|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did John McCain's father have?
(b) Naval cartographer.
(c) Naval Aviator.
(d) Aircraft carrier designer.
2. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Navy Cross.
(c) Medal of Honor.
(d) Distinguished Service Medal.
3. In what area did John's interests lie?
(c) Naval Aviation.
(d) The Surface Navy.
4. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) He was bullied and oppressed.
(b) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(c) He felt like a failure.
(d) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
5. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) More than a decade.
(b) A week.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when John McCain was five?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
3. This book offers a real account of what?
4. What position did Jack assume in London?
5. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
4. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
5. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
6. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
7. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
8. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
9. What kind of fighter was Slew?
10. What happened to the USS Gunnel?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)