|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
2. Why did John go back to his old ways?
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
4. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
5. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
2. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
3. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
4. What kind of fighter was Slew?
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
7. What was Slew's military career like?
8. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
9. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
10. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the feelings John had about finally going home. How did he feel toward his father? What was his physical condition? How were the soldiers treated when they landed?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jack's career. What awards and medals did he get? What kind of leader was he?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)