Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
It was written to tell the story of the McCain men. It is a real account of the pitfalls and triumphs of the military men.
2. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
They had been raised for war for two centuries. This greatly influenced his own life.
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
He was a powerful commander who was highly respected by the men under him. He was very adept at fighting.
4. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
His wife threw him a welcome home party. At the party, he said he didn't feel well then he collapsed and died.
5. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
He was nine years old when his grandfather died. He didn't see his grandfather often, but his mother would always take pictures when they were altogether. He remembered him as a small man who lived large.
This section contains 2,507 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)