|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(b) Things were looking better.
(c) They were interrogated more frequently.
(d) They were getting more privileges.
2. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
(a) Over 80.
(d) He was the only one.
3. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) They didn't.
(b) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(c) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
(d) He asked them to.
4. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
(a) It whetted his appetite for action.
(b) He was frustrated that they settled the situation peaceably.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He was angry that they had to waste their time there.
5. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) His career.
(b) Getting married.
(c) His friendships.
(d) His grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
2. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
3. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
4. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
5. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injuries did John receive from the inferno on the USS Forestall? How were his injuries compared to the others?
2. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
3. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
4. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
5. What happened when the three men were released in August of 1969?
6. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
7. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
8. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
9. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
10. What did John and his friends do for entertainment in Meridian, Mississippi? How did people react to what they had done?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)