|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) He asked them to.
(b) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
(c) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(d) They didn't.
2. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 months.
(d) An entire day.
3. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) On the USS Oriskany.
(b) In a private ceremony in his living room.
(c) In Hanoi.
(d) Back in the United States.
4. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) He decided that trusting God was useless.
(b) He started an uprising.
(c) He finally broke down and cried.
(d) He prayed for his family.
5. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
2. What did the Vietnamese plan to do with John's release?
3. How did John feel during the months after the Vietnamese offered his release?
4. What caused John the most dismay?
5. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. In October of 1962, John's squadron was ordered to fly their planes back to the carrier earlier than they had expected. They discovered that they might see some action. What happened with this, and how did John feel about it?
2. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
3. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
4. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
5. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
6. What were communications like between John and his family?
7. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
8. What did John do while he was in Army training?
9. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
10. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)