|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
(a) They came to him opened with items missing.
(b) She never sent any.
(d) The Vietnamese took the packages so John never received them.
2. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(b) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(c) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(d) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
3. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) 500 wash rags.
(b) A huge food basket.
(c) A photograph of his family..
(d) A map of Hanoi.
4. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
(a) They refused to follow them.
(b) They thought the decisions were wise.
(c) They were frustrated.
(d) They were angry.
5. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
(a) A band.
(b) The Meridian Gospel Church.
(c) An acting troupe.
(d) The Key Fess Yacht Club.
6. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
(a) With respect.
(b) With anger.
(d) With caution.
7. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
(a) Eat all they wanted.
(b) Play ping-pong and pool.
(c) Call home.
(d) Walk outside the gates.
8. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
(b) With respect.
(c) As slaves.
9. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told he was dead.
(b) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
(c) They were told he was completely fine.
(d) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
10. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
(a) He thought that other ideas were ridiculous.
(b) He refused to listen to them.
(c) He only listened to the officers under his command.
(d) He was interested in hearing them and truly listened.
11. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(a) They were getting more privileges.
(b) Things were looking better.
(c) They were interrogated more frequently.
12. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
(a) The Code of Honor.
(b) The American Creed.
(c) The Code of Conduct.
(d) The Navy Code.
13. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) He decided that trusting God was useless.
(b) He finally broke down and cried.
(c) He prayed for his family.
(d) He started an uprising.
14. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
(b) He asked them to.
(c) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(d) They didn't.
15. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
(a) He didn't understand what they were about.
(b) He deeply resented the group.
(c) He felt indebted to the group.
(d) He thought they should look at their mission more carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
2. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
3. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
4. What happened if they were caught communicating?
5. What Operation did John participate in?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)