|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
2. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
3. What happened when the enemy came near John?
4. What happened if they were caught communicating?
5. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
2. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
3. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
4. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
5. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
6. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
7. What did John do while he was in Army training?
8. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
9. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
10. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
Essay Topic 2
What was Operation Rolling Thunder, and how did pilots feel about the orders they were given? How did they feel about the orders to strike Hanoi?
Essay Topic 3
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)