|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
(a) A manger.
(b) His name.
(c) A swastika.
(d) A cross.
2. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
(a) They attacked him.
(b) They helped him get up.
(c) They questioned him.
(d) They ran away from him.
3. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(c) He sent soldiers to free his son.
(d) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
4. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(c) Typing madly.
(d) Throwing things.
5. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
(b) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(c) He asked them to.
(d) They didn't.
6. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
(b) Surviving in a POW camp.
(d) Evading the enemy.
7. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
(b) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
(c) They had too many traumatic memories.
(d) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
8. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
(a) He wished he had their bravery.
(b) They were like lanterns leading the way with their honor, courage, and faith.
(c) He was angry at them because everyone was punished for their thoughtless actions.
(d) He thought they were stupid.
9. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
(a) Three Star General, Atlantic.
(b) Commander-in-Chief, Pacific.
(c) Commander-in-Chief, Atlantic.
(d) Three Star General, Pacific.
10. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
(a) He wanted to kill himself.
(b) He thought their actions were futile.
(c) He was angry at the Vietnamese.
(d) He sympathized with their situation.
11. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) He was beaten.
(b) His family wrote to him.
(c) He was put into solitary confinement.
(d) A fellow soldier reminded him of how much God loved him.
12. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
(b) It sank.
(c) It became surrounded by enemy ships.
(d) It was hit by a Sunni missile.
13. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(b) Operation Coburg.
(c) Operation Jack Crack.
(d) Operation Coronado II.
14. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
(a) Become an aircraft mechanic.
(b) Quit the military.
(c) Get to Vietnam.
(d) Take more flying lessons.
15. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
(a) He didn't let his personal life interfere with the country's needs.
(b) He didn't even think about his personal life.
(c) He worked the politics to his best personal advantage.
(d) He ignored orders if they went against his personal wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Vietnamese plan to do with John's release?
2. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
3. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
4. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
5. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)