|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A limp.
(b) A weak arm.
(c) Poor eyesight.
(d) Defective hearing.
2. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Navy Cross.
(b) Medal of Honor.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Purple Heart.
3. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) It didn't submerge.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 3,000 feet.
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He died in battle.
(c) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
(d) He was killed by a man under his command.
5. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(c) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was education for Navy families like?
2. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
4. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
5. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
3. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
4. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
5. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
6. What was Slew's military career like?
7. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
8. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
9. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
10. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)