|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
2. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
3. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
4. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
5. What caused John the most dismay?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
2. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
3. What were communications like between John and his family?
4. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
5. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
6. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
7. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
8. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
9. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
10. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the family history of the McCain men in relationship to war. Explain how this affected John McCain's upbringing.
Essay Topic 3
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)