|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
2. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
3. What did John do while in solitary?
4. How many children did Carol and John have?
5. How did many of the prisoners communicate with their families?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
2. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
3. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
4. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
5. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
6. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
7. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
8. What were communications like between John and his family?
9. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
10. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did John do that made him a difficult prisoner for the Vietnamese?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the experiences Jack had aboard the USS Gunnel. What danger did he and his men face? How did they overcome it? How close were they to death? What saved them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conditions John lived in at The Plantation. What was his daily schedule like? What was isolation like? How did he keep sane?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)