|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
3. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
4. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
5. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of fighter was Slew?
2. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
3. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
5. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
6. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
7. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
8. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
9. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
10. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the family history of the McCain men in relationship to war. Explain how this affected John McCain's upbringing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how the soldiers celebrated the Christmas season when John was in charge of the entertainment. How is this different from past Christmases?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)