|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
(a) For meals.
(b) For exercise.
(c) For interrogation.
(d) They were never allowed out of the cells.
2. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
(a) Washroom drains.
(b) In food.
(c) They didn't.
(d) In clothing.
3. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
(c) With respect.
(d) As slaves.
4. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Bomb the harbor.
(b) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(c) Scan the area for map-making.
(d) Fly over the area sniping people.
5. How many children did Carol and John have?
(b) They couldn't have any.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
2. What happened when the enemy came near John?
3. In late August, months after offering John an early release, what did the Vietnamese do?
4. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
5. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
2. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
3. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
4. What did John do while he was in Army training?
5. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
6. What happened when John realized he didn't have a wash rag after his punishment?
7. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
8. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
9. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
10. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)