|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With respect.
(c) With anger.
(d) With caution.
2. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
(a) Become an aircraft mechanic.
(b) Get to Vietnam.
(c) Take more flying lessons.
(d) Quit the military.
3. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He sent soldiers to free his son.
(b) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(c) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
4. Early releases told Jack that John about all of the following except what?
(a) He was brave.
(b) He was wounded.
(c) He signed a confession.
(d) He was now fine.
5. In late August, months after offering John an early release, what did the Vietnamese do?
(a) They made him write a letter to his father.
(b) They offered him a release again.
(c) They beat him brutally.
(d) They stopped feeding him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
2. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
3. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
4. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
5. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
2. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
3. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
4. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
5. What were communications like between John and his family?
6. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
7. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
8. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
9. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
10. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)