|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the caller tell Frank?
(a) Mr. Daly tried to kill Kevin.
(b) Shay is dead.
(c) Mr. Daly tried to kill Shay.
(d) Kevin is dead.
2. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
(a) He is ruling Mr. Daly's death as an accident.
(b) He is ruling Shay's death as an accident.
(c) He is ruling Kevin's death as an accident.
(d) He is getting a court order to keep Frank off the case.
3. What does Frank convince Stephen to do?
(a) Nothing; Frank is unsuccessful in convincing Stephen.
(b) Give Frank details of the case of Kevin's death.
(c) Give Frank details of the case of Shay's death.
(d) Give Frank details of the case of Mr. Daly's death.
4. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Talk with her.
(b) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
(c) Fix Holly's bed.
(d) Have breakfast with them.
5. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
6. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
(b) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
(c) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
(d) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
7. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(b) She is a disturbed little girl.
(c) She is a wonderful child.
(d) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
8. What does Frank's father say when Frank gets to his father's house?
(a) That Frank's arrival killed Kevin.
(b) That Frank is to never come around again.
(c) That Frank's arrival killed Shay.
(d) That Shay's death was inevitable.
9. With whom does Frank's father fight at the wake?
(c) Frank's mother.
(d) Mr. Daly.
10. What pain has Frank been dealing with for years?
(a) The pain of his father's alcoholism.
(b) The pain of seeing his family descend into criminal activity to survive.
(c) The pain of his younger sister's death.
(d) The pain of Rosie leaving without him.
11. What does Frank realize they need to do in the current homicide investigation?
(a) Find out who Kevin talked to over the weekend.
(b) Find out who Shay talked to over the weekend.
(c) Find out who Imelda talked to over the weekend.
(d) Find out who Mr. Daly talked to over the weekend.
12. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(b) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
(c) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
(d) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
13. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
(b) To confession.
(c) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
(d) To Olivia's house.
14. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
(a) Because he has never seen Nora crying.
(b) Because Nora had accepted Rosie's disappearance years ago.
(c) Because Nora didn't even cry when their child was killed.
(d) Because Rosie has been gone so long he does not understand why Nora would still be emotional about it.
15. How does the Daly family impact Frank's father?
(a) The family smears his reputation.
(b) The family reports him to the police for underage sex with Theresa.
(c) The family objects to his getting a job at the Guinness plant.
(d) The family objects to his getting a job at the cement plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Imelda leave Rosie's suitcase?
2. What does Frank think Rosie's reaction was to hearing her father's description of the Mackey family?
3. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
4. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
5. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)