|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
2. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
(a) Have it torn down.
(b) Kill rats.
(d) Fix it up.
3. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
(d) He has no nickname.
4. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) Their father's disability.
(b) The past.
(c) Rosie's love for Frank.
(d) His will.
5. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
(b) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
(c) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
(d) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
6. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
(a) An undercover officer.
(b) A lieutenant in the detective division.
(c) A records clerk.
(d) The chief.
7. What does Holly call Dermot?
(a) Uncle Dermot.
(c) Dumb Dermot.
(d) She does not know Dermot.
8. What does Frank wonder about Rosie?
(a) If she got the plan confused.
(b) If she would accept his offer of the bus fare.
(c) If she is from around where Frank is waiting.
(d) If she would like to go out for coffee.
9. What is Squidface?
(a) A new movie Holly wants to see.
(b) A new toy Holly wants.
(c) A stuffed animal Holly's brother is always fighting Holly over.
(d) The name Holly has given her mother's boyfriend.
10. Who is Olivia?
(a) Another police detective.
(b) Frank's ex-wife.
(c) An undercover police rookie.
(d) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
11. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Have a family meeting.
(b) Talk to the Daly family.
(c) Try to get more information for the police.
(d) Join him.
12. Who shows up in the pub a couple hours after Mick leaves Frank there?
(a) Mr. Daly.
(b) No one.
13. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) 33 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 3 years.
14. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(a) Fighting with another guy.
(b) Making breakfast.
(c) Waiting for his girlfriend.
15. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(b) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
(c) They will be very thorough.
(d) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jackie?
2. What tickets are in Rosie's suitcase?
3. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
4. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
5. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)