|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught John how to command a ship?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
3. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
4. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
5. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
2. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
3. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
4. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
7. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
8. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
9. How did the prisoners react when they were told that they were allowed to go home?
10. What did Mike do that impressed John so much?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
Essay Topic 2
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 3
What did John do that made him a difficult prisoner for the Vietnamese?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)