|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(a) Typing madly.
(c) Throwing things.
2. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told he was completely fine.
(b) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
(c) They were told he was dead.
(d) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
3. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
(a) Tell the truth about being a prisoner.
(b) Speak against the United States.
(d) Offer classified information.
4. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
(a) They were angry.
(b) They were frustrated.
(c) They refused to follow them.
(d) They thought the decisions were wise.
5. What happened if they were caught communicating?
(b) Thy received harsh punishment.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were ridiculed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
2. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
3. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
4. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
5. What happened when the enemy came near John?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
2. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
3. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
4. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
5. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
6. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
7. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
8. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
9. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
10. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)