Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why was "Faith of My Fathers" written?
2. How were the men in McCain's family history connected to warfare?
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr like as a commander? What relationship did he have with the men serving under him?
4. What happened when John Sidney McCain Sr was 61 years old?
5. What was John McCain's relationship like with his grandfather?
6. What was Slew's military career like?
7. How had Slew changed professionally by World War II?
8. What kind of fighter was Slew?
9. How did Slew take care of his grandson?
10. What was Roberta Wright McCain's background? How did your parents feel about McCain?
11. How did John Sidney McCain Junior feel about the Naval Academy? What was his performance like there?
12. How did John Sidney McCain Junior and John Sidney McCain Senior change history in the Navy?
13. How did the Japanese attack of Pearl Harbor affect John McCain?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)