|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were John McCain's heroes?
2. What was a problem when John entered high school?
3. What job did John McCain's father have?
4. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
3. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
4. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
5. What kind of fighter was Slew?
6. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
7. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
8. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
9. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
10. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many examples in this book of different ways John McCain chose to have a good time rather than getting serious about life. Cite some examples of ways he got himself into trouble looking for fun.
Essay Topic 2
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the family history of the McCain men in relationship to war. Explain how this affected John McCain's upbringing.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)