|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
(a) Imelda's mother.
(b) Theresa Daly.
(c) No one but his wife.
2. Why does Frank apologize to Holly?
(a) For yelling at her.
(b) For not believing her about Dermot.
(c) For having to take her home before the end of the weekend.
(d) For smacking her.
3. What does Frank say he will do for Stephen?
(a) Take over his position so Stephen can go on vacation.
(b) Help Stephen make a step toward permanency in the undercover unit.
(c) Put in a good word to Scorcher for the man.
(d) Take over his position so Stephen can get married.
4. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
(b) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
(c) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
(d) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
5. What pain has Frank been dealing with for years?
(a) The pain of his father's alcoholism.
(b) The pain of seeing his family descend into criminal activity to survive.
(c) The pain of his younger sister's death.
(d) The pain of Rosie leaving without him.
6. Who do Frank and Holly meet at the park?
7. What is present in the hole where Rosie was buried?
(a) A knife.
(c) The other half of the note.
(d) A hammer.
8. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Spending the whole day with Holly.
(b) Taking a short vacation to France.
(c) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
(d) Going to the beach.
9. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Fix Holly's bed.
(b) Have breakfast with them.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
10. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(b) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
(c) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
(d) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
11. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With relief.
(b) In anger.
(d) With regret.
12. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To Olivia's house.
(b) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
(c) To confession.
(d) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
13. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(b) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
(c) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(d) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
14. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Go skating.
(b) Go to the zoo.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Go to an ice cream parlor.
15. What does Frank find surprising about what Holly says about his family?
(a) Shay was mean to her.
(b) She had fun with them.
(c) Kevin was mean to her.
(d) She loved his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
2. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
3. To what does the conversation turn at the park?
4. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
5. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)