|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) That she was murdered.
(b) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
(c) That she met someone else that night.
(d) Rosie did not really love Frank.
2. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Run away with his girlfriend.
(b) Become a photographer.
(c) Find his runaway brother.
(d) Hitchhike around Europe.
3. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To go get his wife and return.
(b) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
(c) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(d) To leave the scene.
4. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(b) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(c) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
(d) A picture of Rosie.
5. How often does Frank see Holly?
(b) Every weekend.
(c) Once a month.
(d) A couple times a year.
6. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(b) A few rats.
(c) A body.
(d) A note.
7. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
(a) In police files.
(b) In bars around Dublin.
(c) In wedding sections.
(d) In the obituaries.
8. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
(b) Strange sounds.
(c) Two drifters.
(d) A horrible smell.
9. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(b) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(c) Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) A plane ticket.
10. Where is Frank's apartment?
(a) About fifty kilometers from Dublin.
(b) He lives in a hotel room.
(c) In the heart of downtown Dublin.
(d) On the Quays.
11. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Daly's.
(c) Some exterminators.
(d) Technical Bureau.
12. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
(b) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
(c) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
(d) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
13. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
(b) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
(c) To visit the Daly's again.
(d) To the pub.
14. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
(a) Fix it up.
(b) Have it torn down.
(d) Kill rats.
15. What does Kevin say about Shay?
(a) That Shay is capable of murder.
(b) That Shay was very upset after Frank left.
(c) That Shay has done the best for the family that he knew how.
(d) That Shay is probably the one who killed Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
2. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
3. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
4. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
5. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)