|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
3. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
4. Who were John McCain's heroes?
5. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
4. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
7. What kind of fighter was Slew?
8. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
9. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
10. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the feelings John had about finally going home. How did he feel toward his father? What was his physical condition? How were the soldiers treated when they landed?
Essay Topic 2
What was Roberta McCain and Jack McCain's relationship like? How did they meet, and how did her family feel about him?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)