|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) No important information.
(b) He confessed everything.
(c) He didn't tell them anything.
(d) He pretended to speak another language.
2. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(b) They were given less food.
(c) Their beatings increased.
(d) They were treated better.
3. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
(a) The engine quit.
(b) He lost his steering controls.
(c) The rudder broke off.
(d) The landing gears were stuck.
4. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) He asked them to.
(b) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(c) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
(d) They didn't.
5. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
6. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
(a) They slept in peace.
(b) They stayed awake all night.
(c) They sang songs and put on a play.
(d) They planned an escape.
7. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
(a) The Plantation.
(b) The Pit.
(c) The Jail.
(d) The White House.
8. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
(a) A cross.
(b) His name.
(c) A swastika.
(d) A manger.
9. What did John do to Bob?
(a) He stole his washrag.
(b) He helped him escape.
(c) He took a beating for him.
(d) He gave him his own washrag when Bob was suffering.
10. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He refused to sign.
(b) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(c) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(d) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
11. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
(a) The Key Fess Yacht Club.
(b) The Meridian Gospel Church.
(c) An acting troupe.
(d) A band.
12. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
(a) He felt indebted to the group.
(b) He didn't understand what they were about.
(c) He thought they should look at their mission more carefully.
(d) He deeply resented the group.
13. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told he was completely fine.
(b) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
(c) They were told he was dead.
(d) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
14. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Coburg.
(b) Operation Jack Crack.
(c) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(d) Operation Coronado II.
15. How many children did Carol and John have?
(b) They couldn't have any.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John attend flight school?
2. How many planes on the USS Forrestal were destroyed?
3. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
4. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
5. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)