|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Forced a doctor to treat them.
(b) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
(c) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(d) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
2. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) Their father's disability.
(b) His will.
(c) The past.
(d) Rosie's love for Frank.
3. What is Squidface?
(a) A new movie Holly wants to see.
(b) The name Holly has given her mother's boyfriend.
(c) A stuffed animal Holly's brother is always fighting Holly over.
(d) A new toy Holly wants.
4. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Contact the police.
(d) Forget the whole situation.
5. What does Frank find inside the abandoned house?
(b) A note.
(c) A few rats.
(d) A body.
6. What is one thing found inside the suitcase?
(a) A letter to Shay from Rosie.
(b) Rosie's birth certificate.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A letter to Rosie from Frank.
7. Why does Shay think his purchasing plan is sound?
(a) Because so many people want something to eat as they are walking to work.
(b) Because Dublin is getting so spread out and cars are necessary.
(c) Because gas is so expensive.
(d) Because of the economic downturn of the country at this time.
8. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
(b) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
(c) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
(d) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
9. Where does Kevin go with Frank?
(a) To find out if the ferry tickets could still be redeemed.
(b) To the abandoned house where the suitcase is found.
(c) To the pub.
(d) To visit the Daly's again.
10. Who is Jackie?
(a) Frank's sister.
(b) Frank's boss.
(c) Holly's best friend.
(d) Olivia's sister.
11. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
(a) A records clerk.
(b) The chief.
(c) An undercover officer.
(d) A lieutenant in the detective division.
12. Who is Olivia?
(a) An undercover police rookie.
(b) Another police detective.
(c) Frank's ex-wife.
(d) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
13. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He thinks they are all insane.
(b) He is angry at his mother.
(c) He has no family left.
(d) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
14. What had Frank believed when he found a partial note from Rosie many years earlier?
(a) She was telling him she did not want to go with him.
(b) She wanted to marry him, but not for another year.
(c) She wanted one more night at home.
(d) She had another boyfriend.
15. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
(b) The last time they were together.
(c) Who else knew Rosie.
(d) Who might want to harm Rosie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosie Daley?
2. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
3. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
4. Where do Mick and Frank talk?
5. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)