|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
2. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
3. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
4. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
5. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
2. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
3. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
5. What was Slew's military career like?
6. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
7. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
8. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
9. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
10. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Jack feel about his son and his son's captivity? How did the situation affect his role as a commander?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Roberta McCain's talents helped Jack in his rise to success. What talents did he bring to the table? What made him so great?
Essay Topic 3
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)