|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did many of the prisoners communicate with their families?
(a) Using codes.
(b) By telegraph.
(c) On the telephone.
(d) They wrote letters no-one else would read.
2. How did Bob react to John's actions?
(a) He refused to talk with him.
(b) He told John he was forever indebted to him.
(c) He punched John.
(d) He responded in a humorous manner.
3. Where did John attend flight school?
4. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
(a) Play ping-pong and pool.
(b) Eat all they wanted.
(c) Walk outside the gates.
(d) Call home.
5. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
(a) He said he wouldn't go out of turn.
(b) He taunted the other prisoners with his good fortune.
(c) He cheered.
(d) He said he'd never go home.
6. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
(b) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(c) He sent soldiers to free his son.
7. What did Johnny Apple write?
(a) That John never went on a mission.
(b) That John was dead.
(c) That John had joined the enemy.
(d) That John was missing.
8. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She became very ill.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She died.
(d) She was in a car accident.
9. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He was upset at how his family suffered.
(b) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(c) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(d) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
10. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) A huge food basket.
(b) A photograph of his family..
(c) A map of Hanoi.
(d) 500 wash rags.
11. How did John feel during the months after the Vietnamese offered his release?
(a) He felt at peace.
(b) He was happy with his choice.
(c) He regretted his choice.
(d) He lived in trepidation.
12. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
(a) They came to him opened with items missing.
(b) The Vietnamese took the packages so John never received them.
(c) She never sent any.
13. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
(a) He sympathized with their situation.
(b) He wanted to kill himself.
(c) He was angry at the Vietnamese.
(d) He thought their actions were futile.
14. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) They had too many traumatic memories.
(b) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
(c) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
(d) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
15. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
2. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
3. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
4. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
5. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)