|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
(c) Evading the enemy.
(d) Surviving in a POW camp.
2. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
(b) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
(c) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(d) He thought it was a great story.
3. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(a) Throwing things.
(c) Typing madly.
4. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
(b) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
(c) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(d) John had life easy thanks to his father.
5. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were given less food.
(b) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(c) Their beatings increased.
(d) They were treated better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack command during World War II?
2. How did Pete react to John?
3. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
4. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
5. How did the soldiers feel about the increased bombing?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)