|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late August, months after offering John an early release, what did the Vietnamese do?
(a) They stopped feeding him.
(b) They offered him a release again.
(c) They made him write a letter to his father.
(d) They beat him brutally.
2. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(a) Typing madly.
(d) Throwing things.
3. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Scan the area for map-making.
(b) Bomb the harbor.
(c) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(d) Fly over the area sniping people.
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
(a) He continued forward to release his bombs.
(b) He panicked and froze.
(c) He shot them down.
(d) He evaded them and flew away.
5. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Coburg.
(b) Operation Coronado II.
(c) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(d) Operation Jack Crack.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
2. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
3. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
4. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
5. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
2. What were communications like between John and his family?
3. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
4. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
5. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
6. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
7. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
8. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
9. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
10. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)