|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
(a) Three Star General, Atlantic.
(b) Three Star General, Pacific.
(c) Commander-in-Chief, Atlantic.
(d) Commander-in-Chief, Pacific.
2. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
(b) It sank.
(c) It became surrounded by enemy ships.
(d) It was hit by a Sunni missile.
3. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
(a) They stayed awake all night.
(b) They sang songs and put on a play.
(c) They planned an escape.
(d) They slept in peace.
4. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) He confessed everything.
(b) No important information.
(c) He didn't tell them anything.
(d) He pretended to speak another language.
5. How did many of the prisoners communicate with their families?
(a) They wrote letters no-one else would read.
(b) On the telephone.
(c) Using codes.
(d) By telegraph.
6. What happened if they were caught communicating?
(a) Thy received harsh punishment.
(c) They were ridiculed.
(d) They were killed.
7. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
(a) Asked them to leave him alone.
(b) Talked non-stop.
8. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
(a) He was angry at them because everyone was punished for their thoughtless actions.
(b) He wished he had their bravery.
(c) They were like lanterns leading the way with their honor, courage, and faith.
(d) He thought they were stupid.
9. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
(a) They were angry.
(b) They refused to follow them.
(c) They thought the decisions were wise.
(d) They were frustrated.
10. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(b) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(c) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(d) He refused to sign.
11. What did John think as he ejected from the plane over Hanoi?
(a) He thought about his family.
(b) That he should followed his training.
(c) He thought the war was a nightmare.
(d) He couldn't think because he was unconscious.
12. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
(b) Speak against the United States.
(c) Offer classified information.
(d) Tell the truth about being a prisoner.
13. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
(a) With respect.
(b) As slaves.
14. Where did John attend flight school?
15. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were given less food.
(b) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(c) Their beatings increased.
(d) They were treated better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
2. What did John do to Bob?
3. What Operation did John participate in?
4. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
5. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)