|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
2. What was John's term paper for history class about?
3. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
4. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
5. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
2. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
3. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
5. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
6. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
7. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
8. What kind of fighter was Slew?
9. What was Slew's military career like?
10. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
Essay Topic 2
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 3
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)