|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
(a) He failed everything.
(b) He enjoyed some subjects.
(c) He kept skipping grades.
(d) He was a model student.
2. In what area did John's interests lie?
(b) Naval Aviation.
(c) The Surface Navy.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He was suspended for his grades.
(b) He was valedictorian.
(c) He did not do well in school.
(d) He was average academically.
4. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three battalions .
(b) Three troops.
(c) Three submarines.
(d) Three cruisers.
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He was very close to them.
(b) He thought they were very inept.
(c) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
(d) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
6. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(b) Once a month.
7. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(b) They eloped.
(c) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(d) They had a huge society wedding.
8. How did those under John Sidney McCain Sr. view him?
(a) They felt he was too autocratic.
(b) He was a born leader who garnered respect.
(c) They thought he was weak.
(d) They didn't understand his decisions and felt he was just a partier who didn't take fighting seriously.
9. What job did John McCain's father have?
(a) Naval cartographer.
(b) Naval Aviator.
(c) Aircraft carrier designer.
10. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
11. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
(a) They were afraid of him.
(b) They thought he was wise, but too distant.
(c) They greatly respected him.
(d) They thought he was a foolish leader.
12. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
(a) The house was a disaster.
(b) John Sidney McCain Sr was drunk.
(c) John Sidney McCain Sr was sleeping with his tiny grandson.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr was missing, and the baby was alone.
13. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(d) Meritorious Service Medal.
14. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
(a) He was a general.
(b) He was vice chairman for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(c) He was president of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
(d) He was chairman of for the delegation to the United Nations Military Staff Committee and Commander of the Eastern Sea Frontier and the Atlantic Reserve Fleet.
15. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(b) He commanded a submarine.
(c) He became a pilot.
(d) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
2. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
3. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
4. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)