|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
(a) World War II.
(b) Korean War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) Meritorious Service Medal.
(d) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
3. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
(a) John Laurence McCain.
(b) Slew McCain.
(c) John Sidney McCain III.
(d) John Sidney McCain Jr.
4. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(b) They didn't appreciate him.
(c) They adored him.
(d) They tolerated him.
5. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
(a) Naval cartographer.
(b) Aircraft carrier designer.
(d) Naval Aviator.
6. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(b) He thought they were very inept.
(c) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
(d) He was very close to them.
7. What was John's term paper for history class about?
(b) World War I.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) His grandfather.
8. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
(a) As a small man that lived large.
(b) As an autocratic presence.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a remote stranger.
9. This book offers a real account of what?
(a) Triumphs of politics.
(b) Pitfalls of politics.
(c) John McCain's father's experiences in a prison camp.
(d) Triumphs and pitfalls of military men.
10. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was tall yet slender.
(b) He was very average.
(c) He was a small man.
(d) He was a very large man.
11. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(b) Once a month.
12. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
(a) They ran his underwear up a flagpole.
(b) They reported him to the principal.
(c) Had his trunk sent to an Ivy League school instead of his ship.
(d) They beat him up.
13. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(b) The Dominican Republic.
14. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(a) He hated all the subjects.
15. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(b) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
(c) Like they get to see the world.
(d) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
2. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
3. Who taught John how to command a ship?
4. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
5. Who were John McCain's heroes?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)