|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
(a) That there are no fingerprints on the note.
(b) That only Kevin's fingerprints are on the note.
(c) That only Rosie's fingerprints are on the note.
(d) That there are so many fingerprints, there's no way to get a positive id.
2. What does Frank request at work?
(a) A few days off.
(b) Several month's leave of absence.
(c) Assignment to investigate Kevin's death.
(d) Reassignment to another city.
3. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
(b) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
(c) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(d) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
4. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
(b) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
(c) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
(d) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
5. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
6. What does Frank learn about Rosie's assailant?
(a) The assailant probably tried to strangle her and when unsuccessful, he stabbed her.
(b) The assailant probably had his hands around Rosie's neck.
(c) The assailant probably killed her from behind.
(d) The assailant probably is almost a foot taller than Rosie.
7. What does Frank say he will do for Stephen?
(a) Put in a good word to Scorcher for the man.
(b) Help Stephen make a step toward permanency in the undercover unit.
(c) Take over his position so Stephen can go on vacation.
(d) Take over his position so Stephen can get married.
8. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
(a) All her silver to be polished.
(b) All Kevin's baby pictures.
(c) All the articles about Rosie's death.
(d) All Shay's baby pictures.
9. Who is Stephen Moran?
(a) An officer assigned to Scorcher.
(b) An officer assigned to fill in for Frank.
(c) A man who witnessed Shay's fall out of the window.
(d) An officer assigned to trail Frank since he is a murder suspect.
10. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
(a) That Theresa hated Frank's dad.
(b) That Theresa wanted to marry Frank's dad, but settled for Mr. Daly.
(c) That Theresa and Frank had an affair for years.
(d) That the two were stranded over night when they were both single.
11. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(b) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
(c) Pushes him.
(d) Pulls him back into the house.
12. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(b) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
(c) Mr. Daly.
(d) Frank's father.
13. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
(a) Because Rosie has been gone so long he does not understand why Nora would still be emotional about it.
(b) Because Nora had accepted Rosie's disappearance years ago.
(c) Because Nora didn't even cry when their child was killed.
(d) Because he has never seen Nora crying.
14. With whom does Frank's father fight at the wake?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(c) Frank's mother.
15. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(b) Over a woman.
(c) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(d) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
2. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
3. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
4. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
5. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)