|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Army over Navy.
(b) Get an education.
(c) Choose Navy over Army.
(d) Win a medal.
2. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
(b) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(c) He felt like a failure.
(d) He was bullied and oppressed.
3. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He worked for the United Nations.
(b) He became a two-star general.
(c) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(d) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
4. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) His father.
(c) The teachers at the public school.
(d) His mother.
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He did not do well in school.
(b) He was suspended for his grades.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He was average academically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
2. Who were John McCain's heroes?
3. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
4. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
2. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
3. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
4. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
6. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
7. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
8. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
9. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
10. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)