|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) An illuminated country flag.
(b) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(c) A red smoke signal rocket.
(d) A white flag.
2. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) As a hero.
(b) A small man with a big heart.
(c) As a man who took life way too seriously.
(d) A man with varied interests.
3. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(b) He hated all the subjects.
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He did not do well in school.
(b) He was valedictorian.
(c) He was suspended for his grades.
(d) He was average academically.
5. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
(b) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(c) He felt like a failure.
(d) He was bullied and oppressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
2. Who were John McCain's heroes?
3. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
5. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the fighters on the USS Oriskany known for? Why was John on the ship?
2. What was John' s behavior like when he was a naval officer at the Academy? How did he act in relation to his work?
3. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
4. Why was Jack awarded the Legion of Merit?
5. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
6. What were some of the difficulties John had to face as a prisoner of war?
7. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
8. What was Slew's military career like?
9. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
10. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)