|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(b) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(c) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(d) He talked about surviving on very little food.
2. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With anger.
(c) With respect.
(d) With caution.
3. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) No important information.
(b) He pretended to speak another language.
(c) He confessed everything.
(d) He didn't tell them anything.
4. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Bomb the harbor.
(b) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(c) Fly over the area sniping people.
(d) Scan the area for map-making.
5. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) His grades.
(b) His friendships.
(c) Getting married.
(d) His career.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John do to Bob?
2. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
3. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
4. Early releases told Jack that John about all of the following except what?
5. What happened when the enemy came near John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
2. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
3. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
4. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
5. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
6. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
7. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
8. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
9. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
10. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)