|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when John McCain was five?
(a) The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
(b) His brother went off to war.
(c) His grandfather died.
(d) His father died.
2. Who was John's main teacher?
(a) His mother.
(b) A priest.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(c) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
4. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(b) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(c) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
(d) He was obsessed with it.
5. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was scorned.
(b) He was highly regarded.
(c) He was unknown.
(d) He was a partier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
2. What job did John McCain's father have?
3. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
4. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
2. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
3. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
4. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
5. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
6. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
7. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
8. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
9. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
10. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)