Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
4. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
4. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
6. When Henry Kissinger arrived in Hanoi, the Vietnamese offered to release John early. How did he respond to the offer? What did John think of his response?
7. At the bombings increased, how did the prisoners react? And how did it the Vietnamese react?
8. What did John do while he was in Army training?
9. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
10. What did Mike do that impressed John so much?
Essay Topic 1
What was Operation Rolling Thunder, and how did pilots feel about the orders they were given? How did they feel about the orders to strike Hanoi?
Essay Topic 2
How did John's temper and anger issues continue to get him in trouble even after the Church Riot? How did his fellow prisoners try to help him? How did he feel about the trouble he caused them?
Essay Topic 3
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)