|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
(a) For meals.
(b) For interrogation.
(c) For exercise.
(d) They were never allowed out of the cells.
2. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
(a) He cheered.
(b) He said he wouldn't go out of turn.
(c) He taunted the other prisoners with his good fortune.
(d) He said he'd never go home.
3. What happened when the enemy came near John?
(a) He continued forward to release his bombs.
(b) He evaded them and flew away.
(c) He shot them down.
(d) He panicked and froze.
4. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(b) Operation Coburg.
(c) Operation Jack Crack.
(d) Operation Coronado II.
5. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) In a private ceremony in his living room.
(b) Back in the United States.
(c) In Hanoi.
(d) On the USS Oriskany.
6. Early releases told Jack that John about all of the following except what?
(a) He signed a confession.
(b) He was brave.
(c) He was wounded.
(d) He was now fine.
7. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
8. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She died.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She became very ill.
(d) She was in a car accident.
9. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(c) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
(d) He sent soldiers to free his son.
10. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
(a) A band.
(b) The Meridian Gospel Church.
(c) The Key Fess Yacht Club.
(d) An acting troupe.
11. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
(a) Bomb the thermal power plant.
(b) Bomb the harbor.
(c) Scan the area for map-making.
(d) Fly over the area sniping people.
12. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(b) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(c) He refused to sign.
(d) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
13. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
(b) They had too many traumatic memories.
(c) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
(d) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
14. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) He confessed everything.
(b) No important information.
(c) He didn't tell them anything.
(d) He pretended to speak another language.
15. What happened if they were caught communicating?
(a) Thy received harsh punishment.
(b) They were ridiculed.
(d) They were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
2. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
3. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
4. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
5. What did John do to Bob?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)