|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
2. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
3. What happened if they were caught communicating?
4. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
5. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John do while he was in Army training?
2. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
3. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
4. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
5. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
6. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
7. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
8. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
9. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
10. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
Essay Topic 2
What was Roberta McCain and Jack McCain's relationship like? How did they meet, and how did her family feel about him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the experiences Jack had aboard the USS Gunnel. What danger did he and his men face? How did they overcome it? How close were they to death? What saved them?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)