|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
(a) The Code of Conduct.
(b) The Navy Code.
(c) The American Creed.
(d) The Code of Honor.
2. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(b) Typing madly.
(d) Throwing things.
3. Early releases told Jack that John about all of the following except what?
(a) He signed a confession.
(b) He was wounded.
(c) He was brave.
(d) He was now fine.
4. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
(a) They stayed awake all night.
(b) They planned an escape.
(c) They sang songs and put on a play.
(d) They slept in peace.
5. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were given less food.
(b) Their beatings increased.
(c) They were treated better.
(d) They were denied outdoor privileges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened if they were caught communicating?
2. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
3. What happened when the enemy came near John?
4. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
5. How many children did Carol and John have?
Short Essay Questions
1. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
2. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
3. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
4. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
5. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
6. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
7. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
8. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
9. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
10. What were communications like between John and his family?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)