|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
2. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
3. In what area did John's interests lie?
4. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
5. Why did John go back to his old ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
2. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
3. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
4. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
7. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
8. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
9. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
10. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
Essay Topic 2
There are many examples in this book of different ways John McCain chose to have a good time rather than getting serious about life. Cite some examples of ways he got himself into trouble looking for fun.
Essay Topic 3
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)