|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She died.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She became very ill.
(d) She ran off with another man.
2. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(b) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(c) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
(d) He was upset at how his family suffered.
3. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(b) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
(c) John had life easy thanks to his father.
(d) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
4. What did the Vietnamese plan to do with John's release?
(a) Shame his father.
(b) Kill him right before release.
(c) Renege on their offer.
(d) Kill him right after release.
5. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
(a) They sang songs and put on a play.
(b) They slept in peace.
(c) They stayed awake all night.
(d) They planned an escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
2. What did John do to Bob?
3. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
4. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
5. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John do while he was in Army training?
2. Why didn't John turn around when he was warned that the enemy was flying toward him?
3. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
4. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
5. What happened on Christmas Eve in 1968?
6. How did Jack show what he felt for his son while his son was a prisoner of war?
7. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
8. How did John feel after the wash rag incident, and what did he do about it?
9. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
10. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)