|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
2. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
3. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
4. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
5. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
2. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
3. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
4. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
5. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
6. What did John do while he was in Army training?
7. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
8. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
9. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
10. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the soldiers celebrated the Christmas season when John was in charge of the entertainment. How is this different from past Christmases?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the family history of the McCain men in relationship to war. Explain how this affected John McCain's upbringing.
Essay Topic 3
What was Roberta McCain and Jack McCain's relationship like? How did they meet, and how did her family feel about him?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)