|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(a) Things were looking better.
(b) They were getting more privileges.
(c) They were interrogated more frequently.
2. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
(a) Navy families around her.
(b) A neighbor who was in love with her.
(c) John's parents.
3. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
(b) He was the only one.
(d) Over 80.
4. Early releases told Jack that John about all of the following except what?
(a) He was wounded.
(b) He was now fine.
(c) He signed a confession.
(d) He was brave.
5. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(b) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(c) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
(d) He was upset at how his family suffered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John think as he ejected from the plane over Hanoi?
2. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
3. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
5. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
2. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
3. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
4. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
5. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
6. What did John do while he was in Army training?
7. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
8. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
9. What was life in his imprisonment like after John refused to go home early?
10. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)