|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As a man who took life way too seriously.
(c) A small man with a big heart.
(d) A man with varied interests.
2. What job did John McCain's father have?
(a) Naval cartographer.
(c) Aircraft carrier designer.
(d) Naval Aviator.
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Navy over Army.
(b) Choose Army over Navy.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Win a medal.
4. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
(a) The Revolution through World War I.
(b) World War I through the Vietnam War.
(c) World War I through World War II.
(d) The Civil War through World War II.
5. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
(a) He spent two weeks touring Europe.
(b) He went to a specialized tutoring school.
(c) He spent two weeks aboard ship.
(d) He went to a pre-training camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was education for Navy families like?
2. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
3. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
4. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
2. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
3. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
4. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
5. What were some of Jack's inventions and innovations?
6. Why did John decide to become more responsible, what changed him back to his old ways?
7. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
8. How did the student who bullied John die later in their lives? How did John relate to him at his death?
9. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
10. Describe John's education before he went to the Academy.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)