|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(b) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
(c) Because gas is so expensive.
(d) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
2. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they both moved to the United States.
(b) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(c) That they married twin brothers.
(d) Where they are now living.
3. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
(b) The last time they were together.
(c) Who might want to harm Rosie.
(d) Who else knew Rosie.
4. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Join him.
(b) Try to get more information for the police.
(c) Have a family meeting.
(d) Talk to the Daly family.
5. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(b) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
(c) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(d) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
6. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
(a) That he hated Rosie since she was not his.
(b) That he was physically abusive.
(c) That he loved Rosie.
(d) That he loved Rosie even though she was not his.
7. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) The past.
(b) His will.
(c) Their father's disability.
(d) Rosie's love for Frank.
8. Who shows up in the pub a couple hours after Mick leaves Frank there?
(a) No one.
(d) Mr. Daly.
9. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
(a) When he was very young.
(b) He still does not know how to turn on a meter.
(c) When he finished police training.
(d) When he graduated from high school.
10. What does Holly call Dermot?
(a) Dumb Dermot.
(b) She does not know Dermot.
(c) Uncle Dermot.
11. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
(a) Because her mother needed her.
(b) Because of his odd family.
(c) Because Frank is unemployed at the time.
(d) Because of not wanting to defy her father.
12. Who is Dermot?
(a) Holly's brother.
(b) Olivia's date.
(c) Olivia's father.
(d) Frank's colleague.
13. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Forget the whole situation.
(b) Contact the police.
(c) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(d) Have Shay arrested.
14. What is one theory Frank has about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie was killed by some drug dealers.
(b) That she decided Frank came from a family that was too crazy to marry him.
(c) That she was interested in someone else.
(d) That she may have decided to leave but not with Frank.
15. Why is there not going to be anyone to help with Frank's father?
(a) Shay had a terrible fight with his father.
(b) Shay will bet there to help with their father.
(c) Shay is moving out.
(d) All the siblings are moving out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank realize is true if Rosie was murdered?
2. What do the Dalys give to the police?
3. What does Kevin say about Shay?
4. What is Mick Kennedy's nickname?
5. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)