|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was scorned.
(b) He was highly regarded.
(c) He was unknown.
(d) He was a partier.
2. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
3. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(a) He hated all the subjects.
4. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
(a) No one.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr.
5. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
(a) Operation Balavegaya.
(b) Operation Camargue.
(c) Operation Chromite.
(d) Operation Steel Pike 1.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack command during World War II?
2. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
3. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
4. What job did John McCain's father have?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
2. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
3. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
4. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
5. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
6. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
7. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
8. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
9. What was Slew's military career like?
10. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)