|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
2. What pain has Frank been dealing with for years?
(a) The pain of his younger sister's death.
(b) The pain of his father's alcoholism.
(c) The pain of Rosie leaving without him.
(d) The pain of seeing his family descend into criminal activity to survive.
3. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
(b) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
(c) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
(d) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
4. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
(a) Hiding information.
(b) Not criticizing Olivia.
(c) Keeping his temper.
(d) Lying to her.
5. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
(b) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
(c) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
(d) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
6. How does Imelda act towards Frank initially?
(b) Very warm.
7. Where does Imelda leave Rosie's suitcase?
(a) In a locker in the train depot.
(b) Just where it was found years later.
(c) In some bushes outside Rosie's house.
(d) In some bushes outside Imelda's house.
8. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For scaring Scorcher.
(b) For lying about Holly.
(c) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
(d) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
9. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
(a) Shay compared to Mr. Daly.
(b) Kevin compared to Rosie.
(c) Shay compared to Rosie.
(d) Kevin compared to Mr. Daly.
10. Who calls Frank when he gets home?
11. What does the caller tell Frank?
(a) Kevin is dead.
(b) Mr. Daly tried to kill Kevin.
(c) Shay is dead.
(d) Mr. Daly tried to kill Shay.
12. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(d) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
13. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(a) Frank's father.
(b) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
(c) Mr. Daly.
14. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
(b) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(c) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
(d) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
15. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
(a) Imelda's mother.
(b) Theresa Daly.
(d) No one but his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank realize they need to do in the current homicide investigation?
2. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
3. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
4. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
5. What does Stephen say Kennedy's theory is about Rosie's death?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)