|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's mother want to do while Frank is at the pub?
(a) Appeal to the police not to consider Frank as a suspect.
(b) Make her husband go and talk to Frank.
(c) Join him at the pub to console him.
(d) Go and offer condolences to the Daly's.
2. How much time has passed when Chapter 1 opens?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 22 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 33 years.
3. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he ever married.
(b) If he has any children.
(c) If he is planning to stay around.
(d) If he would like to go out for a drink.
4. Who shows up in the pub a couple hours after Mick leaves Frank there?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Daly.
5. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
(a) There was no fight.
(b) Shay and Rosie.
(c) Rosie and Frank.
(d) Mr. Mackey and Mr. Daly.
6. Who is Dermot?
(a) Olivia's father.
(b) Frank's colleague.
(c) Holly's brother.
(d) Olivia's date.
7. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
(a) Because her mother needed her.
(b) Because of his odd family.
(c) Because Frank is unemployed at the time.
(d) Because of not wanting to defy her father.
8. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
(a) That she decided Frank came from a family that was too crazy to marry him.
(b) That she may have decided to leave but not with Frank.
(c) That Rosie was killed by some drug dealers.
(d) That she was interested in someone else.
9. What does Frank wonder about Rosie?
(a) If she would like to go out for coffee.
(b) If she would accept his offer of the bus fare.
(c) If she got the plan confused.
(d) If she is from around where Frank is waiting.
10. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
11. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The Daly's.
(c) Technical Bureau.
(d) Some exterminators.
12. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
(a) When he finished police training.
(b) When he was very young.
(c) He still does not know how to turn on a meter.
(d) When he graduated from high school.
13. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Have a family meeting.
(b) Talk to the Daly family.
(c) Join him.
(d) Try to get more information for the police.
14. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
(b) He has no family left.
(c) He thinks they are all insane.
(d) He is angry at his mother.
15. How often does Frank see Holly?
(a) A couple times a year.
(b) Every weekend.
(c) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jackie?
2. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
3. What does the neighborhood try to do in the abandoned house soon after Frank left?
4. What does Mandy say she suspected?
5. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)