|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) He confessed everything.
(b) He pretended to speak another language.
(c) No important information.
(d) He didn't tell them anything.
2. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
(c) Talked non-stop.
(d) Asked them to leave him alone.
3. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Jack Crack.
(b) Operation Coburg.
(c) Operation Coronado II.
(d) Operation Rolling Thunder.
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
(a) He panicked and froze.
(b) He continued forward to release his bombs.
(c) He evaded them and flew away.
(d) He shot them down.
5. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
(b) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
(c) He separated from his unit and got lost.
(d) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
6. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She died.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She was in a car accident.
(d) She became very ill.
7. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
(a) He was released.
(b) He was able to eat with the enemy.
(c) He was treated better than other prisoners.
(d) He was treated more harsly than other prisoners.
8. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
(b) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
(c) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(d) John had life easy thanks to his father.
9. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
(a) He refused to listen to them.
(b) He only listened to the officers under his command.
(c) He was interested in hearing them and truly listened.
(d) He thought that other ideas were ridiculous.
10. How did John feel during the months after the Vietnamese offered his release?
(a) He regretted his choice.
(b) He lived in trepidation.
(c) He felt at peace.
(d) He was happy with his choice.
11. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
(b) Speak against the United States.
(c) Offer classified information.
(d) Tell the truth about being a prisoner.
12. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(b) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(c) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(d) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
13. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Scan the area for map-making.
(b) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(c) Fly over the area sniping people.
(d) Bomb the harbor.
14. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
(a) He thought they were stupid.
(b) He wished he had their bravery.
(c) He was angry at them because everyone was punished for their thoughtless actions.
(d) They were like lanterns leading the way with their honor, courage, and faith.
15. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
(b) She never sent any.
(c) They came to him opened with items missing.
(d) The Vietnamese took the packages so John never received them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
2. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
3. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
4. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
5. How did Bob react to John's actions?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)