Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
(a) The Surface Navy.
(c) Naval Aviation.
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) National Defense Service Medal.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) The Legion of Merit.
(d) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was a partier.
(b) He was scorned.
(c) He was highly regarded.
(d) He was unknown.
4. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(a) The Dominican Republic.
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) One day.
(b) Half a day.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) Less than an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
3. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
4. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
5. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. What did the Air Force major talk to the trainees about, and how did John feel about him?
4. What did early releases tells Jack about his son, John?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
6. When Henry Kissinger arrived in Hanoi, the Vietnamese offered to release John early. How did he respond to the offer? What did John think of his response?
7. At the bombings increased, how did the prisoners react? And how did it the Vietnamese react?
8. What did John do while he was in Army training?
9. How was John's wife in danger back in the United States, and how did she take care of herself?
10. What did Mike do that impressed John so much?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)