|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
(a) He felt a connection since they both tried to please their fathers.
(b) He apologized to the bully and they became tentative friends.
(c) He realized he, too, had been a bully.
(d) They became close friends.
2. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was highly regarded.
(b) He was scorned.
(c) He was unknown.
(d) He was a partier.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He was killed by a man under his command.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
4. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
5. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) His father.
(c) The teachers at the public school.
(d) His mother.
6. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) More than a decade.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) A year.
7. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
8. Who were John McCain's heroes?
(a) All Naval men.
(b) John Sidney McCain Jr. and Sr.
(c) All Marines.
(d) His ancestors back to the Revolution.
9. What job did John McCain's father have?
(b) Naval Aviator.
(c) Naval cartographer.
(d) Aircraft carrier designer.
10. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
(a) He didn't like it, but thought there were times when a man had to fight.
(b) He hated it.
(c) It made him sad.
(d) He didn't know what to do with himself in times of peace.
11. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
(a) He was a stickler for the rules.
(b) He really cared about the students.
(c) He was a comedian as well as a teacher.
(d) He was a tyrant to all students.
12. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) One day.
(b) They were completely out.
(c) Less than an hour.
(d) Half a day.
13. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
(a) He hated it.
(b) He thought it was challenging.
(c) He thought it was easy.
(d) He loved it.
14. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Army over Navy.
(b) Choose Navy over Army.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Win a medal.
15. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(d) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
2. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
3. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
4. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
5. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)