|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
2. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
4. Why did John go back to his old ways?
5. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
2. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
3. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
4. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
7. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
8. What kind of fighter was Slew?
9. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
10. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the experiences Jack had aboard the USS Gunnel. What danger did he and his men face? How did they overcome it? How close were they to death? What saved them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)