|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
(a) To see if anyone else is missing from the same time.
(b) He is looking for Rosie's body.
(c) To find out if anyone remembers seeing Rosie.
(d) To learn if Rosie told anyone else her plans.
2. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
(b) To the pub.
(c) To visit the Daly's again.
(d) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
3. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(a) Waiting for his girlfriend.
(b) Fighting with another guy.
(c) Making breakfast.
4. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A plane ticket.
(b) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(c) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(d) Rosie's birth certificate.
5. What is Squidface?
(a) A new movie Holly wants to see.
(b) The name Holly has given her mother's boyfriend.
(c) A new toy Holly wants.
(d) A stuffed animal Holly's brother is always fighting Holly over.
6. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
(a) Married with two children.
(b) Living with a boyfriend.
(c) A nun.
7. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
(b) That they have come down to support him.
(c) That they care for their parents.
(d) That they are all adults now.
8. To what does Olivia agree?
(a) That Holly can go visit her maternal grandmother.
(b) That Holly can spend the night with her best friend.
(c) That Frank can bring Holly back home.
(d) That Holly needs to go to a doctor right away.
9. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
(a) Appeal to the police not to consider Frank as a suspect.
(b) Go and offer condolences to the Daly's.
(c) Join him at the pub to console him.
(d) Make her husband go and talk to Frank.
10. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Talk to their mother.
(b) Bring Holly for a visit.
(c) Come home.
(d) Get his dad into a nursing home.
11. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
(a) Slipping away unnoticed.
(b) Deciding whether to get married.
(c) Boarding the bus since she is short for the fare.
(d) Deciding whether to go to college.
12. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Forget the whole situation.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Contact the police.
(d) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
13. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) His will.
(b) Their father's disability.
(c) The past.
(d) Rosie's love for Frank.
14. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
(a) She was planning to have a party that night.
(b) She does not like Jackie.
(c) She is on a date with Dermot.
(d) She is afraid of Holly catching something from Frank.
15. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(b) A picture of Rosie.
(c) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(d) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank wonder about Rosie?
2. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
3. What does Holly call Dermot?
4. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
5. How often does Frank see Holly?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)