|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He has no family left.
(b) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(c) He is angry at his mother.
(d) He thinks they are all insane.
2. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Forced a doctor to treat them.
(b) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(c) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(d) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
3. What does Frank realize is true if Rosie was murdered?
(a) Kevin is a prime suspect.
(b) He is a prime suspect.
(c) He is to blame for Rosie's death.
(d) Shay is a prime suspect.
4. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they married twin brothers.
(b) That they both moved to the United States.
(c) Where they are now living.
(d) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
5. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(b) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
(c) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
(d) They will be very thorough.
6. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
(a) That maybe Rosie was killed by wild dogs that had been terrorizing the area.
(b) Routes Rosie might have taken to the abandoned house.
(c) That Kevin heard the neighborhood's basset hound howling that night.
(d) That there were no dogs to bark and give Rose away to her parents.
7. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It is mostly concrete.
(b) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(c) It is too visible.
(d) The abandoned house has no back yard.
8. What does Holly call Dermot?
(a) Dumb Dermot.
(b) Uncle Dermot.
(c) She does not know Dermot.
9. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
(c) To visit the Daly's again.
(d) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
10. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) Some exterminators.
(b) Technical Bureau.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The Daly's.
11. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
(a) Mr. Mackey and Mr. Daly.
(b) There was no fight.
(c) Shay and Rosie.
(d) Rosie and Frank.
12. Who is Rosie Daley?
(a) Frank's girlfriend.
(b) A girl who gets on the bus near where Frank is fighting.
(c) Frank's sister.
(d) The girl Frank is fighting another guy over.
13. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he ever married.
(b) If he has any children.
(c) If he would like to go out for a drink.
(d) If he is planning to stay around.
14. What does Frank ask if anyone has done concerning the suitcase?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Called Rosie's parents.
(c) Asked the demolition crew about the bomb.
(d) Touched the suitcase.
15. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they have come down to support him.
(b) That they are all adults now.
(c) That they care for their parents.
(d) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
2. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
3. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
4. Who is Jackie?
5. Who is Olivia?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)