|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(b) A note.
(c) A body.
(d) A few rats.
2. What does Frank dismiss the idea of the back garden of the abandoned home as a burial place?
(a) It is mostly concrete.
(b) It is too visible.
(c) The abandoned house has no back yard.
(d) It has so many trees, it would be hard to dig.
3. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
(b) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) Rosie's birth certificate.
4. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
(a) A horrible smell.
(b) Two drifters.
(c) Strange sounds.
5. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(a) Fighting with another guy.
(b) Waiting for his girlfriend.
(d) Making breakfast.
6. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(b) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(c) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
(d) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
7. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he would like to go out for a drink.
(b) If he has any children.
(c) If he is planning to stay around.
(d) If he ever married.
8. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
(a) Rosie and Frank.
(b) There was no fight.
(c) Mr. Mackey and Mr. Daly.
(d) Shay and Rosie.
9. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
(a) Boarding the bus since she is short for the fare.
(b) Slipping away unnoticed.
(c) Deciding whether to get married.
(d) Deciding whether to go to college.
10. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
(a) That she may have decided to leave but not with Frank.
(b) That she decided Frank came from a family that was too crazy to marry him.
(c) That Rosie was killed by some drug dealers.
(d) That she was interested in someone else.
11. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
(a) He is looking for Rosie's body.
(b) To see if anyone else is missing from the same time.
(c) To find out if anyone remembers seeing Rosie.
(d) To learn if Rosie told anyone else her plans.
12. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) 33 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
13. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
(a) She was planning to have a party that night.
(b) She is afraid of Holly catching something from Frank.
(c) She is on a date with Dermot.
(d) She does not like Jackie.
14. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To the pub.
(b) To visit the Daly's again.
(c) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
(d) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
15. Who is Dermot?
(a) Frank's colleague.
(b) Olivia's father.
(c) Holly's brother.
(d) Olivia's date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
2. Where is Rosie's suitcase found?
3. What is Shay planning to buy?
4. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
5. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)