|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
2. Who taught John how to command a ship?
3. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
4. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
5. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
2. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
3. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
4. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
5. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
6. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
7. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
8. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
9. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
10. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did John do that made him a difficult prisoner for the Vietnamese?
Essay Topic 2
John had one teacher who continued to knock him down and two teachers that really inspired him. Describe the experiences with Captain Ben Hart, Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll and William P. Ravenel, showing how they influenced John's' life.
Essay Topic 3
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)