|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was very average.
(b) He was tall yet slender.
(c) He was a small man.
(d) He was a very large man.
2. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(b) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
(c) He commanded a submarine.
(d) He became a pilot.
3. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three troops.
(b) Three submarines.
(c) Three battalions .
(d) Three cruisers.
4. What was a problem when John entered high school?
(a) His grades.
(b) His hearing.
(c) Making friends.
(d) His propensity for getting in trouble.
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He was average academically.
(b) He did not do well in school.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He was suspended for his grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
2. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
3. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
5. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
2. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
3. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
4. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
5. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
6. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
7. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
8. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
9. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
10. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)