|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
(a) How his brothers were still up to no good.
(b) How Olivia is exposing Holly to a possible abuser.
(c) About how Frank thought that his family was the reason Rosie left him.
(d) How Frank is starting to date again.
2. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(d) No one.
3. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For scaring Scorcher.
(b) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
(c) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
(d) For lying about Holly.
4. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
(c) No one.
(d) His father.
5. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Fix Holly's bed.
(b) Have breakfast with them.
(c) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
(d) Talk with her.
6. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
(a) All her silver to be polished.
(b) All Kevin's baby pictures.
(c) All Shay's baby pictures.
(d) All the articles about Rosie's death.
7. Who is Stephen Moran?
(a) An officer assigned to trail Frank since he is a murder suspect.
(b) An officer assigned to Scorcher.
(c) An officer assigned to fill in for Frank.
(d) A man who witnessed Shay's fall out of the window.
8. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(a) Frank's father.
(b) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
(c) Mr. Daly.
9. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(b) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
(c) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
(d) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
10. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
(b) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
(c) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
(d) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
11. How does Imelda act towards Frank initially?
(c) Very warm.
12. What does Frank find surprising about what Holly says about his family?
(a) She had fun with them.
(b) Shay was mean to her.
(c) She loved his father.
(d) Kevin was mean to her.
13. About what does Frank think his mother would have teased Holly?
(a) Holly's being a picky eater.
(b) Holly's teeth.
(c) Holly's hair color.
(d) Holly's accent and clothing.
14. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
(a) His father's increasing irrational behavior.
(b) The possibility of someone he knows having killed Rosie.
(c) His brother Kevin's drug addiction.
(d) His change of perception regarding Rosie.
15. What does Frank's father say when Frank gets to his father's house?
(a) That Shay's death was inevitable.
(b) That Frank's arrival killed Kevin.
(c) That Frank's arrival killed Shay.
(d) That Frank is to never come around again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rotted in the hole?
2. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
3. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
4. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
5. What does Frank ask Imelda about Rosie?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)