|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) No important information.
(b) He pretended to speak another language.
(c) He didn't tell them anything.
(d) He confessed everything.
2. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
(a) They slept in peace.
(b) They planned an escape.
(c) They sang songs and put on a play.
(d) They stayed awake all night.
3. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) On the USS Oriskany.
(b) In Hanoi.
(c) In a private ceremony in his living room.
(d) Back in the United States.
4. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(a) They were getting more privileges.
(b) Things were looking better.
(c) They were interrogated more frequently.
5. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) A map of Hanoi.
(b) 500 wash rags.
(c) A huge food basket.
(d) A photograph of his family..
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
2. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
3. What Operation did John participate in?
4. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
5. How did many of the prisoners communicate with their families?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
2. What were communications like between John and his family?
3. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
4. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
5. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
6. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
7. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
8. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
9. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
10. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)