|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
2. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
3. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
4. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
5. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
2. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
3. What were communications like between John and his family?
4. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
5. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
6. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
7. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
8. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
9. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
10. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family history of the McCain men in relationship to war. Explain how this affected John McCain's upbringing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conditions John lived in at The Plantation. What was his daily schedule like? What was isolation like? How did he keep sane?
Essay Topic 3
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)