|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
2. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
3. What was John's term paper for history class about?
4. Why did John go back to his old ways?
5. What did Jack command during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
2. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
4. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
5. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
6. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
7. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
8. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
9. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
10. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the feelings John had about finally going home. How did he feel toward his father? What was his physical condition? How were the soldiers treated when they landed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)