|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(b) Once a month.
2. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He was obsessed with it.
(b) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(c) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(d) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
3. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It saved their lives.
(b) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(c) It aggravated the enemy.
(d) It showed their position.
4. What job did John McCain's father have?
(b) Naval Aviator.
(c) Aircraft carrier designer.
(d) Naval cartographer.
5. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A weak arm.
(b) Defective hearing.
(c) Poor eyesight.
(d) A limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
2. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
3. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
4. What was a problem when John entered high school?
5. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
2. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
3. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
4. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
5. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
6. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
7. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
8. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
9. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
10. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)