|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank confess to Mick Kennedy about Rosie?
(a) That Rosie was sometimes a prostitute when her family was desperate.
(b) That Rosie said she would not marry Frank.
(c) That his brother Kevin always was jealous of Frank and Rosie.
(d) That Frank was to meet Rosie the night she disappeared.
2. What does Jackie want Frank to do?
(a) Talk to their mother.
(b) Bring Holly for a visit.
(c) Come home.
(d) Get his dad into a nursing home.
3. What does Frank want to do in the Prologue?
(a) Find his runaway brother.
(b) Run away with his girlfriend.
(c) Become a photographer.
(d) Hitchhike around Europe.
4. What does Kevin say was in the house for a while after Frank left?
(a) Two drifters.
(b) Strange sounds.
(c) A horrible smell.
5. What is the abandoned house number that Frank enters?
6. What is Frank Mackey doing in the Prologue?
(b) Fighting with another guy.
(c) Making breakfast.
(d) Waiting for his girlfriend.
7. What is in the hole in the basement?
(a) A skeleton.
(b) A bag of money.
(c) A dead dog.
(d) Several gold bars.
8. What did Carmel once do in the past when Jackie and Kevin were ill?
(a) Stayed up for several nights nursing them.
(b) Stole meat from the store where she worked.
(c) Forced a doctor to treat them.
(d) Stole medicine from a pharmacy.
9. What does Mandy say she suspected?
(a) That Rosie was running away.
(b) That Rosie is somewhere in Europe.
(c) That Rosie was murdered.
(d) That Rosie ran away with a British soldier.
10. What does Frank learn about Imelda and Mandy?
(a) That they were both killed in accidents only a few days apart.
(b) That they married twin brothers.
(c) Where they are now living.
(d) That they both moved to the United States.
11. Who does Frank plan to talk with the next morning?
(a) The forensic examiner.
(b) The coroner.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The Dalys.
12. Why does Frank park far away from his family home?
(a) He wants to walk to have some time to think.
(b) He is worried about being charged with a crime.
(c) He cannot find a parking place any closer.
(d) He does not want his family to see Holly's booster chair.
13. Who is Jackie?
(a) Olivia's sister.
(b) Frank's boss.
(c) Frank's sister.
(d) Holly's best friend.
14. What does Carmel ask Frank?
(a) If he ever married.
(b) If he would like to go out for a drink.
(c) If he is planning to stay around.
(d) If he has any children.
15. Who is Olivia?
(a) Frank's ex-wife.
(b) An undercover police rookie.
(c) A prostitute on Frank's beat.
(d) Another police detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackie believe about Rosie?
2. Why doesn't Frank let Holly spend time with his family?
3. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
4. What is Shay planning to buy?
5. What does Mr. Daly want to do?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)