|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
2. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
3. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
4. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
5. Why did John go back to his old ways?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
2. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
3. What was Slew's military career like?
4. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
5. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
6. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
7. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
8. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
9. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
10. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the feelings John had about finally going home. How did he feel toward his father? What was his physical condition? How were the soldiers treated when they landed?
Essay Topic 2
How did John's temper and anger issues continue to get him in trouble even after the Church Riot? How did his fellow prisoners try to help him? How did he feel about the trouble he caused them?
Essay Topic 3
Explain in great detail what type of leader Jack was. Include examples of how he worked with the troops under him.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)