|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
(a) He was a model student.
(b) He failed everything.
(c) He kept skipping grades.
(d) He enjoyed some subjects.
2. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
(a) Academic performance and lineage.
(b) Neatness and academic performance.
(c) Academic performance and grease grade.
(d) Grease grade and neatness.
3. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) No one.
(c) His best friend.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr.
4. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He was killed by a man under his command.
(b) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He died of old age.
6. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
(a) John Sidney McCain Sr was sleeping with his tiny grandson.
(b) John Sidney McCain Sr was drunk.
(c) The house was a disaster.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr was missing, and the baby was alone.
7. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The teachers at the public school.
8. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(b) He was obsessed with it.
(c) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
(d) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
9. What job did John McCain's father have?
(b) Naval Aviator.
(c) Naval cartographer.
(d) Aircraft carrier designer.
10. Who were John McCain's heroes?
(a) All Naval men.
(b) John Sidney McCain Jr. and Sr.
(c) All Marines.
(d) His ancestors back to the Revolution.
11. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(b) It saved their lives.
(c) It aggravated the enemy.
(d) It showed their position.
12. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
(a) Other Americans.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The British.
13. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(d) He hated all the subjects.
14. What was a problem when John entered high school?
(a) His hearing.
(b) His grades.
(c) His propensity for getting in trouble.
(d) Making friends.
15. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He loved the challenge of the classes.
(b) He appreciated the structure.
(c) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
(d) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
2. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
3. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
4. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)