|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He has no family left.
(b) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(c) He is angry at his mother.
(d) He thinks they are all insane.
2. What does Mandy say she suspected?
(a) That Rosie ran away with a British soldier.
(b) That Rosie is somewhere in Europe.
(c) That Rosie was running away.
(d) That Rosie was murdered.
3. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(c) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(d) Rosie's birth certificate.
4. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) Who else knew Rosie.
(b) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
(c) Who might want to harm Rosie.
(d) The last time they were together.
5. Who is Olivia?
(a) Frank's ex-wife.
(b) Another police detective.
(c) An undercover police rookie.
(d) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
6. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 33 years.
(d) 10 years.
7. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) Some exterminators.
(b) Technical Bureau.
(c) The Daly's.
(d) The mayor.
8. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
(a) Join up with some musicians.
(b) Go to German with some woman.
(c) Travel to France.
(d) Travel to England.
9. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A picture of Rosie.
(b) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(c) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
(d) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
10. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
(a) He has no nickname.
11. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(b) Contact the police.
(c) Have Shay arrested.
(d) Forget the whole situation.
12. What does Kevin say about Shay?
(a) That Shay has done the best for the family that he knew how.
(b) That Shay is capable of murder.
(c) That Shay was very upset after Frank left.
(d) That Shay is probably the one who killed Rosie.
13. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) Several gold bars.
14. Who is Dermot?
(a) Frank's colleague.
(b) Olivia's father.
(c) Olivia's date.
(d) Holly's brother.
15. What does Frank tell Mick?
(a) That he thinks Rosie's former boyfriend killed her.
(b) That he want to work on the case with Mick.
(c) Everything he can remember about Rosie.
(d) That he thinks his cousin killed Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
2. Who is Jackie?
3. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
4. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
5. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)