|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank do about the calls and text messages he receives?
(a) Talks at length several times on the phone.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Text back once and says to stop bothering him.
(d) Answers them but says he is busy.
2. Who in his family does Frank talk to before leaving?
(a) No one.
(c) His father.
3. About what does Holly ask Frank?
(a) Kevin's death.
(b) Shay's death.
(c) Frank's new girlfriend.
(d) Go back to the zoo.
4. Where is the other half of Rosie's note found?
(a) In Shay's room.
(b) Under the basement steps of number 22.
(c) In Kevin's pocket.
(d) It is never found.
5. What does Frank convince Stephen to do?
(a) Give Frank details of the case of Mr. Daly's death.
(b) Give Frank details of the case of Shay's death.
(c) Nothing; Frank is unsuccessful in convincing Stephen.
(d) Give Frank details of the case of Kevin's death.
6. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
(a) Because he has never seen Nora crying.
(b) Because Rosie has been gone so long he does not understand why Nora would still be emotional about it.
(c) Because Nora didn't even cry when their child was killed.
(d) Because Nora had accepted Rosie's disappearance years ago.
7. What do Frank and Holly do at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go skating.
(c) Go to an ice cream parlor.
(d) Go to the zoo.
8. What does Frank learn about Rosie?
(a) Her skull was cracked.
(b) She has a bullet wound in the head.
(c) She has a knife wound near her heart area.
(d) Her neck is broken.
9. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
(a) Trying to catch Nora alone to talk to her.
(b) Trying to catch Mr. Daly alone to talk to him.
(c) Waiting to break into the house and find some information the police need.
(d) Trying to overhear any conversations in the house.
10. What does Frank's mother say about Holly?
(a) She is a wonderful child.
(b) She needs a fulltime mother and father.
(c) She is a disturbed little girl.
(d) She's the first grandchild with the Mackey name.
11. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
(a) Theresa Daly.
(b) No one but his wife.
(d) Imelda's mother.
12. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
(a) All Kevin's baby pictures.
(b) All the articles about Rosie's death.
(c) All her silver to be polished.
(d) All Shay's baby pictures.
13. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(a) Frank's father.
(c) Mr. Daly.
(d) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
14. What does Frank want to prove to Scorcher?
(a) That Rosie could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(b) That Shay could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(c) That Kevin could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(d) That Mr. Daly could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
15. Which two people's deaths do Frank and Stephen compare?
(a) Shay compared to Mr. Daly.
(b) Kevin compared to Rosie.
(c) Kevin compared to Mr. Daly.
(d) Shay compared to Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank have trouble doing concerning his talking to Holly?
2. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
3. What does Frank think Rosie's reaction was to hearing her father's description of the Mackey family?
4. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
5. What does Frank's mother say about Theresa Daly and Frank's dad?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)