|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
(a) He lost his steering controls.
(b) The engine quit.
(c) The landing gears were stuck.
(d) The rudder broke off.
2. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) Back in the United States.
(b) In Hanoi.
(c) In a private ceremony in his living room.
(d) On the USS Oriskany.
3. What did Johnny Apple write?
(a) That John never went on a mission.
(b) That John was dead.
(c) That John was missing.
(d) That John had joined the enemy.
4. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) An entire day.
5. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
6. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
(b) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
(c) They were told he was completely fine.
(d) They were told he was dead.
7. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
(a) Speak against the United States.
(c) Tell the truth about being a prisoner.
(d) Offer classified information.
8. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Coronado II.
(b) Operation Jack Crack.
(c) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(d) Operation Coburg.
9. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) They had too many traumatic memories.
(b) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
(c) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
(d) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
10. How did Bob react to John's actions?
(a) He told John he was forever indebted to him.
(b) He refused to talk with him.
(c) He responded in a humorous manner.
(d) He punched John.
11. How many children did Carol and John have?
(c) They couldn't have any.
12. How many planes on the USS Forrestal were destroyed?
(b) Over 20.
(d) Over 50.
13. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Bomb the harbor.
(b) Fly over the area sniping people.
(c) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(d) Scan the area for map-making.
14. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(b) He refused to sign.
(c) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(d) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
15. What did John do while in solitary?
(c) Yelled at the guards.
(d) Went on a starvation diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
2. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
3. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
4. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
5. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)