(a) That Kevin knew Shay was going to kill himself.
(b) That Shay pushed Kevin out of the window.
(c) That Kevin committed suicide.
(d) That Kevin pushed Shay out of the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rotted in the hole?
2. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
3. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
4. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
5. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)