|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John attend flight school?
2. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
3. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
5. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Roberta McCain's talents helped Jack in his rise to success. What talents did he bring to the table? What made him so great?
Essay Topic 2
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the experiences Jack had aboard the USS Gunnel. What danger did he and his men face? How did they overcome it? How close were they to death? What saved them?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)