|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Head to safety.
(b) Lower its flag.
(c) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(d) Open fire on Britain.
2. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Medal of Honor.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Navy Cross.
3. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They adored him.
(b) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(c) They tolerated him.
(d) They didn't appreciate him.
4. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He loved the challenge of the classes.
(b) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
(c) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
(d) He appreciated the structure.
5. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He worked for the United Nations.
(b) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(c) He became a two-star general.
(d) He was a teacher for the Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
3. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
4. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
5. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John end out getting a decent grade in history?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
3. What kind of personality did John have as he was attending school?
4. Describe what Jack was like as a commander.
5. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
6. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
7. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
8. What was Slew's military career like?
9. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
10. How did Captain Hart try to earn respect from others? Did it work?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)