|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dermot?
(a) Frank's colleague.
(b) Olivia's date.
(c) Holly's brother.
(d) Olivia's father.
2. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(b) Making breakfast.
(c) Waiting for his girlfriend.
(d) Fighting with another guy.
3. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
(a) Because Frank is undercover.
(b) They do not know Frank.
(c) Because they think Frank is a murder suspect.
(d) Beause no one in the department likes Frank.
4. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
(b) Living with a boyfriend.
(c) Married with two children.
(d) A nun.
5. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they care for their parents.
(b) That they are all adults now.
(c) That they have come down to support him.
(d) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
6. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(b) It is too visible.
(c) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(d) It is mostly concrete.
7. What does Frank ask if anyone has done concerning the suitcase?
(a) Called Rosie's parents.
(b) Touched the suitcase.
(c) Asked the demolition crew about the bomb.
(d) Called the police.
8. What is Squidface?
(a) A new toy Holly wants.
(b) The name Holly has given her mother's boyfriend.
(c) A stuffed animal Holly's brother is always fighting Holly over.
(d) A new movie Holly wants to see.
9. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
(a) She is on a date with Dermot.
(b) She was planning to have a party that night.
(c) She is afraid of Holly catching something from Frank.
(d) She does not like Jackie.
10. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
(a) Travel to France.
(b) Go to German with some woman.
(c) Join up with some musicians.
(d) Travel to England.
11. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
(a) Have it torn down.
(c) Fix it up.
(d) Kill rats.
12. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(b) He has no family left.
(c) He is angry at his mother.
(d) He thinks they are all insane.
13. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
(b) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(c) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(d) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
14. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) Rosie did not really love Frank.
(b) That she was murdered.
(c) That she met someone else that night.
(d) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
15. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
(b) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(c) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
(d) They will be very thorough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
2. Where is Rosie's suitcase found?
3. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
4. What does Frank tell Mick?
5. What tickets are in Rosie's suitcase?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)