|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Stephen about something Frank asks him?
(a) That Frank seems indifferent about Kevin's death.
(b) That Frank wants Stephen's opinion.
(c) That Frank seems indifferent about Shay's death.
(d) That Frank is still sorrowful about Rosie.
2. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(b) A cop Frank does not know.
3. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
4. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Have breakfast with them.
(b) Fix Holly's bed.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
5. What does Frank say about Imelda when he meets her?
(a) She is still as obnoxious as ever.
(b) She does not look any older than when they were in high school.
(c) She has softened considerably.
(d) She has not aged well.
6. What does Stephen say Kennedy's theory is about Rosie's death?
(a) That Frank killed Rosie.
(b) That Mr. Daly kills her in a fit of rage.
(c) That an assailant unknown to her kills her randomly.
(d) That Kevin kills her in a fit of jealousy.
7. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
(a) That Stephen is not able to make intuitive leaps.
(b) That Stephen is using good logic and thought processes.
(c) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Shay's death.
(d) That Stephen is way off base as far as the cause of Rosie's death.
8. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(b) Pulls him back into the house.
(c) Pushes him.
(d) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
9. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
(a) Keeping his temper.
(b) Hiding information.
(c) Lying to her.
(d) Not criticizing Olivia.
10. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
(a) He thought she'd be happy to have a job.
(b) Mr. Daly did not think Rosie would be happy.
(c) He thought she'd be happy he could finally retire.
(d) He thought she'd be glad that Frank was willing to wait until he could support her.
11. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
(b) Imelda's mother.
(c) No one but his wife.
(d) Theresa Daly.
12. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
(a) She knows she would take the job if it were offered.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She knows Frank is running out of patience waiting for her to make up her mind.
(d) She is being abused by her father.
13. What does Frank say he will do for Stephen?
(a) Take over his position so Stephen can get married.
(b) Help Stephen make a step toward permanency in the undercover unit.
(c) Take over his position so Stephen can go on vacation.
(d) Put in a good word to Scorcher for the man.
14. About what does Frank think his mother would have teased Holly?
(a) Holly's hair color.
(b) Holly's teeth.
(c) Holly's being a picky eater.
(d) Holly's accent and clothing.
15. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Going to the beach.
(b) Taking a short vacation to France.
(c) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
(d) Spending the whole day with Holly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
2. What does Frank say Holly was wrong to do?
3. How does Frank think his father's thinking is skewed?
4. Who texts Frank about meeting with him?
5. What question does Frank ask that infuriates Imelda?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)