|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) National Defense Service Medal.
(d) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
2. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
3. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(c) He hated all the subjects.
4. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(b) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(c) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
(d) He was obsessed with it.
5. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He commanded a submarine.
(b) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
(c) He became a pilot.
(d) He finished school and joined the Navy.
6. What was John's term paper for history class about?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) His grandfather.
7. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) More than a decade.
(b) A month.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
8. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
(a) They ran his underwear up a flagpole.
(b) Had his trunk sent to an Ivy League school instead of his ship.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They reported him to the principal.
9. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A limp.
(b) A weak arm.
(c) Defective hearing.
(d) Poor eyesight.
10. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They eloped.
(b) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(c) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(d) They had a huge society wedding.
11. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
(a) They thought he was wise, but too distant.
(b) They greatly respected him.
(c) They thought he was a foolish leader.
(d) They were afraid of him.
12. Who were John McCain's heroes?
(a) John Sidney McCain Jr. and Sr.
(b) His ancestors back to the Revolution.
(c) All Naval men.
(d) All Marines.
13. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Jack McCain.
(d) Captain Ben Hart.
14. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It showed their position.
(b) It aggravated the enemy.
(c) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(d) It saved their lives.
15. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
(a) No one.
(b) John Sidney McCain Sr.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) His best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a problem when John entered high school?
2. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
3. Why did John go back to his old ways?
4. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
5. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)