|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
(a) He was frustrate and challenged Washington on it.
(b) He didn't question it. He just did what he was ordered to do without comment.
(c) He thought they were doing a good job.
(d) He was embarrassed by his country's approach.
2. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
(b) Surviving in a POW camp.
(d) Evading the enemy.
3. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
(a) The Philippines.
(b) Back to Meridian.
(c) Back to Pittsburgh.
(d) Nowhere -- it was underwater.
4. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) A photograph of his family..
(b) A huge food basket.
(c) 500 wash rags.
(d) A map of Hanoi.
5. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(b) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(c) He refused to sign.
(d) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
6. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(b) Fly over the area sniping people.
(c) Scan the area for map-making.
(d) Bomb the harbor.
7. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
(b) They were told he was dead.
(c) They were told he was completely fine.
(d) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
8. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) Getting married.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His career.
(d) His grades.
9. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
10. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
(a) He was released.
(b) He was treated more harsly than other prisoners.
(c) He was treated better than other prisoners.
(d) He was able to eat with the enemy.
11. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(a) Throwing things.
(c) Typing madly.
12. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
(a) Quit the military.
(b) Get to Vietnam.
(c) Take more flying lessons.
(d) Become an aircraft mechanic.
13. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With respect.
(b) With caution.
(d) With anger.
14. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) On the USS Oriskany.
(b) Back in the United States.
(c) In Hanoi.
(d) In a private ceremony in his living room.
15. How many planes on the USS Forrestal were destroyed?
(c) Over 20.
(d) Over 50.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
2. What did John do to Bob?
3. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
4. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
5. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)