|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
(a) Aircraft carrier designer.
(b) Naval Aviator.
(c) Naval cartographer.
2. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(d) The teachers at the public school.
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Army over Navy.
(b) Choose Navy over Army.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Win a medal.
4. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(c) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(d) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Meritorious Service Medal.
(b) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(c) The Legion of Merit.
(d) National Defense Service Medal.
6. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He was valedictorian.
(b) He was suspended for his grades.
(c) He did not do well in school.
(d) He was average academically.
7. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
(a) Navy Cross.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Medal of Honor.
8. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was tall yet slender.
(b) He was a small man.
(c) He was a very large man.
(d) He was very average.
9. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(d) He hated all the subjects.
10. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He died in battle.
(c) He was killed by a man under his command.
(d) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
11. Who were John McCain's heroes?
(a) All Naval men.
(b) His ancestors back to the Revolution.
(c) All Marines.
(d) John Sidney McCain Jr. and Sr.
12. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
(a) He was a comedian as well as a teacher.
(b) He was a tyrant to all students.
(c) He was a stickler for the rules.
(d) He really cared about the students.
13. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(b) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(c) He worked for the United Nations.
(d) He became a two-star general.
14. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
15. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He was very close to them.
(b) He thought they were very inept.
(c) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
(d) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's term paper for history class about?
2. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
3. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
4. What was a problem when John entered high school?
5. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)