|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(b) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(d) Over a woman.
2. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With regret.
(b) With relief.
(c) In anger.
3. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(b) Pulls him back into the house.
(c) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
(d) Pushes him.
4. What does Frank learn about Rosie's assailant?
(a) The assailant probably had his hands around Rosie's neck.
(b) The assailant probably is almost a foot taller than Rosie.
(c) The assailant probably tried to strangle her and when unsuccessful, he stabbed her.
(d) The assailant probably killed her from behind.
5. Who calls and texts Frank several times during his time with Holly?
6. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
(b) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(c) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
(d) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
7. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
(a) If Rosie had asked Imelda to walk her to the house.
(b) If Imelda had seen Rosie the night she was murdered.
(c) If Imelda told anyone else that Rosie was leaving.
(d) If Imelda tried to dissuade Rosie from leaving.
8. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
(b) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(c) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
(d) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
9. What does Frank's father say when Frank gets to his father's house?
(a) That Frank's arrival killed Shay.
(b) That Frank's arrival killed Kevin.
(c) That Shay's death was inevitable.
(d) That Frank is to never come around again.
10. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
(a) His cousin needed him.
(b) A childhood friend was dead.
(c) His brother was arrested and he had to intervene.
(d) His father was ill.
11. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
12. What does the caller tell Frank?
(a) Mr. Daly tried to kill Shay.
(b) Kevin is dead.
(c) Shay is dead.
(d) Mr. Daly tried to kill Kevin.
13. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
(a) His change of perception regarding Rosie.
(b) The possibility of someone he knows having killed Rosie.
(c) His brother Kevin's drug addiction.
(d) His father's increasing irrational behavior.
14. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
(b) Fix Holly's bed.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Have breakfast with them.
15. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(b) Because of Kevin's death.
(c) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
(d) Because of Shay's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
2. About what does Frank think his mother would have teased Holly?
3. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
4. What does Frank want to prove to Scorcher?
5. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)