|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
(c) No one.
(d) His father.
2. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) In anger.
(c) With relief.
(d) With regret.
3. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
(b) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(c) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
(d) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
4. What does Stephen say Kennedy's theory is about Rosie's death?
(a) That Kevin kills her in a fit of jealousy.
(b) That Frank killed Rosie.
(c) That Mr. Daly kills her in a fit of rage.
(d) That an assailant unknown to her kills her randomly.
5. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
(a) Because Rosie has been gone so long he does not understand why Nora would still be emotional about it.
(b) Because Nora didn't even cry when their child was killed.
(c) Because Nora had accepted Rosie's disappearance years ago.
(d) Because he has never seen Nora crying.
6. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(b) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(c) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
(d) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
7. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Taking a short vacation to France.
(b) Spending the whole day with Holly.
(c) Going to the beach.
(d) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
8. Who is Cooper?
(a) Rosie's older brother.
(b) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
(c) The forensics mortician.
(d) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
9. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(a) Pulls him back into the house.
(b) Pushes him.
(c) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
10. Who do Frank and Holly meet at the park?
11. How does the Daly family impact Frank's father?
(a) The family reports him to the police for underage sex with Theresa.
(b) The family smears his reputation.
(c) The family objects to his getting a job at the Guinness plant.
(d) The family objects to his getting a job at the cement plant.
12. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
(b) For lying about Holly.
(c) For scaring Scorcher.
(d) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
13. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
(b) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
(c) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
(d) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
14. Who calls Frank when he gets home?
15. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
(a) His father's increasing irrational behavior.
(b) His brother Kevin's drug addiction.
(c) The possibility of someone he knows having killed Rosie.
(d) His change of perception regarding Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
2. About whom does Olivia ask Frank?
3. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
4. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
5. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)