|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank point out about the police investigation of Rosie's death?
(a) They will be very thorough.
(b) They will probably go for life in prison for the murderer.
(c) They will probably defer to another precinct to do the investigation.
(d) They will probably not work it too hard since it's a cold case.
2. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) Technical Bureau.
(b) The Daly's.
(c) The mayor.
(d) Some exterminators.
3. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
4. Why doesn't anyone in the police department on the scene at the abandoned house acknowledge Frank?
(a) Beause no one in the department likes Frank.
(b) They do not know Frank.
(c) Because Frank is undercover.
(d) Because they think Frank is a murder suspect.
5. Who is Jackie?
(a) Frank's sister.
(b) Frank's boss.
(c) Olivia's sister.
(d) Holly's best friend.
6. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
(a) In wedding sections.
(b) In the obituaries.
(c) In bars around Dublin.
(d) In police files.
7. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie was killed by some drug dealers.
(b) That she decided Frank came from a family that was too crazy to marry him.
(c) That she may have decided to leave but not with Frank.
(d) That she was interested in someone else.
8. Who is Dermot?
(a) Olivia's father.
(b) Frank's colleague.
(c) Holly's brother.
(d) Olivia's date.
9. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(b) He thinks they are all insane.
(c) He has no family left.
(d) He is angry at his mother.
10. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they married twin brothers.
(b) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(c) Where they are now living.
(d) That they both moved to the United States.
11. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
(a) She wanted one more night at home.
(b) She had another boyfriend.
(c) She was telling him she did not want to go with him.
(d) She wanted to marry him, but not for another year.
12. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Find his runaway brother.
(b) Run away with his girlfriend.
(c) Become a photographer.
(d) Hitchhike around Europe.
13. What does Kevin say about Shay?
(a) That Shay is capable of murder.
(b) That Shay was very upset after Frank left.
(c) That Shay has done the best for the family that he knew how.
(d) That Shay is probably the one who killed Rosie.
14. Why is there not going to be anyone to help with Frank's father?
(a) Shay will bet there to help with their father.
(b) All the siblings are moving out.
(c) Shay is moving out.
(d) Shay had a terrible fight with his father.
15. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 33 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosie Daley?
2. To what does Olivia agree?
3. What do the Dalys give to the police?
4. What does Frank tell Olivia when he calls her?
5. What is in the hole in the basement?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)