|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shay not want the neighbors to see?
(a) The ratty clothing the Mackey children wore.
(b) How pitiful his father had become.
(c) His father hitting his mother.
(d) The family's "dirty laundry".
2. What does Frank tell Holly that is still uncertain?
(a) Whether Shay's death is a homocide or suicide.
(b) If she will be allowed to attend the funeral.
(c) Whether Kevin's death is a homocide or suicide.
(d) Whether Mr. Daly's death is a homocide or suicide.
3. How do Nora and Frank part?
(a) With regret.
(b) With relief.
(d) In anger.
4. When did Frank learn to turn on a gas meter?
(a) When he graduated from high school.
(b) He still does not know how to turn on a meter.
(c) When he was very young.
(d) When he finished police training.
5. What had happened the day Shay locked Frank and Kevin in the basement?
(a) Their father had gotten in a fight with the police.
(b) Their mother had been fired.
(c) Their youngest sister had died.
(d) Their father had been fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gavin take Carmel's husband and the children?
2. What does Frank say he will do concerning Shay?
3. Who does Frank call about what he finds in the abandoned house?
4. What does Shay say Frank will do if Holly talks?
5. Who calls Frank when he gets home?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)