|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
3. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
4. In what area did John's interests lie?
5. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
3. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
4. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
5. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
6. What was the final bombing raid like, and how long did it last?
7. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
8. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
9. How did the prisoners react when they were told that they were allowed to go home?
10. At the bombings increased, how did the prisoners react? And how did it the Vietnamese react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conditions John lived in at The Plantation. What was his daily schedule like? What was isolation like? How did he keep sane?
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)