|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
2. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
3. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
4. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
5. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
2. What was Slew's military career like?
3. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
4. What kind of fighter was Slew?
5. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
6. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
7. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
8. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
9. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
10. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what happened with the peace talks and the bombing raids. What did this mean to the prisoners? What did their captors try to tell them it meant? What was their reaction to their captors?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Roberta McCain's talents helped Jack in his rise to success. What talents did he bring to the table? What made him so great?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)