|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(c) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
2. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
(a) Distinguished Service Medal.
(b) Medal of Honor.
(c) Navy Cross.
(d) Purple Heart.
3. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(d) Once a month.
4. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
(b) He felt like a failure.
(c) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(d) He was bullied and oppressed.
5. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She was impeccably neat.
(b) She was brilliant.
(c) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(d) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
2. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
3. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
4. This book offers a real account of what?
5. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
2. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
3. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
4. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
5. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
6. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
7. What was Slew's military career like?
8. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
9. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
10. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)