Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
4. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
4. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
6. When Henry Kissinger arrived in Hanoi, the Vietnamese offered to release John early. How did he respond to the offer? What did John think of his response?
7. At the bombings increased, how did the prisoners react? And how did it the Vietnamese react?
8. What did John do while he was in Army training?
9. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
10. What did Mike do that impressed John so much?
Essay Topic 1
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what happened with the peace talks and the bombing raids. What did this mean to the prisoners? What did their captors try to tell them it meant? What was their reaction to their captors?
Essay Topic 3
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)