Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
(a) The Surface Navy.
(c) Naval Aviation.
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) National Defense Service Medal.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) The Legion of Merit.
(d) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was a partier.
(b) He was scorned.
(c) He was highly regarded.
(d) He was unknown.
4. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(a) The Dominican Republic.
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) One day.
(b) Half a day.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) Less than an hour.
6. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They tolerated him.
(b) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(c) They didn't appreciate him.
(d) They adored him.
7. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) It sprung a leak.
(b) It was torpedoed.
(c) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
(d) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
8. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(b) She was brilliant.
(c) She was impeccably neat.
(d) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
9. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
10. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 3,000 feet.
(c) It didn't submerge.
(d) 300 feet.
11. Who was John's main teacher?
(a) A priest.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
12. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(b) He felt like a failure.
(c) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
(d) He was bullied and oppressed.
13. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He did not do well in school.
(b) He was suspended for his grades.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He was average academically.
14. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
(b) He was told to share his command.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was given a medal.
15. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
(a) He was vice chairman for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(b) He was a general.
(c) He was president of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(d) He was chairman of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
2. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
3. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)