|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
(a) No one.
(b) His father.
2. What does the caller tell Frank?
(a) Shay is dead.
(b) Kevin is dead.
(c) Mr. Daly tried to kill Kevin.
(d) Mr. Daly tried to kill Shay.
3. Who is Cooper?
(a) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
(b) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
(c) Rosie's older brother.
(d) The forensics mortician.
4. How long does it take Frank to decide to go with Rosie?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) Almost a year.
(d) A couple days.
5. Who calls Frank when he gets home?
6. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
(b) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
(c) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
(d) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
7. What does Rosie say her father said the night Rosie plans to run off with Frank?
(a) That Frank had given his word that he would not take Rosie away.
(b) That Frank would never be able to support a family.
(c) That Mr. Daly was retiring from the cement plant.
(d) That someone was retiring from the Guinness plant.
8. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Go to the zoo.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go to an ice cream parlor.
(d) Go skating.
9. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With relief.
(c) With regret.
(d) In anger.
10. What does Frank find surprising about what Holly says about his family?
(a) Shay was mean to her.
(b) She loved his father.
(c) Kevin was mean to her.
(d) She had fun with them.
11. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(b) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
(d) Frank's father.
12. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Going to the beach.
(b) Taking a short vacation to France.
(c) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
(d) Spending the whole day with Holly.
13. What does Frank ask Imelda about Rosie?
(a) If Rosie seemed scared about running away.
(b) If Imelda helped Rosie prepare to run away.
(c) If Rosie had any other boyfriends other than Frank.
(d) If Imelda accompanied Rosie the night Rosie died.
14. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
(b) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
(c) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
(d) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
15. Where does Imelda leave Rosie's suitcase?
(a) In a locker in the train depot.
(b) Just where it was found years later.
(c) In some bushes outside Rosie's house.
(d) In some bushes outside Imelda's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank learn about Rosie?
2. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
3. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
4. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
5. About what does Holly ask Frank?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)