|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
(a) Shay compared to Rosie.
(b) Kevin compared to Mr. Daly.
(c) Shay compared to Mr. Daly.
(d) Kevin compared to Rosie.
2. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
(a) No one but his wife.
(c) Theresa Daly.
(d) Imelda's mother.
3. What does Stephen say Kennedy's theory is about Rosie's death?
(a) That Kevin kills her in a fit of jealousy.
(b) That an assailant unknown to her kills her randomly.
(c) That Frank killed Rosie.
(d) That Mr. Daly kills her in a fit of rage.
4. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To confession.
(b) To Olivia's house.
(c) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
(d) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
5. Who texts Frank about meeting with him?
6. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
(b) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
(c) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
(d) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
7. Who is Cooper?
(a) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
(b) The forensics mortician.
(c) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
(d) Rosie's older brother.
8. How does the Daly family impact Frank's father?
(a) The family objects to his getting a job at the cement plant.
(b) The family objects to his getting a job at the Guinness plant.
(c) The family smears his reputation.
(d) The family reports him to the police for underage sex with Theresa.
9. About what does Frank think his mother would have teased Holly?
(a) Holly's accent and clothing.
(b) Holly's being a picky eater.
(c) Holly's hair color.
(d) Holly's teeth.
10. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
11. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
(b) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
(c) For scaring Scorcher.
(d) For lying about Holly.
12. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
(a) He is ruling Kevin's death as an accident.
(b) He is getting a court order to keep Frank off the case.
(c) He is ruling Mr. Daly's death as an accident.
(d) He is ruling Shay's death as an accident.
13. Why does Frank apologize to Holly?
(a) For having to take her home before the end of the weekend.
(b) For smacking her.
(c) For not believing her about Dermot.
(d) For yelling at her.
14. How long does it take Frank to decide to go with Rosie?
(a) A few minutes.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Several weeks.
(d) A couple days.
15. What does Frank say about Imelda when he meets her?
(a) She has softened considerably.
(b) She does not look any older than when they were in high school.
(c) She has not aged well.
(d) She is still as obnoxious as ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
2. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
3. About what does Holly ask Frank?
4. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
5. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)