|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John McCain view his father?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
3. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
4. What was a problem when John entered high school?
5. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Slew's military career like?
2. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
3. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
4. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
5. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
6. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
7. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
8. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
9. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
10. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did John's temper and anger issues continue to get him in trouble even after the Church Riot? How did his fellow prisoners try to help him? How did he feel about the trouble he caused them?
Essay Topic 2
What was Operation Rolling Thunder, and how did pilots feel about the orders they were given? How did they feel about the orders to strike Hanoi?
Essay Topic 3
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)