|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
3. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
4. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
5. Why did John go back to his old ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
2. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
4. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
5. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
6. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
7. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
8. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
9. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
10. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
Essay Topic 3
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)