|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) A photograph of his family..
(b) A map of Hanoi.
(c) A huge food basket.
(d) 500 wash rags.
2. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
(a) He didn't understand what they were about.
(b) He deeply resented the group.
(c) He thought they should look at their mission more carefully.
(d) He felt indebted to the group.
3. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Fly over the area sniping people.
(b) Scan the area for map-making.
(c) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(d) Bomb the harbor.
4. Where did John attend flight school?
5. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
(a) He said he wouldn't go out of turn.
(b) He taunted the other prisoners with his good fortune.
(c) He cheered.
(d) He said he'd never go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
2. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
3. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
4. What did John do while in solitary?
5. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
2. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
3. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
4. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
5. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
6. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
7. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
8. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
9. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
10. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)