Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
4. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
4. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
6. When Henry Kissinger arrived in Hanoi, the Vietnamese offered to release John early. How did he respond to the offer? What did John think of his response?
7. At the bombings increased, how did the prisoners react? And how did it the Vietnamese react?
8. What did John do while he was in Army training?
9. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
10. What did Mike do that impressed John so much?
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
Describe the communication systems between prisoners and their families. How did they get real messages to each other? Was John any good at it? How did he feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
Describe how Roberta McCain's talents helped Jack in his rise to success. What talents did he bring to the table? What made him so great?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)