|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) A huge food basket.
(b) 500 wash rags.
(c) A map of Hanoi.
(d) A photograph of his family..
2. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
(a) He taunted the other prisoners with his good fortune.
(b) He said he wouldn't go out of turn.
(c) He cheered.
(d) He said he'd never go home.
3. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) A fellow soldier reminded him of how much God loved him.
(c) His family wrote to him.
(d) He was put into solitary confinement.
4. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
(a) He wanted to kill himself.
(b) He sympathized with their situation.
(c) He thought their actions were futile.
(d) He was angry at the Vietnamese.
5. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Plantation.
(c) The Pit.
(d) The Jail.
6. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
(a) The American Creed.
(b) The Code of Honor.
(c) The Code of Conduct.
(d) The Navy Code.
7. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) His grades.
(b) His friendships.
(c) Getting married.
(d) His career.
8. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) Their beatings increased.
(b) They were treated better.
(c) They were given less food.
(d) They were denied outdoor privileges.
9. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
(a) For exercise.
(b) For interrogation.
(c) They were never allowed out of the cells.
(d) For meals.
10. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
(a) Anti-American propaganda.
(b) Battle strategies.
(c) Anything relating to his son and the other war prisoners.
(d) Vietnamese maneuvers.
11. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He was upset at how his family suffered.
(b) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(c) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(d) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
12. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(b) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(c) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(d) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
13. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
(b) He separated from his unit and got lost.
(c) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
(d) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
14. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(a) Typing madly.
(c) Throwing things.
15. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
(a) Commander-in-Chief, Pacific.
(b) Three Star General, Atlantic.
(c) Commander-in-Chief, Atlantic.
(d) Three Star General, Pacific.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened if they were caught communicating?
2. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
3. How did Bob react to John's actions?
4. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
5. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)