|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
(a) The Code of Honor.
(b) The Code of Conduct.
(c) The Navy Code.
(d) The American Creed.
2. Where did John attend flight school?
3. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) 500 wash rags.
(b) A photograph of his family..
(c) A huge food basket.
(d) A map of Hanoi.
4. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) He started an uprising.
(b) He finally broke down and cried.
(c) He decided that trusting God was useless.
(d) He prayed for his family.
5. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
(a) Walk outside the gates.
(b) Call home.
(c) Eat all they wanted.
(d) Play ping-pong and pool.
6. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
(a) Evading the enemy.
(d) Surviving in a POW camp.
7. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(b) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(c) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(d) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
8. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(b) They were treated better.
(c) They were given less food.
(d) Their beatings increased.
9. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
(a) Speak against the United States.
(b) Offer classified information.
(c) Tell the truth about being a prisoner.
10. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
(a) He thought that other ideas were ridiculous.
(b) He only listened to the officers under his command.
(c) He refused to listen to them.
(d) He was interested in hearing them and truly listened.
11. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
(a) The Key Fess Yacht Club.
(b) The Meridian Gospel Church.
(c) An acting troupe.
(d) A band.
12. What happened if they were caught communicating?
(a) They were ridiculed.
(b) Thy received harsh punishment.
(d) They were killed.
13. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With anger.
(b) With respect.
(c) With caution.
14. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) A fellow soldier reminded him of how much God loved him.
(b) He was put into solitary confinement.
(c) His family wrote to him.
(d) He was beaten.
15. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
(a) The Vietnamese took the packages so John never received them.
(b) She never sent any.
(c) They came to him opened with items missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
2. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
3. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
4. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
5. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)