|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
2. Where did John attend flight school?
3. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
4. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
5. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were communications like between John and his family?
2. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
3. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
4. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
5. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
6. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
7. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
8. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
9. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
10. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 2
What did John do that made him a difficult prisoner for the Vietnamese?
Essay Topic 3
How did John's temper and anger issues continue to get him in trouble even after the Church Riot? How did his fellow prisoners try to help him? How did he feel about the trouble he caused them?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)