|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
3. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
4. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
2. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
3. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
4. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
5. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
6. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
7. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
8. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
9. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
10. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what happened with the peace talks and the bombing raids. What did this mean to the prisoners? What did their captors try to tell them it meant? What was their reaction to their captors?
Essay Topic 2
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 3
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)