|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jackie?
(a) Frank's boss.
(b) Holly's best friend.
(c) Olivia's sister.
(d) Frank's sister.
2. How often does Frank see Holly?
(a) A couple times a year.
(c) Every weekend.
(d) Once a month.
3. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
(a) Several dead rats.
(b) A loose slab of cement.
(c) A belt.
(d) Some brown hair tufts.
4. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) The past.
(b) His will.
(c) Rosie's love for Frank.
(d) Their father's disability.
5. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(b) It is too visible.
(c) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(d) It is mostly concrete.
6. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they married twin brothers.
(b) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(c) Where they are now living.
(d) That they both moved to the United States.
7. What does Holly call Dermot?
(a) She does not know Dermot.
(c) Uncle Dermot.
(d) Dumb Dermot.
8. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
(b) They will be very thorough.
(c) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(d) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
9. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
(a) Because Frank is unemployed at the time.
(b) Because of not wanting to defy her father.
(c) Because of his odd family.
(d) Because her mother needed her.
10. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) Several gold bars.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A dead dog.
11. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
(a) That Jackie is taking Holly for the weekend.
(b) That he is ill and Holly needs to come home.
(c) That Holly is ill.
(d) That he has a family emergency.
12. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
(a) Go and offer condolences to the Daly's.
(b) Make her husband go and talk to Frank.
(c) Appeal to the police not to consider Frank as a suspect.
(d) Join him at the pub to console him.
13. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
(b) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
(c) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
(d) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
14. What does Frank realize is true if Rosie was murdered?
(a) Kevin is a prime suspect.
(b) He is a prime suspect.
(c) Shay is a prime suspect.
(d) He is to blame for Rosie's death.
15. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
(b) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(c) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(d) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
2. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
3. Who is Dermot?
4. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
5. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)