|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
2. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
4. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
5. How did those under John Sidney McCain Sr. view him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
2. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
3. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
4. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
5. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
6. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
7. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
8. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
9. What kind of fighter was Slew?
10. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the feelings John had about finally going home. How did he feel toward his father? What was his physical condition? How were the soldiers treated when they landed?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the communication systems between prisoners and their families. How did they get real messages to each other? Was John any good at it? How did he feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)