|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Daly do when he comes to the abandoned house?
(a) Confesses to Rosie's murder.
(b) Screams out and ask if it is Rosie.
(c) Has a heart attack.
(d) Accuses Frank of murder.
2. Why does Frank think Rosie may have refused to meet up with him many years ago?
(a) Because of not wanting to defy her father.
(b) Because her mother needed her.
(c) Because of his odd family.
(d) Because Frank is unemployed at the time.
3. What is Shay planning to buy?
(a) A newspaper kiosk.
(b) The garage where he's worked for years.
(c) A donut shop.
(d) The bicycle shop where he's worked for years.
4. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
(a) She wanted one more night at home.
(b) She wanted to marry him, but not for another year.
(c) She had another boyfriend.
(d) She was telling him she did not want to go with him.
5. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
6. What might Rosie be having a difficult time doing in the Prologue?
(a) Deciding whether to get married.
(b) Deciding whether to go to college.
(c) Boarding the bus since she is short for the fare.
(d) Slipping away unnoticed.
7. What tickets are in Rosie's suitcase?
8. For what is Frank thankful concerning his siblings?
(a) That they care for their parents.
(b) That they understand Frank better than anyone else.
(c) That they are all adults now.
(d) That they have come down to support him.
9. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) Who might want to harm Rosie.
(b) Who else knew Rosie.
(c) The last time they were together.
(d) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
10. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To leave the scene.
(b) To go get his wife and return.
(c) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
(d) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
11. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(b) Forced a doctor to treat them.
(c) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(d) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
12. Why does Frank start searching the neighborhood?
(a) To learn if Rosie told anyone else her plans.
(b) To find out if anyone remembers seeing Rosie.
(c) To see if anyone else is missing from the same time.
(d) He is looking for Rosie's body.
13. What do the Dalys give to the police?
(a) Some old clothes of Rosie's.
(b) A list of all Rosie's friends.
(c) A picture of Rosie.
(d) A torn piece of paper that is part of her farewell note.
14. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
(a) That he loved Rosie even though she was not his.
(b) That he loved Rosie.
(c) That he hated Rosie since she was not his.
(d) That he was physically abusive.
15. To what does Olivia agree?
(a) That Holly needs to go to a doctor right away.
(b) That Holly can go visit her maternal grandmother.
(c) That Frank can bring Holly back home.
(d) That Holly can spend the night with her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
2. What does Frank ask if anyone has done concerning the suitcase?
3. Where is Frank's apartment?
4. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
5. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)