|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
(a) In a private ceremony in his living room.
(b) Back in the United States.
(c) On the USS Oriskany.
(d) In Hanoi.
2. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
(a) He thought it was easy.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He thought it was challenging.
(d) He loved it.
3. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Lower its flag.
(b) Head to safety.
(c) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(d) Open fire on Britain.
4. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He separated from his unit and got lost.
(b) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
(c) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
(d) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
5. What did the prisoners call the mayor of Hanoi's official residence?
(a) The Jail.
(b) The Plantation.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught John how to command a ship?
2. In late August, months after offering John an early release, what did the Vietnamese do?
3. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
4. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
5. How would John entertain the other soldiers?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)