|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does Frank give Holly for his behavior?
(a) His father was ill.
(b) His cousin needed him.
(c) A childhood friend was dead.
(d) His brother was arrested and he had to intervene.
2. Who is Cooper?
(a) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
(b) The forensics mortician.
(c) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
(d) Rosie's older brother.
3. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is being abused by her father.
(c) She knows she would take the job if it were offered.
(d) She knows Frank is running out of patience waiting for her to make up her mind.
4. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
(a) His brother Kevin's drug addiction.
(b) His change of perception regarding Rosie.
(c) His father's increasing irrational behavior.
(d) The possibility of someone he knows having killed Rosie.
5. With whom does Frank's father fight at the wake?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(c) Frank's mother.
6. What does Kennedy tell Frank when Kennedy arrives at Imelda's place?
(a) He is ruling Kevin's death as an accident.
(b) He is ruling Mr. Daly's death as an accident.
(c) He is getting a court order to keep Frank off the case.
(d) He is ruling Shay's death as an accident.
7. What does Frank realize they need to do in the current homicide investigation?
(a) Find out who Imelda talked to over the weekend.
(b) Find out who Mr. Daly talked to over the weekend.
(c) Find out who Shay talked to over the weekend.
(d) Find out who Kevin talked to over the weekend.
8. Why is Frank standing by the back door of the Daly house?
(a) Trying to overhear any conversations in the house.
(b) Trying to catch Mr. Daly alone to talk to him.
(c) Trying to catch Nora alone to talk to her.
(d) Waiting to break into the house and find some information the police need.
9. Why doesn't Nora's husband understand why Nora cannot stop crying?
(a) Because Nora didn't even cry when their child was killed.
(b) Because Nora had accepted Rosie's disappearance years ago.
(c) Because Rosie has been gone so long he does not understand why Nora would still be emotional about it.
(d) Because he has never seen Nora crying.
10. Why does Holly start crying when Frank goes over to Olivia's house?
(a) Because of Kevin's death.
(b) Because Frank is moving from Dublin.
(c) Because Frank is not taking Holly anywhere that weekend.
(d) Because of Shay's death.
11. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For lying about Holly.
(b) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
(c) For scaring Scorcher.
(d) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
12. What does Frank want to prove to Scorcher?
(a) That Shay could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(b) That Mr. Daly could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(c) That Kevin could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
(d) That Rosie could have been pushed out of the window without leaving signs of a struggle.
13. What do the police immediately decide about Kevin?
(a) That Shay pushed Kevin out of the window.
(b) That Kevin knew Shay was going to kill himself.
(c) That Kevin pushed Shay out of the window.
(d) That Kevin committed suicide.
14. What does Frank say Holly was wrong to do?
(a) Wearing clothes that were too shabby.
(b) Hitting another girl at school.
(c) Telling her mother she will not do her homework.
(d) Keep the secret about visiting Frank's family.
15. Where does Frank go in Chapter 9?
(a) To London to pick up some special forensic equipment.
(b) To Olivia's house.
(c) To meet with Rosie's best friends.
(d) To confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
2. With whom did Frank's father sometimes sleep?
3. Who is at the building where Rosie was found when Frank goes over there?
4. What is Frank's reaction to Stephen's ideas about the case Stephen is investigating?
5. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)