|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
(a) A loose slab of cement.
(b) Some brown hair tufts.
(c) Several dead rats.
(d) A belt.
2. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
(a) Go to German with some woman.
(b) Travel to England.
(c) Join up with some musicians.
(d) Travel to France.
3. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Forget the whole situation.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(d) Contact the police.
4. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) Several gold bars.
(c) A skeleton.
(d) A bag of money.
5. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
(a) Slipping away unnoticed.
(b) Deciding whether to go to college.
(c) Deciding whether to get married.
(d) Boarding the bus since she is short for the fare.
6. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
(a) To see if anyone else is missing from the same time.
(b) He is looking for Rosie's body.
(c) To learn if Rosie told anyone else her plans.
(d) To find out if anyone remembers seeing Rosie.
7. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
8. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
(a) That Jackie is taking Holly for the weekend.
(b) That he has a family emergency.
(c) That he is ill and Holly needs to come home.
(d) That Holly is ill.
9. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(b) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
(c) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(d) A picture of Rosie.
10. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The Dalys.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The forensic examiner.
(d) The coroner.
11. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(b) A note.
(c) A few rats.
(d) A body.
12. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
(a) That he loved Rosie.
(b) That he loved Rosie even though she was not his.
(c) That he hated Rosie since she was not his.
(d) That he was physically abusive.
13. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Bring Holly for a visit.
(b) Get his dad into a nursing home.
(c) Talk to their mother.
(d) Come home.
14. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
(b) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To visit the Daly's again.
15. Who is Dermot?
(a) Frank's colleague.
(b) Holly's brother.
(c) Olivia's father.
(d) Olivia's date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Daly do when he comes to the abandoned house?
2. Why did Frank search for information about Rosie?
3. What does Frank realize is true if Rosie was murdered?
4. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
5. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)