|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) That she was murdered.
(b) That she met someone else that night.
(c) Rosie did not really love Frank.
(d) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
2. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
(a) Some brown hair tufts.
(b) A loose slab of cement.
(c) A belt.
(d) Several dead rats.
3. What is Shay planning to buy?
(a) A donut shop.
(b) A newspaper kiosk.
(c) The bicycle shop where he's worked for years.
(d) The garage where he's worked for years.
4. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
(a) That Kevin heard the neighborhood's basset hound howling that night.
(b) Routes Rosie might have taken to the abandoned house.
(c) That there were no dogs to bark and give Rose away to her parents.
(d) That maybe Rosie was killed by wild dogs that had been terrorizing the area.
5. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Forced a doctor to treat them.
(b) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(c) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(d) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
6. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He has no family left.
(b) He thinks they are all insane.
(c) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(d) He is angry at his mother.
7. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
(a) Make her husband go and talk to Frank.
(b) Join him at the pub to console him.
(c) Appeal to the police not to consider Frank as a suspect.
(d) Go and offer condolences to the Daly's.
8. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(b) A picture of Rosie.
(c) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(d) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
9. Why did Frank search for information about Rosie?
(a) He was just curious as to what happened to her.
(b) He was worried about her.
(c) He wanted to make her feel bad.
(d) He wanted an explanation from her.
10. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It is too visible.
(b) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(c) It is mostly concrete.
(d) The abandoned house has no back yard.
11. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
(a) That she was interested in someone else.
(b) That Rosie was killed by some drug dealers.
(c) That she may have decided to leave but not with Frank.
(d) That she decided Frank came from a family that was too crazy to marry him.
12. What does Frank tell Mick?
(a) That he thinks his cousin killed Rosie.
(b) That he want to work on the case with Mick.
(c) Everything he can remember about Rosie.
(d) That he thinks Rosie's former boyfriend killed her.
13. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
(a) She is afraid of Holly catching something from Frank.
(b) She was planning to have a party that night.
(c) She is on a date with Dermot.
(d) She does not like Jackie.
14. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
(b) Because gas is so expensive.
(c) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(d) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
15. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To leave the scene.
(b) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(c) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
(d) To go get his wife and return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mandy say she suspected?
2. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
3. What does Carmel ask Frank?
4. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
5. Who shows up in the pub a couple hours after Mick leaves Frank there?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)