|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was scorned.
(b) He was highly regarded.
(c) He was unknown.
(d) He was a partier.
2. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Jack McCain.
(b) Captain Ben Hart.
(c) Admiral Nimitz.
(d) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
3. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(b) The Dominican Republic.
4. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was a very large man.
(b) He was tall yet slender.
(c) He was a small man.
(d) He was very average.
5. How did those under John Sidney McCain Sr. view him?
(a) He was a born leader who garnered respect.
(b) They felt he was too autocratic.
(c) They thought he was weak.
(d) They didn't understand his decisions and felt he was just a partier who didn't take fighting seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
2. How did John McCain view his father?
3. In what area did John's interests lie?
4. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
5. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
2. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
3. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
4. What kind of fighter was Slew?
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
7. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
8. What was the Academy like in the summer before classes began?
9. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
10. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)