|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
2. What happened when John McCain was five?
3. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
4. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
5. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
3. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
4. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
5. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
6. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
7. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
8. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
9. The Vietnamese captors were told that they couldn't use torture to coerce submission. How did they react to this edict?
10. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the communication systems between prisoners and their families. How did they get real messages to each other? Was John any good at it? How did he feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
Essay Topic 2
What was Operation Rolling Thunder, and how did pilots feel about the orders they were given? How did they feel about the orders to strike Hanoi?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Slew physically, mentally, and as a leader. How did he feel about war, and what did he do that made him so great in history?
This section contains 1,183 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)