|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
(a) They were never allowed out of the cells.
(b) For meals.
(c) For interrogation.
(d) For exercise.
2. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
(a) He thought they were stupid.
(b) He wished he had their bravery.
(c) They were like lanterns leading the way with their honor, courage, and faith.
(d) He was angry at them because everyone was punished for their thoughtless actions.
3. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) His career.
(b) His friendships.
(c) Getting married.
(d) His grades.
4. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told he was completely fine.
(b) They were told he was dead.
(c) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
(d) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
5. What did Johnny Apple write?
(a) That John had joined the enemy.
(b) That John was dead.
(c) That John was missing.
(d) That John never went on a mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
2. What did John think as he ejected from the plane over Hanoi?
3. What Operation did John participate in?
4. What caused John the most dismay?
5. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
2. What were communications like between John and his family?
3. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
4. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
5. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
6. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
7. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
8. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
9. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
10. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)