|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) They had too many traumatic memories.
(b) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
(c) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
(d) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
2. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) Getting married.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His career.
(d) His grades.
3. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
(a) He didn't even think about his personal life.
(b) He worked the politics to his best personal advantage.
(c) He ignored orders if they went against his personal wishes.
(d) He didn't let his personal life interfere with the country's needs.
4. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(b) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(c) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(d) He talked about surviving on very little food.
5. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
(b) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
(c) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
(d) He separated from his unit and got lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
2. What information did John give his interrogators?
3. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
4. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
5. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were communications like between John and his family?
2. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
3. What did John do while he was in Army training?
4. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
5. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
6. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
7. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
8. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
9. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
10. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)