|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
(a) The Key Fess Yacht Club.
(b) An acting troupe.
(c) The Meridian Gospel Church.
(d) A band.
2. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(b) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
(c) He sent soldiers to free his son.
3. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
(a) He didn't question it. He just did what he was ordered to do without comment.
(b) He was frustrate and challenged Washington on it.
(c) He was embarrassed by his country's approach.
(d) He thought they were doing a good job.
4. What did John do while in solitary?
(a) Yelled at the guards.
(d) Went on a starvation diet.
5. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
(a) In clothing.
(b) They didn't.
(c) Washroom drains.
(d) In food.
6. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
(a) He ignored orders if they went against his personal wishes.
(b) He worked the politics to his best personal advantage.
(c) He didn't even think about his personal life.
(d) He didn't let his personal life interfere with the country's needs.
7. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
(a) A manger.
(b) A cross.
(c) His name.
(d) A swastika.
8. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) In a private ceremony in his living room.
(b) In Hanoi.
(c) On the USS Oriskany.
(d) Back in the United States.
9. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
(a) For meals.
(b) For interrogation.
(c) They were never allowed out of the cells.
(d) For exercise.
10. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With caution.
(b) With respect.
(c) With anger.
11. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) No important information.
(b) He didn't tell them anything.
(c) He pretended to speak another language.
(d) He confessed everything.
12. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(a) They were getting more privileges.
(b) They were interrogated more frequently.
(c) Things were looking better.
13. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
(a) He sympathized with their situation.
(b) He wanted to kill himself.
(c) He was angry at the Vietnamese.
(d) He thought their actions were futile.
14. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
(a) He was released.
(b) He was treated better than other prisoners.
(c) He was able to eat with the enemy.
(d) He was treated more harsly than other prisoners.
15. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
(a) Nowhere -- it was underwater.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Back to Pittsburgh.
(d) Back to Meridian.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
2. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
3. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
4. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
5. What did John do to Bob?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)