|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
(a) She was telling him she did not want to go with him.
(b) She wanted one more night at home.
(c) She had another boyfriend.
(d) She wanted to marry him, but not for another year.
2. Who is Olivia?
(a) Another police detective.
(b) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
(c) Frank's ex-wife.
(d) An undercover police rookie.
3. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To leave the scene.
(b) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(c) To go get his wife and return.
(d) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
4. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Forget the whole situation.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(d) Contact the police.
5. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
(a) Routes Rosie might have taken to the abandoned house.
(b) That maybe Rosie was killed by wild dogs that had been terrorizing the area.
(c) That there were no dogs to bark and give Rose away to her parents.
(d) That Kevin heard the neighborhood's basset hound howling that night.
6. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
(b) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(c) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
(d) Because gas is so expensive.
7. What does Mr. Daly do when he comes to the abandoned house?
(a) Has a heart attack.
(b) Screams out and ask if it is Rosie.
(c) Confesses to Rosie's murder.
(d) Accuses Frank of murder.
8. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) Rosie did not really love Frank.
(b) That she met someone else that night.
(c) That she was murdered.
(d) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
9. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
(a) Some brown hair tufts.
(b) A loose slab of cement.
(c) Several dead rats.
(d) A belt.
10. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(a) A body.
(c) A note.
(d) A few rats.
11. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(b) It is too visible.
(c) It is mostly concrete.
(d) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
12. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Come home.
(b) Bring Holly for a visit.
(c) Get his dad into a nursing home.
(d) Talk to their mother.
13. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(b) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(c) Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) A plane ticket.
14. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(b) Waiting for his girlfriend.
(c) Fighting with another guy.
(d) Making breakfast.
15. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
(a) Because Frank is undercover.
(b) Because they think Frank is a murder suspect.
(c) They do not know Frank.
(d) Beause no one in the department likes Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shay planning to buy?
2. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
3. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
4. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
5. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)