|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
2. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
3. Who was John's main teacher?
4. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
5. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
3. What kind of fighter was Slew?
4. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
5. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
6. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
7. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
8. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
9. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
10. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
Essay Topic 2
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
Essay Topic 3
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)