|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
2. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
3. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
4. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
5. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
2. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
3. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
4. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
5. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
6. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
7. What were communications like between John and his family?
8. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
9. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
10. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened with the peace talks and the bombing raids. What did this mean to the prisoners? What did their captors try to tell them it meant? What was their reaction to their captors?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the soldiers celebrated the Christmas season when John was in charge of the entertainment. How is this different from past Christmases?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)