Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
(a) Because of his odd family.
(b) Because Frank is unemployed at the time.
(c) Because of not wanting to defy her father.
(d) Because her mother needed her.
2. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
(a) Beause no one in the department likes Frank.
(b) Because they think Frank is a murder suspect.
(c) Because Frank is undercover.
(d) They do not know Frank.
3. Where is Rosie's suitcase found?
(a) Behind the fireplace in number 16.
(b) Up the chimney in number 212.
(c) In the attic of number 33.
(d) In a subway locker.
4. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(b) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(c) Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) A plane ticket.
5. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) Several gold bars.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A skeleton.
6. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(b) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
(c) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(d) Forced a doctor to treat them.
7. What does Mandy say she suspected?
(a) That Rosie is somewhere in Europe.
(b) That Rosie ran away with a British soldier.
(c) That Rosie was murdered.
(d) That Rosie was running away.
8. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Have Shay arrested.
(b) Forget the whole situation.
(c) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(d) Contact the police.
9. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
(b) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
(c) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
(d) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
10. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) Some exterminators.
(b) The Daly's.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Technical Bureau.
11. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(b) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(c) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
(d) A picture of Rosie.
12. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
(a) There was no fight.
(b) Rosie and Frank.
(c) Mr. Mackey and Mr. Daly.
(d) Shay and Rosie.
13. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Talk to their mother.
(c) Bring Holly for a visit.
(d) Get his dad into a nursing home.
14. Who is Olivia?
(a) Frank's ex-wife.
(b) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
(c) An undercover police rookie.
(d) Another police detective.
15. What does Mr. Daly do when he comes to the abandoned house?
(a) Screams out and ask if it is Rosie.
(b) Has a heart attack.
(c) Confesses to Rosie's murder.
(d) Accuses Frank of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up in the pub a couple hours after Mick leaves Frank there?
2. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
3. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
4. What does Kevin say about Shay?
5. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)