|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was highly regarded.
(b) He was scorned.
(c) He was unknown.
(d) He was a partier.
2. How did those under John Sidney McCain Sr. view him?
(a) He was a born leader who garnered respect.
(b) They didn't understand his decisions and felt he was just a partier who didn't take fighting seriously.
(c) They felt he was too autocratic.
(d) They thought he was weak.
3. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She was impeccably neat.
(b) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(c) She was brilliant.
(d) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
4. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
(a) He was chairman of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(b) He was vice chairman for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(c) He was a general.
(d) He was president of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
5. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
(a) War strategies.
(c) Submarines and how they worked.
(d) Underwater communications.
6. Who were John McCain's heroes?
(a) All Naval men.
(b) John Sidney McCain Jr. and Sr.
(c) All Marines.
(d) His ancestors back to the Revolution.
7. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
(b) He was obsessed with it.
(c) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(d) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
8. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was a small man.
(b) He was a very large man.
(c) He was very average.
(d) He was tall yet slender.
9. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Navy Cross.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Medal of Honor.
(d) Distinguished Service Medal.
10. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
(b) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(c) He commanded a submarine.
(d) He became a pilot.
11. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
12. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) National Defense Service Medal.
(b) The Legion of Merit.
(c) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(d) Meritorious Service Medal.
13. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He was suspended for his grades.
(b) He did not do well in school.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He was average academically.
14. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They eloped.
(b) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(c) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(d) They had a huge society wedding.
15. What was John's term paper for history class about?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
3. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
4. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
5. How did John McCain view his father?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)