|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
(a) Because they think Frank is a murder suspect.
(b) Because Frank is undercover.
(c) Beause no one in the department likes Frank.
(d) They do not know Frank.
2. What does Frank ask if anyone has done concerning the suitcase?
(a) Called Rosie's parents.
(b) Called the police.
(c) Asked the demolition crew about the bomb.
(d) Touched the suitcase.
3. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) His will.
(b) The past.
(c) Rosie's love for Frank.
(d) Their father's disability.
4. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(b) A picture of Rosie.
(c) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(d) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
5. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
(c) To visit the Daly's again.
(d) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
6. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) Several gold bars.
(d) A dead dog.
7. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(b) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
(c) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
(d) They will be very thorough.
8. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
(b) Fix it up.
(c) Kill rats.
(d) Have it torn down.
9. What does Frank tell Mick?
(a) That he thinks Rosie's former boyfriend killed her.
(b) That he thinks his cousin killed Rosie.
(c) That he want to work on the case with Mick.
(d) Everything he can remember about Rosie.
10. What does Frank wonder about Rosie?
(a) If she is from around where Frank is waiting.
(b) If she would accept his offer of the bus fare.
(c) If she would like to go out for coffee.
(d) If she got the plan confused.
11. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they are all adults now.
(b) That they have come down to support him.
(c) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
(d) That they care for their parents.
12. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(b) To leave the scene.
(c) To go get his wife and return.
(d) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
13. What is Mandy's status in the present time when Frank goes to visit her?
(a) Living with a boyfriend.
(b) A nun.
(c) Married with two children.
14. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) Rosie did not really love Frank.
(b) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
(c) That she met someone else that night.
(d) That she was murdered.
15. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
(a) To learn if Rosie told anyone else her plans.
(b) To see if anyone else is missing from the same time.
(c) He is looking for Rosie's body.
(d) To find out if anyone remembers seeing Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
2. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
3. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
4. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
5. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)