|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
(c) He was killed by a man under his command.
(d) He died in battle.
2. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
3. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He was president of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(c) He was chairman of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(d) He was vice chairman for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
4. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A weak arm.
(b) Defective hearing.
(c) A limp.
(d) Poor eyesight.
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(b) It saved their lives.
(c) It showed their position.
(d) It aggravated the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
2. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
3. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
4. What was John's term paper for history class about?
5. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
2. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
4. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
5. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
6. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
7. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
8. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
9. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
10. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)