|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Army over Navy.
(b) Get an education.
(c) Win a medal.
(d) Choose Navy over Army.
2. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He thought it was easy.
(c) He thought it was challenging.
(d) He hated it.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He did not do well in school.
(b) He was average academically.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He was suspended for his grades.
4. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) An illuminated country flag.
(b) A red smoke signal rocket.
(c) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(d) A white flag.
5. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three cruisers.
(b) Three troops.
(c) Three submarines.
(d) Three battalions .
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
2. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
3. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
4. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
2. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
3. What were communications like between John and his family?
4. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
5. What was Slew's military career like?
6. What kind of fighter was Slew?
7. When Henry Kissinger arrived in Hanoi, the Vietnamese offered to release John early. How did he respond to the offer? What did John think of his response?
8. The Vietnamese captors were told that they couldn't use torture to coerce submission. How did they react to this edict?
9. How did John's father and grandfather talk about their war experiences after they were home?
10. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)