|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mandy say she suspected?
(a) That Rosie was murdered.
(b) That Rosie is somewhere in Europe.
(c) That Rosie was running away.
(d) That Rosie ran away with a British soldier.
2. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
(a) Make her husband go and talk to Frank.
(b) Go and offer condolences to the Daly's.
(c) Join him at the pub to console him.
(d) Appeal to the police not to consider Frank as a suspect.
3. Who is Olivia?
(a) Another police detective.
(b) Frank's ex-wife.
(c) An undercover police rookie.
(d) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
4. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
(a) In the obituaries.
(b) In bars around Dublin.
(c) In police files.
(d) In wedding sections.
5. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(a) A body.
(b) A few rats.
(d) A note.
6. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
(a) At the Daly's house.
(b) In a local pub.
(c) At Frank's home.
(d) At the scene of the crime.
7. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
(d) He has no nickname.
8. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
9. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
(a) Routes Rosie might have taken to the abandoned house.
(b) That there were no dogs to bark and give Rose away to her parents.
(c) That maybe Rosie was killed by wild dogs that had been terrorizing the area.
(d) That Kevin heard the neighborhood's basset hound howling that night.
10. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) Rosie's birth certificate.
(b) A plane ticket.
(c) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(d) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
11. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
(b) Married with two children.
(c) Living with a boyfriend.
(d) A nun.
12. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The police chief.
(b) The coroner.
(c) The Dalys.
(d) The forensic examiner.
13. What does Kevin say about Shay?
(a) That Shay is capable of murder.
(b) That Shay was very upset after Frank left.
(c) That Shay has done the best for the family that he knew how.
(d) That Shay is probably the one who killed Rosie.
14. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Hitchhike around Europe.
(b) Find his runaway brother.
(c) Run away with his girlfriend.
(d) Become a photographer.
15. Who is Jackie?
(a) Frank's boss.
(b) Frank's sister.
(c) Holly's best friend.
(d) Olivia's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rosie's suitcase found?
2. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
3. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
4. What is Squidface?
5. What do the Dalys give to the police?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)