|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
(a) As a small man that lived large.
(b) As a remote stranger.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As an autocratic presence.
2. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(a) The Dominican Republic.
3. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
4. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) As a hero.
(b) A small man with a big heart.
(c) A man with varied interests.
(d) As a man who took life way too seriously.
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(b) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(c) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
6. What job did John McCain's father have?
(a) Naval Aviator.
(b) Aircraft carrier designer.
(c) Naval cartographer.
7. This book offers a real account of what?
(a) Triumphs and pitfalls of military men.
(b) John McCain's father's experiences in a prison camp.
(c) Pitfalls of politics.
(d) Triumphs of politics.
8. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Meritorious Service Medal.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(d) The Legion of Merit.
9. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) They were completely out.
(b) Half a day.
(c) Less than an hour.
(d) One day.
10. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It showed their position.
(b) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(c) It aggravated the enemy.
(d) It saved their lives.
11. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(b) He thought they were very inept.
(c) He was very close to them.
(d) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
12. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was a very large man.
(b) He was tall yet slender.
(c) He was a small man.
(d) He was very average.
13. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
(a) John Laurence McCain.
(b) John Sidney McCain Jr.
(c) John Sidney McCain III.
(d) Slew McCain.
14. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was highly regarded.
(b) He was scorned.
(c) He was unknown.
(d) He was a partier.
15. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Navy over Army.
(b) Choose Army over Navy.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Win a medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
3. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
5. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)