|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
(b) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
(c) He separated from his unit and got lost.
(d) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
2. What happened when the enemy came near John?
(a) He panicked and froze.
(b) He continued forward to release his bombs.
(c) He shot them down.
(d) He evaded them and flew away.
3. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
(a) He thought that other ideas were ridiculous.
(b) He only listened to the officers under his command.
(c) He refused to listen to them.
(d) He was interested in hearing them and truly listened.
4. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
5. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(b) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(c) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(d) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
2. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
3. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
4. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
5. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
2. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
3. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
4. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
5. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
6. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
7. What were communications like between John and his family?
8. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
9. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
10. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)