|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
(a) Over 80.
(b) He was the only one.
2. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) 500 wash rags.
(b) A map of Hanoi.
(c) A huge food basket.
(d) A photograph of his family..
3. How did John feel during the months after the Vietnamese offered his release?
(a) He was happy with his choice.
(b) He felt at peace.
(c) He lived in trepidation.
(d) He regretted his choice.
4. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
(b) They were told he was completely fine.
(c) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
(d) They were told he was dead.
5. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
(a) They stayed awake all night.
(b) They sang songs and put on a play.
(c) They slept in peace.
(d) They planned an escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John do while in solitary?
2. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
3. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
4. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
5. How did Bob react to John's actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
2. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
3. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
4. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
5. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
6. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
7. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
8. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
9. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
10. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)