|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
(b) To Olivia's house.
(c) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
(d) To confession.
2. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because of Shay's death.
(b) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(c) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
(d) Because of Kevin's death.
3. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(d) No one.
4. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
(b) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
(c) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
(d) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
5. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
(a) She is being abused by her father.
(b) She knows Frank is running out of patience waiting for her to make up her mind.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She knows she would take the job if it were offered.
6. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Go to an ice cream parlor.
(b) Go skating.
(c) Go to the zoo.
(d) Go to the movies.
7. What does Frank do about the calls and text messages he receives?
(a) Answers them but says he is busy.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Text back once and says to stop bothering him.
(d) Talks at length several times on the phone.
8. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
(a) That only Kevin's fingerprints are on the note.
(b) That there are so many fingerprints, there's no way to get a positive id.
(c) That there are no fingerprints on the note.
(d) That only Rosie's fingerprints are on the note.
9. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
10. Who is Cooper?
(a) Rosie's older brother.
(b) The forensics mortician.
(c) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
(d) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
11. Who calls and texts Frank several times during his time with Holly?
12. What does Frank say Holly was wrong to do?
(a) Wearing clothes that were too shabby.
(b) Keep the secret about visiting Frank's family.
(c) Hitting another girl at school.
(d) Telling her mother she will not do her homework.
13. About what does Holly ask Frank?
(a) Shay's death.
(b) Kevin's death.
(c) Go back to the zoo.
(d) Frank's new girlfriend.
14. What does Frank do when Scorcher is leaning out of the window?
(a) Pushes him.
(b) Pulls him back into the house.
(c) Tells him to notice the scratch marks on the sill.
15. What does Olivia suggest Frank do before Holly leaves for school?
(a) Make Holly change her clothes into something more presentable.
(b) Talk with her.
(c) Fix Holly's bed.
(d) Have breakfast with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Frank to decide to go with Rosie?
2. What pain has Frank been dealing with for years?
3. What does Frank request at work?
4. Who do Frank and Holly meet at the park?
5. Why did Mr. Daly think Rosie would be happy with what he told her?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)