|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With regret.
(b) In anger.
(c) With relief.
2. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Daly.
3. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
(b) She is a wonderful child.
(c) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(d) She is a disturbed little girl.
4. Who do Frank and Holly meet at the park?
5. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
(a) That Kevin knew Shay was going to kill himself.
(b) That Shay pushed Kevin out of the window.
(c) That Kevin pushed Shay out of the window.
(d) That Kevin committed suicide.
6. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(d) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
7. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
(a) Hiding information.
(b) Keeping his temper.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Not criticizing Olivia.
8. What does Frank think Rosie's reaction was to hearing her father's description of the Mackey family?
(a) She eventually believed it.
(b) She thought it was funny but not true.
(c) She did not ever believe it.
(d) She thought it was terrible for her father to say such a thing.
9. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
(a) His father was ill.
(b) His brother was arrested and he had to intervene.
(c) A childhood friend was dead.
(d) His cousin needed him.
10. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Going to the beach.
(b) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
(c) Spending the whole day with Holly.
(d) Taking a short vacation to France.
11. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
(b) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(c) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(d) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
12. What does Frank want to prove to Scorcher?
(a) That Mr. Daly could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(b) That Kevin could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(c) That Shay could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(d) That Rosie could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
13. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Have breakfast with them.
(b) Talk with her.
(c) Fix Holly's bed.
(d) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
14. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(b) A cop Frank does not know.
15. Who is Stephen Moran?
(a) A man who witnessed Shay's fall out of the window.
(b) An officer assigned to trail Frank since he is a murder suspect.
(c) An officer assigned to fill in for Frank.
(d) An officer assigned to Scorcher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
2. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
3. How does Frank think his father's thinking is skewed?
4. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
5. About whom does Olivia ask Frank?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)