|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With caution.
(b) With respect.
(d) With anger.
2. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) He asked them to.
(b) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(c) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
(d) They didn't.
3. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
4. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
(a) It became surrounded by enemy ships.
(b) It sank.
(d) It was hit by a Sunni missile.
5. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
(a) As slaves.
(b) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
2. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
3. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
4. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
5. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
2. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
3. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
4. What were communications like between John and his family?
5. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
6. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
7. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
8. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
9. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
10. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)