|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
2. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
4. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
5. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
2. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
3. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
4. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
6. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
7. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
8. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
9. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
10. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many examples in this book of different ways John McCain chose to have a good time rather than getting serious about life. Cite some examples of ways he got himself into trouble looking for fun.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the soldiers celebrated the Christmas season when John was in charge of the entertainment. How is this different from past Christmases?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the communication systems between prisoners and their families. How did they get real messages to each other? Was John any good at it? How did he feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)