|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
(a) That he is ill and Holly needs to come home.
(b) That Jackie is taking Holly for the weekend.
(c) That Holly is ill.
(d) That he has a family emergency.
2. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
(b) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
(c) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
(d) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
3. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) The mayor.
(b) Some exterminators.
(c) Technical Bureau.
(d) The Daly's.
4. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(b) He has no family left.
(c) He thinks they are all insane.
(d) He is angry at his mother.
5. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
(a) She was telling him she did not want to go with him.
(b) She wanted one more night at home.
(c) She had another boyfriend.
(d) She wanted to marry him, but not for another year.
6. How often does Frank see Holly?
(a) A couple times a year.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every weekend.
7. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he has any children.
(b) If he ever married.
(c) If he would like to go out for a drink.
(d) If he is planning to stay around.
8. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
(b) He has no nickname.
9. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(b) To leave the scene.
(c) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
(d) To go get his wife and return.
10. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
(a) That she was murdered.
(b) That she was the unidentified body found in the nearby woods several years ago.
(c) That she met someone else that night.
(d) Rosie did not really love Frank.
11. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
(b) They will be very thorough.
(c) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(d) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
12. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
(a) Travel to France.
(b) Go to German with some woman.
(c) Travel to England.
(d) Join up with some musicians.
13. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Join him.
(b) Talk to the Daly family.
(c) Have a family meeting.
(d) Try to get more information for the police.
14. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
(b) It is too visible.
(c) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(d) It is mostly concrete.
15. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Become a photographer.
(b) Hitchhike around Europe.
(c) Find his runaway brother.
(d) Run away with his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
2. What is in the hole in the basement?
3. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
4. What do Frank and Kevin talk about that brings up the mention of a dog?
5. Who is Jackie?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)