|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack command during World War II?
2. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
3. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
4. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
5. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
2. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
3. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
4. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
5. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
6. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
7. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
8. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
9. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
10. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Roberta McCain's talents helped Jack in his rise to success. What talents did he bring to the table? What made him so great?
Essay Topic 2
John was in three serious plane accidents. Discuss all three of them, citing what happened to the planes and to John. What was the result of each of the accidents?
Essay Topic 3
How did John feel about education? Write about his schooling and highlight his strong areas as well as his weak areas.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)