|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(b) They had a huge society wedding.
(c) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(d) They eloped.
2. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He appreciated the structure.
(b) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
(c) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
(d) He loved the challenge of the classes.
3. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) A small man with a big heart.
(b) As a hero.
(c) As a man who took life way too seriously.
(d) A man with varied interests.
4. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was a partier.
(b) He was unknown.
(c) He was scorned.
(d) He was highly regarded.
5. This book offers a real account of what?
(a) Triumphs of politics.
(b) Pitfalls of politics.
(c) Triumphs and pitfalls of military men.
(d) John McCain's father's experiences in a prison camp.
6. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
(a) John Sidney McCain Sr.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) No one.
7. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(b) They didn't appreciate him.
(c) They tolerated him.
(d) They adored him.
8. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
(a) They were jealous of his relationship with the students.
(b) They did not respect him.
(c) They ridiculed him.
(d) They admired him.
9. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) A month.
(b) More than a decade.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
10. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It saved their lives.
(b) It aggravated the enemy.
(c) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(d) It showed their position.
11. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three submarines.
(b) Three battalions .
(c) Three troops.
(d) Three cruisers.
12. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
(a) John Sidney McCain Sr was missing, and the baby was alone.
(b) The house was a disaster.
(c) John Sidney McCain Sr was sleeping with his tiny grandson.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr was drunk.
13. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(b) He hated all the subjects.
14. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) Meritorious Service Medal.
(d) The Legion of Merit.
15. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) He was bullied and oppressed.
(b) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(c) He felt like a failure.
(d) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
2. What job did John McCain's father have?
3. Who were John McCain's heroes?
4. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)