|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Frank's father fight at the wake?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(c) Frank's mother.
2. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She knows Frank is running out of patience waiting for her to make up her mind.
(c) She knows she would take the job if it were offered.
(d) She is being abused by her father.
3. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
(a) All Kevin's baby pictures.
(b) All her silver to be polished.
(c) All the articles about Rosie's death.
(d) All Shay's baby pictures.
4. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because of Shay's death.
(b) Because of Kevin's death.
(c) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(d) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
5. What does Frank learn about Rosie's assailant?
(a) The assailant probably had his hands around Rosie's neck.
(b) The assailant probably is almost a foot taller than Rosie.
(c) The assailant probably killed her from behind.
(d) The assailant probably tried to strangle her and when unsuccessful, he stabbed her.
6. What does the caller tell Frank?
(a) Mr. Daly tried to kill Kevin.
(b) Kevin is dead.
(c) Mr. Daly tried to kill Shay.
(d) Shay is dead.
7. What is present in the hole where Rosie was buried?
(a) The other half of the note.
(c) A knife.
(d) A hammer.
8. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
(a) His father was ill.
(b) His cousin needed him.
(c) A childhood friend was dead.
(d) His brother was arrested and he had to intervene.
9. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
(b) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
(c) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(d) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
10. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(b) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
(c) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
(d) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
11. What does Frank say Holly was wrong to do?
(a) Keep the secret about visiting Frank's family.
(b) Telling her mother she will not do her homework.
(c) Wearing clothes that were too shabby.
(d) Hitting another girl at school.
12. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
(b) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
(c) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
(d) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
13. What is rotted in the hole?
(a) A rag with some sort of chemical on it that preserved it.
(b) A bag of chips.
(c) A mask.
(d) Some clothing.
14. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With regret.
(b) In anger.
(c) With relief.
15. What does Frank request at work?
(a) Several month's leave of absence.
(b) A few days off.
(c) Assignment to investigate Kevin's death.
(d) Reassignment to another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the other half of Rosie's note found?
2. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
3. How long does it take Frank to decide to go with Rosie?
4. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
5. What does Frank ask Imelda about Rosie?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)