|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when John McCain was five?
(a) His grandfather died.
(b) His brother went off to war.
(c) The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
(d) His father died.
2. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was told to share his command.
(b) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
(c) He was given a medal.
(d) He was promoted.
3. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(b) He was bullied and oppressed.
(c) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
(d) He felt like a failure.
4. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was very average.
(b) He was a very large man.
(c) He was tall yet slender.
(d) He was a small man.
5. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
(a) Naval Aviator.
(b) Aircraft carrier designer.
(d) Naval cartographer.
6. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(b) Lower its flag.
(c) Head to safety.
(d) Open fire on Britain.
7. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
(a) Operation Chromite.
(b) Operation Steel Pike 1.
(c) Operation Balavegaya.
(d) Operation Camargue.
8. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
(a) He always wore the most current styles when he was out of uniform.
(b) He was notoriously disheveled.
(c) He was immaculate.
(d) He never stepped out of uniform.
9. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He commanded a submarine.
(b) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(c) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
(d) He became a pilot.
10. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
11. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
(a) They greatly respected him.
(b) They were afraid of him.
(c) They thought he was a foolish leader.
(d) They thought he was wise, but too distant.
12. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
(a) He failed everything.
(b) He enjoyed some subjects.
(c) He kept skipping grades.
(d) He was a model student.
13. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(a) The Dominican Republic.
14. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(a) He hated all the subjects.
15. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) Defective hearing.
(b) A limp.
(c) A weak arm.
(d) Poor eyesight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
2. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
3. Who taught John how to command a ship?
4. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
5. This book offers a real account of what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)