|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The Dalys.
(b) The forensic examiner.
(c) The coroner.
(d) The police chief.
2. To what does Frank think back as he is talking about Rosie?
(a) The last time they were together.
(b) The last dance he and Rosie attended.
(c) Who else knew Rosie.
(d) Who might want to harm Rosie.
3. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) Several gold bars.
(b) A skeleton.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) A bag of money.
4. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
(a) Do whatever Mrs. Daly wants.
(b) Have Shay arrested.
(c) Contact the police.
(d) Forget the whole situation.
5. What does Mandy say she suspected?
(a) That Rosie was running away.
(b) That Rosie was murdered.
(c) That Rosie ran away with a British soldier.
(d) That Rosie is somewhere in Europe.
6. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
(a) He has no family left.
(b) He thinks they are all insane.
(c) He is angry at his mother.
(d) They live in a bad section of Belfast.
7. What does Mandy not believe about Mr. Daly?
(a) That he loved Rosie.
(b) That he was physically abusive.
(c) That he hated Rosie since she was not his.
(d) That he loved Rosie even though she was not his.
8. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(b) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
(c) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(d) Forced a doctor to treat them.
9. What do Frank's siblings do while he is at the pub?
(a) Join him.
(b) Have a family meeting.
(c) Try to get more information for the police.
(d) Talk to the Daly family.
10. What is Frank's position in the Dublin Police Department?
(a) The chief.
(b) A records clerk.
(c) An undercover officer.
(d) A lieutenant in the detective division.
11. About what does Frank talk with his siblings during the evening after Rosie's body is found?
(a) Rosie's love for Frank.
(b) His will.
(c) The past.
(d) Their father's disability.
12. Who was the fight between that the siblings recall?
(a) Shay and Rosie.
(b) Mr. Mackey and Mr. Daly.
(c) There was no fight.
(d) Rosie and Frank.
13. Why is there not going to be anyone to help with Frank's father?
(a) Shay will bet there to help with their father.
(b) Shay is moving out.
(c) Shay had a terrible fight with his father.
(d) All the siblings are moving out.
14. What do the police urge Mr. Daly to do?
(a) To leave the scene.
(b) To come into the house and identify his daughter.
(c) To wait outside until they bring the skeleton out.
(d) To go get his wife and return.
15. Where did Frank search for information about Rosie once he becomes a cop?
(a) In bars around Dublin.
(b) In the obituaries.
(c) In police files.
(d) In wedding sections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
2. Why is Olivia angry with what Frank tells her on the phone?
3. Who is Rosie Daley?
4. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
5. What is one thing Frank did right after leaving home?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)