|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
3. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
4. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
5. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
4. What were communications like between John and his family?
5. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
6. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
7. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
8. What kind of relationship did the prisoners have after the war?
9. What was Slew's military career like?
10. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the soldiers celebrated the Christmas season when John was in charge of the entertainment. How is this different from past Christmases?
Essay Topic 2
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 3
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)