|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
2. What Operation did John participate in?
3. How did Bob react to John's actions?
4. What information did John give his interrogators?
5. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
2. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
3. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
4. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
5. What were communications like between John and his family?
6. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
7. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
8. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
9. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
10. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the communication systems between prisoners and their families. How did they get real messages to each other? Was John any good at it? How did he feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
Essay Topic 2
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)