|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(b) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
(c) He thought it was a great story.
(d) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
2. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
(a) They did not respect him.
(b) They admired him.
(c) They were jealous of his relationship with the students.
(d) They ridiculed him.
3. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) His mother.
(c) The teachers at the public school.
(d) His father.
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(b) Like they get to see the world.
(c) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
(d) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
5. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) More than a decade.
(b) A week.
(c) A year.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
2. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
3. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
4. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
5. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
2. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
3. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
4. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
5. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
6. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
7. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
8. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
9. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
10. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)