|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
2. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
3. What happened when John McCain was five?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
5. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
2. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
3. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
4. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
5. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
6. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
7. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
8. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
9. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
10. What was Slew's military career like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Roberta McCain's talents helped Jack in his rise to success. What talents did he bring to the table? What made him so great?
Essay Topic 2
What was Roberta McCain and Jack McCain's relationship like? How did they meet, and how did her family feel about him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conditions John lived in at The Plantation. What was his daily schedule like? What was isolation like? How did he keep sane?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)