|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Carol and John have?
2. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
3. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
4. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
5. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
2. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
3. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
4. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
5. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
6. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
7. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
8. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
9. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
10. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conditions John lived in at The Plantation. What was his daily schedule like? What was isolation like? How did he keep sane?
Essay Topic 2
What was Roberta McCain and Jack McCain's relationship like? How did they meet, and how did her family feel about him?
Essay Topic 3
There are many examples in this book of different ways John McCain chose to have a good time rather than getting serious about life. Cite some examples of ways he got himself into trouble looking for fun.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)