|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He became a two-star general.
(b) He worked for the United Nations.
(c) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(d) He was a teacher for the Academy.
2. What was education for Navy families like?
(b) Focused on global history.
(c) Focused on American history.
3. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
(a) They did not respect him.
(b) They admired him.
(c) They ridiculed him.
(d) They were jealous of his relationship with the students.
4. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) They were completely out.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) One day.
(d) Half a day.
5. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Distinguished Service Medal.
(c) Medal of Honor.
(d) Navy Cross.
6. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at the public school.
(b) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
(b) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(c) He was very close to them.
(d) He thought they were very inept.
8. What was a problem when John entered high school?
(a) Making friends.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His propensity for getting in trouble.
(d) His grades.
9. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Win a medal.
(c) Choose Navy over Army.
(d) Choose Army over Navy.
10. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(b) Like they get to see the world.
(c) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
(d) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
11. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(a) Once a month.
12. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was promoted.
(b) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
(c) He was told to share his command.
(d) He was given a medal.
13. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
(a) Underwater communications.
(b) War strategies.
(d) Submarines and how they worked.
14. In what area did John's interests lie?
(b) The Surface Navy.
(c) Naval Aviation.
15. Who was John's main teacher?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did John go back to his old ways?
2. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
3. What was John's term paper for history class about?
4. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)