|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) Less than an hour.
(b) One day.
(c) Half a day.
(d) They were completely out.
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He thought they were very inept.
(b) He was very close to them.
(c) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(d) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
(a) He never stepped out of uniform.
(b) He was notoriously disheveled.
(c) He was immaculate.
(d) He always wore the most current styles when he was out of uniform.
4. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They had a huge society wedding.
(b) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(c) They eloped.
(d) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
5. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Korean War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
3. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
4. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
5. What was education for Navy families like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
2. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
3. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
4. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
5. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
6. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
7. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
8. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
9. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
10. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)