|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Frank search for information about Rosie?
(a) He was just curious as to what happened to her.
(b) He was worried about her.
(c) He wanted an explanation from her.
(d) He wanted to make her feel bad.
2. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
(b) To the pub.
(c) To visit the Daly's again.
(d) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
3. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because gas is so expensive.
(b) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
(c) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(d) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
4. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
(a) In the obituaries.
(b) In police files.
(c) In bars around Dublin.
(d) In wedding sections.
5. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(b) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(c) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
(d) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
6. How often does Frank see Holly?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every weekend.
(c) A couple times a year.
7. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they have come down to support him.
(b) That they care for their parents.
(c) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
(d) That they are all adults now.
8. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
(a) Two drifters.
(c) A horrible smell.
(d) Strange sounds.
9. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) Where they are now living.
(b) That they married twin brothers.
(c) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(d) That they both moved to the United States.
10. Who is Rosie Daley?
(a) The girl Frank is fighting another guy over.
(b) A girl who gets on the bus near where Frank is fighting.
(c) Frank's sister.
(d) Frank's girlfriend.
11. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(c) Rosie's birth certificate.
(d) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
12. Who is Olivia?
(a) Another police detective.
(b) An undercover police rookie.
(c) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
(d) Frank's ex-wife.
13. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
(a) She does not like Jackie.
(b) She is on a date with Dermot.
(c) She was planning to have a party that night.
(d) She is afraid of Holly catching something from Frank.
14. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) That she met someone else that night.
(b) That she was murdered.
(c) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
(d) Rosie did not really love Frank.
15. What does Mr. Daly do when he comes to the abandoned house?
(a) Accuses Frank of murder.
(b) Screams out and ask if it is Rosie.
(c) Confesses to Rosie's murder.
(d) Has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
2. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
3. What do the Dalys give to the police?
4. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
5. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)