|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
(a) He went to a pre-training camp.
(b) He spent two weeks aboard ship.
(c) He went to a specialized tutoring school.
(d) He spent two weeks touring Europe.
2. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) More than a decade.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
3. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
4. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(c) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(d) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
5. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(b) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
(c) She was brilliant.
(d) She was impeccably neat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
2. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
3. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
4. What job did John McCain's father have?
5. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the interrogation sessions like? How did John feel about his time in the interrogation room?
2. What happened when the Vietnamese asked John if he wanted to go home early?
3. What happened when John was flying in Corpus Christi Bay? How was he feeling after the event?
4. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
5. What did Mike do that impressed John so much?
6. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
7. What kind of relationship did the prisoners have after the war?
8. Why was John's transfer to Camp Unity such a great experience?
9. What was John's punishment in Calcutta?
10. The Vietnamese captors were told that they couldn't use torture to coerce submission. How did they react to this edict?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)