|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(b) Typing madly.
(d) Throwing things.
2. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
(a) Vietnamese maneuvers.
(b) Battle strategies.
(c) Anti-American propaganda.
(d) Anything relating to his son and the other war prisoners.
3. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
(a) It was hit by a Sunni missile.
(b) It sank.
(c) It became surrounded by enemy ships.
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
(a) He shot them down.
(b) He panicked and froze.
(c) He continued forward to release his bombs.
(d) He evaded them and flew away.
5. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(b) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
(c) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
(d) John had life easy thanks to his father.
6. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
(a) They didn't.
(b) In food.
(c) Washroom drains.
(d) In clothing.
7. What information did John give his interrogators?
(a) He didn't tell them anything.
(b) He confessed everything.
(c) No important information.
(d) He pretended to speak another language.
8. What happened to the packages John's wife sent?
(a) The Vietnamese took the packages so John never received them.
(c) They came to him opened with items missing.
(d) She never sent any.
9. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She became very ill.
(b) She ran off with another man.
(c) She died.
(d) She was in a car accident.
10. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
(a) They were never allowed out of the cells.
(b) For meals.
(c) For exercise.
(d) For interrogation.
11. What Operation did John participate in?
(a) Operation Coronado II.
(b) Operation Jack Crack.
(c) Operation Rolling Thunder.
(d) Operation Coburg.
12. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
(a) They were angry.
(b) They refused to follow them.
(c) They were frustrated.
(d) They thought the decisions were wise.
13. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
(a) He said he'd never go home.
(b) He cheered.
(c) He taunted the other prisoners with his good fortune.
(d) He said he wouldn't go out of turn.
14. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 months.
(c) An entire day.
(d) 3 weeks.
15. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
(b) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
(c) He separated from his unit and got lost.
(d) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
2. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
3. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
4. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
5. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)