|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
(a) World War I through World War II.
(b) The Civil War through World War II.
(c) The Revolution through World War I.
(d) World War I through the Vietnam War.
2. This book offers a real account of what?
(a) Pitfalls of politics.
(b) Triumphs of politics.
(c) Triumphs and pitfalls of military men.
(d) John McCain's father's experiences in a prison camp.
3. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) Half a day.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) One day.
4. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at the public school.
(b) His father.
(c) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(d) His mother.
5. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(c) He hated all the subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
2. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
3. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
4. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
2. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
3. What kind of fighter was Slew?
4. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
5. What was Slew's military career like?
6. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
7. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
8. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
9. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
10. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)