|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nora's theory about why Mr. Daly and Mr. Mackey have so much animosity between them?
(a) Because Mr. Daly once called the police on Shay.
(b) Because Mr. Mackey cheated Mr. Daly out of a job.
(c) Because Mr. Daly cheated Mr. Mackey out of a job.
(d) Over a woman.
2. What does Frank do about the calls and text messages he receives?
(a) Ignores them.
(b) Text back once and says to stop bothering him.
(c) Answers them but says he is busy.
(d) Talks at length several times on the phone.
3. Why is Scorcher furious with Frank?
(a) For scaring Scorcher.
(b) For lying about Holly.
(c) For sticking his nose in the homicide investigation.
(d) For not telling Scorcher the entire story about Rosie.
4. Where does Imelda leave Rosie's suitcase?
(a) In some bushes outside Rosie's house.
(b) Just where it was found years later.
(c) In some bushes outside Imelda's house.
(d) In a locker in the train depot.
5. Who falls out of the building where Rosie's body is found?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(c) No one.
6. How does Frank propose making up for the lost time from the weekend?
(a) Going to the beach.
(b) Going to the museums in London when he goes to get the forensic equipment.
(c) Spending the whole day with Holly.
(d) Taking a short vacation to France.
7. What does Frank learn about Rosie's assailant?
(a) The assailant probably killed her from behind.
(b) The assailant probably had his hands around Rosie's neck.
(c) The assailant probably is almost a foot taller than Rosie.
(d) The assailant probably tried to strangle her and when unsuccessful, he stabbed her.
8. Why is Frank's mother furious?
(a) Because Scorcher has already closed the investigation into Mr. Daly's death.
(b) Because Scorcher thinks Shay's death is an accident.
(c) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is a homocide.
(d) Because Scorcher is saying Kevin's death is an accident.
9. Who is Cooper?
(a) Rosie's older brother.
(b) A boyhood friend of Frank's.
(c) Frank's first cousin and best friend.
(d) The forensics mortician.
10. What does Frank try to deal with as he naps in his car?
(a) The possibility of someone he knows having killed Rosie.
(b) His brother Kevin's drug addiction.
(c) His father's increasing irrational behavior.
(d) His change of perception regarding Rosie.
11. Who does Frank, at this point, think is Rosie's murderer?
(b) Mr. Daly.
(c) A janitor in the building next to number 22.
(d) Frank's father.
12. What animal does Mr. Daly associate with the Mackey family?
13. Why does Frank apologize to Holly?
(a) For yelling at her.
(b) For smacking her.
(c) For not believing her about Dermot.
(d) For having to take her home before the end of the weekend.
14. How does Frank think his father's thinking is skewed?
(a) By his dad's anger at himself.
(b) By his father's prejudice against Prostestants.
(c) By his father's prejudice against Catholics.
(d) By his father's alcoholism.
15. What does Frank find surprising about what Holly says about his family?
(a) She had fun with them.
(b) Kevin was mean to her.
(c) She loved his father.
(d) Shay was mean to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephen say about whose fingerprints are on the note in Kevin's pocket.
2. What does Frank's mother have spread out on the table?
3. Who calls and texts Frank several times during his time with Holly?
4. Why does Rosie want to leave so suddenly?
5. About whom does Olivia ask Frank?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)