|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank realize they need to do in the current homicide investigation?
(a) Find out who Mr. Daly talked to over the weekend.
(b) Find out who Shay talked to over the weekend.
(c) Find out who Kevin talked to over the weekend.
(d) Find out who Imelda talked to over the weekend.
2. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She is a wonderful child.
(b) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(c) She is a disturbed little girl.
(d) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
3. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(a) Pushes him.
(b) Pulls him back into the house.
(c) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
4. About what does Frank think his mother would have teased Holly?
(a) Holly's being a picky eater.
(b) Holly's hair color.
(c) Holly's accent and clothing.
(d) Holly's teeth.
5. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
(b) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
(c) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
(d) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
6. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(d) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
7. What does Frank ask Imelda about Rosie?
(a) If Imelda helped Rosie prepare to run away.
(b) If Rosie seemed scared about running away.
(c) If Imelda accompanied Rosie the night Rosie died.
(d) If Rosie had any other boyfriends other than Frank.
8. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because of Shay's death.
(b) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(c) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
(d) Because of Kevin's death.
9. What does Frank learn about Rosie's assailant?
(a) The assailant probably killed her from behind.
(b) The assailant probably is almost a foot taller than Rosie.
(c) The assailant probably tried to strangle her and when unsuccessful, he stabbed her.
(d) The assailant probably had his hands around Rosie's neck.
10. Who calls and texts Frank several times during his time with Holly?
11. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
(a) Hiding information.
(b) Lying to her.
(c) Not criticizing Olivia.
(d) Keeping his temper.
12. What does the caller tell Frank?
(a) Mr. Daly tried to kill Shay.
(b) Mr. Daly tried to kill Kevin.
(c) Shay is dead.
(d) Kevin is dead.
13. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
(b) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
(c) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
(d) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
14. About whom does Olivia ask Frank?
15. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
(a) Kevin compared to Mr. Daly.
(b) Shay compared to Rosie.
(c) Kevin compared to Rosie.
(d) Shay compared to Mr. Daly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
2. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
3. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
4. What does Frank think Rosie's reaction was to hearing her father's description of the Mackey family?
5. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)