|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(b) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
(c) Pulls him back into the house.
(d) Pushes him.
2. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(d) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
3. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
(b) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(c) She is a wonderful child.
(d) She is a disturbed little girl.
4. What does Frank's father say when Frank gets to his father's house?
(a) That Frank is to never come around again.
(b) That Shay's death was inevitable.
(c) That Frank's arrival killed Kevin.
(d) That Frank's arrival killed Shay.
5. How does the Daly family impact Frank's father?
(a) The family smears his reputation.
(b) The family objects to his getting a job at the Guinness plant.
(c) The family reports him to the police for underage sex with Theresa.
(d) The family objects to his getting a job at the cement plant.
6. What is rotted in the hole?
(a) Some clothing.
(b) A rag with some sort of chemical on it that preserved it.
(c) A bag of chips.
(d) A mask.
7. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With relief.
(b) In anger.
(d) With regret.
8. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(b) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(c) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
(d) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
9. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(b) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
(c) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
(d) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
10. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(c) A cop Frank does not know.
11. How long does it take Frank to decide to go with Rosie?
(a) A couple days.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) Several weeks.
12. What does Frank say Holly was wrong to do?
(a) Telling her mother she will not do her homework.
(b) Hitting another girl at school.
(c) Keep the secret about visiting Frank's family.
(d) Wearing clothes that were too shabby.
13. Where does Imelda leave Rosie's suitcase?
(a) Just where it was found years later.
(b) In some bushes outside Rosie's house.
(c) In some bushes outside Imelda's house.
(d) In a locker in the train depot.
14. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(b) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
(c) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
(d) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
15. About what does Holly ask Frank?
(a) Frank's new girlfriend.
(b) Go back to the zoo.
(c) Shay's death.
(d) Kevin's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank apologize to Holly?
2. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
3. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
4. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
5. Who is Cooper?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)