|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
2. Who was John's main teacher?
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
4. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
7. What was Slew's military career like?
8. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
9. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
10. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the feelings John had about finally going home. How did he feel toward his father? What was his physical condition? How were the soldiers treated when they landed?
Essay Topic 2
There are many examples in this book of different ways John McCain chose to have a good time rather than getting serious about life. Cite some examples of ways he got himself into trouble looking for fun.
Essay Topic 3
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)