|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
2. In what area did John's interests lie?
3. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
4. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
5. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
2. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
4. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
5. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
6. What happened in regards to communication when the prisoners were at Skid Row?
7. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
8. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
9. What was the Church Riot about? What were its repercussions?
10. What did John do while he was in Army training?
Essay Topic 1
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
Essay Topic 3
How did John's temper and anger issues continue to get him in trouble even after the Church Riot? How did his fellow prisoners try to help him? How did he feel about the trouble he caused them?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)