|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did those under John Sidney McCain Sr. view him?
(a) He was a born leader who garnered respect.
(b) They thought he was weak.
(c) They didn't understand his decisions and felt he was just a partier who didn't take fighting seriously.
(d) They felt he was too autocratic.
2. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) A red smoke signal rocket.
(b) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(c) An illuminated country flag.
(d) A white flag.
3. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) He felt like a failure.
(b) He was bullied and oppressed.
(c) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(d) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
4. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) They didn't.
(b) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(c) He asked them to.
(d) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
5. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
(c) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(d) He sent soldiers to free his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Vietnamese soldiers banned from when dealing with the prisoners?
2. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
3. What Operation did John participate in?
4. What did John struggle with when he was back in solitary confinement?
5. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)