|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
(a) He spent two weeks aboard ship.
(b) He went to a pre-training camp.
(c) He spent two weeks touring Europe.
(d) He went to a specialized tutoring school.
2. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He loved the challenge of the classes.
(b) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
(c) He appreciated the structure.
(d) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Get an education.
(b) Choose Army over Navy.
(c) Choose Navy over Army.
(d) Win a medal.
4. What was education for Navy families like?
(a) Focused on American history.
(b) Focused on global history.
5. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
6. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They tolerated him.
(b) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(c) They didn't appreciate him.
(d) They adored him.
7. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He worked for the United Nations.
(b) He became a two-star general.
(c) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(d) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
8. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
(a) Operation Chromite.
(b) Operation Camargue.
(c) Operation Steel Pike 1.
(d) Operation Balavegaya.
9. What was John's term paper for history class about?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) His grandfather.
10. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
(b) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(c) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
(d) Like they get to see the world.
11. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A limp.
(b) Defective hearing.
(c) A weak arm.
(d) Poor eyesight.
12. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He thought they were very inept.
(b) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(c) He was very close to them.
(d) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
13. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
(a) He really cared about the students.
(b) He was a stickler for the rules.
(c) He was a comedian as well as a teacher.
(d) He was a tyrant to all students.
14. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) A month.
(b) More than a decade.
(c) A year.
(d) A week.
15. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(b) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(c) They had a huge society wedding.
(d) They eloped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
3. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)