|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they are all adults now.
(b) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
(c) That they care for their parents.
(d) That they have come down to support him.
2. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
(a) Two drifters.
(b) Strange sounds.
(c) A horrible smell.
3. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) Who else knew Rosie.
(b) The last time they were together.
(c) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
(d) Who might want to harm Rosie.
4. What does Holly call Dermot?
(b) She does not know Dermot.
(c) Dumb Dermot.
(d) Uncle Dermot.
5. What does Frank find in the basement of the abandoned house?
(a) Several dead rats.
(b) A loose slab of cement.
(c) A belt.
(d) Some brown hair tufts.
6. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He is angry at his mother.
(b) He thinks they are all insane.
(c) He has no family left.
(d) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
7. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Forget the whole situation.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Contact the police.
(d) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
8. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
(b) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(c) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
(d) Because gas is so expensive.
9. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To leave the scene.
(b) To go get his wife and return.
(c) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(d) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
10. Why did Frank search for information about Rosie?
(a) He wanted an explanation from her.
(b) He wanted to make her feel bad.
(c) He was just curious as to what happened to her.
(d) He was worried about her.
11. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Get his dad into a nursing home.
(b) Bring Holly for a visit.
(c) Come home.
(d) Talk to their mother.
12. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(b) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
(c) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(d) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
13. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
(a) The chief.
(b) A lieutenant in the detective division.
(c) An undercover officer.
(d) A records clerk.
14. Who is Dermot?
(a) Frank's colleague.
(b) Olivia's date.
(c) Olivia's father.
(d) Holly's brother.
15. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Try to get more information for the police.
(b) Talk to the Daly family.
(c) Have a family meeting.
(d) Join him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tickets are in Rosie's suitcase?
2. How often does Frank see Holly?
3. What does Mandy say she suspected?
4. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
5. Where is Frank's apartment?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)