|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
2. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
3. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
4. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
5. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John do while he was in Army training?
2. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
3. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
4. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
5. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
6. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
7. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
8. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
9. What were communications like between John and his family?
10. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
Essay Topic 2
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the family history of the McCain men in relationship to war. Explain how this affected John McCain's upbringing.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)