|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened if they were caught communicating?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) Thy received harsh punishment.
(d) They were killed.
2. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
(a) He thought they should look at their mission more carefully.
(b) He felt indebted to the group.
(c) He didn't understand what they were about.
(d) He deeply resented the group.
3. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
(b) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
(c) They had too many traumatic memories.
(d) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
4. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He was upset at how his family suffered.
(b) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
(c) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(d) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
5. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Pit.
(c) The Plantation.
(d) The Jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
2. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
3. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
4. What Operation did John participate in?
5. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
2. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
3. What were communications like between John and his family?
4. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
5. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
6. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
7. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
8. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
9. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
10. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)