|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(b) Operation Jack Crack.
(c) Operation Coronado II.
(d) Operation Coburg.
2. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
(a) She never sent any.
(b) The Vietnamese took the packages so John never received them.
(d) They came to him opened with items missing.
3. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(a) They were getting more privileges.
(b) Things were looking better.
(c) They were interrogated more frequently.
4. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
(a) He said he'd never go home.
(b) He said he wouldn't go out of turn.
(c) He cheered.
(d) He taunted the other prisoners with his good fortune.
5. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(b) He refused to sign.
(c) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(d) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
2. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
3. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
4. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
5. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
2. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
3. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
4. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
5. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
6. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
7. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
8. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
9. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
10. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)