|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
(a) He thought their actions were futile.
(b) He was angry at the Vietnamese.
(c) He sympathized with their situation.
(d) He wanted to kill himself.
2. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
(a) Battle strategies.
(b) Anti-American propaganda.
(c) Vietnamese maneuvers.
(d) Anything relating to his son and the other war prisoners.
3. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
(a) He was treated better than other prisoners.
(b) He was released.
(c) He was treated more harsly than other prisoners.
(d) He was able to eat with the enemy.
4. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
(a) A manger.
(b) A cross.
(c) His name.
(d) A swastika.
5. What happened when the enemy came near John?
(a) He evaded them and flew away.
(b) He continued forward to release his bombs.
(c) He shot them down.
(d) He panicked and froze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
2. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
3. What happened if they were caught communicating?
4. How did John feel during the months after the Vietnamese offered his release?
5. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)