|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
(b) Have it torn down.
(c) Kill rats.
(d) Fix it up.
2. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(b) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
(c) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(d) A picture of Rosie.
3. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
(a) Because her mother needed her.
(b) Because of his odd family.
(c) Because of not wanting to defy her father.
(d) Because Frank is unemployed at the time.
4. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Talk to their mother.
(b) Come home.
(c) Bring Holly for a visit.
(d) Get his dad into a nursing home.
5. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
(a) Living with a boyfriend.
(b) Married with two children.
(c) A nun.
6. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) Where they are now living.
(b) That they both moved to the United States.
(c) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(d) That they married twin brothers.
7. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Become a photographer.
(b) Hitchhike around Europe.
(c) Find his runaway brother.
(d) Run away with his girlfriend.
8. Why is there not going to be anyone to help with Frank's father?
(a) Shay had a terrible fight with his father.
(b) Shay is moving out.
(c) All the siblings are moving out.
(d) Shay will bet there to help with their father.
9. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Have a family meeting.
(b) Join him.
(c) Talk to the Daly family.
(d) Try to get more information for the police.
10. Who is Jackie?
(a) Olivia's sister.
(b) Frank's boss.
(c) Holly's best friend.
(d) Frank's sister.
11. What does Frank tell Mick?
(a) That he thinks his cousin killed Rosie.
(b) That he want to work on the case with Mick.
(c) Everything he can remember about Rosie.
(d) That he thinks Rosie's former boyfriend killed her.
12. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
(b) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(c) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
(d) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
13. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(b) It is too visible.
(c) It is mostly concrete.
(d) The abandoned house has no back yard.
14. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
(a) Travel to France.
(b) Join up with some musicians.
(c) Go to German with some woman.
(d) Travel to England.
15. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
(a) That he is ill and Holly needs to come home.
(b) That he has a family emergency.
(c) That Jackie is taking Holly for the weekend.
(d) That Holly is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank ask if anyone has done concerning the suitcase?
2. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
3. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
4. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
5. What does Holly call Dermot?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)