|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
(a) That he was physically abusive.
(b) That he loved Rosie.
(c) That he loved Rosie even though she was not his.
(d) That he hated Rosie since she was not his.
2. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(a) A few rats.
(c) A note.
(d) A body.
3. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Have a family meeting.
(b) Join him.
(c) Try to get more information for the police.
(d) Talk to the Daly family.
4. What is Squidface?
(a) A new movie Holly wants to see.
(b) The name Holly has given her mother's boyfriend.
(c) A new toy Holly wants.
(d) A stuffed animal Holly's brother is always fighting Holly over.
5. To what does Olivia agree?
(a) That Holly can spend the night with her best friend.
(b) That Holly can go visit her maternal grandmother.
(c) That Frank can bring Holly back home.
(d) That Holly needs to go to a doctor right away.
6. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
(b) Married with two children.
(c) A nun.
(d) Living with a boyfriend.
7. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(b) Rosie's birth certificate.
(c) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(d) A plane ticket.
8. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they both moved to the United States.
(b) Where they are now living.
(c) That they married twin brothers.
(d) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
9. Where is Rosie's suitcase found?
(a) In the attic of number 33.
(b) Behind the fireplace in number 16.
(c) In a subway locker.
(d) Up the chimney in number 212.
10. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) Several gold bars.
(c) A bag of money.
(d) A skeleton.
11. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
(c) To visit the Daly's again.
(d) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
12. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) Who might want to harm Rosie.
(b) The last time they were together.
(c) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
(d) Who else knew Rosie.
13. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(a) Waiting for his girlfriend.
(c) Making breakfast.
(d) Fighting with another guy.
14. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The Dalys.
(b) The coroner.
(c) The forensic examiner.
(d) The police chief.
15. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Get his dad into a nursing home.
(b) Bring Holly for a visit.
(c) Talk to their mother.
(d) Come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosie Daley?
2. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
3. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
4. What does Carmel ask Frank?
5. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)