|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He loved it.
(c) He thought it was challenging.
(d) He thought it was easy.
2. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three battalions .
(b) Three cruisers.
(c) Three submarines.
(d) Three troops.
3. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
(a) John Sidney McCain Jr.
(b) John Laurence McCain.
(c) Slew McCain.
(d) John Sidney McCain III.
4. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It saved their lives.
(b) It showed their position.
(c) It aggravated the enemy.
(d) It was lost in the stormy waters.
5. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was a small man.
(b) He was tall yet slender.
(c) He was a very large man.
(d) He was very average.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
2. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
3. Who taught John how to command a ship?
4. What position did Jack assume in London?
5. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
2. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
3. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
4. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
5. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
6. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
7. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
8. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
9. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
10. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)