|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
2. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
3. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
4. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
5. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
2. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
3. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
4. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
5. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
6. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
7. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
8. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
9. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
10. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conditions John lived in at The Plantation. What was his daily schedule like? What was isolation like? How did he keep sane?
Essay Topic 2
How did John's temper and anger issues continue to get him in trouble even after the Church Riot? How did his fellow prisoners try to help him? How did he feel about the trouble he caused them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the communication systems between prisoners and their families. How did they get real messages to each other? Was John any good at it? How did he feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)