|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Meritorious Service Medal.
(b) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(c) The Legion of Merit.
(d) National Defense Service Medal.
2. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
(a) Everything he did.
(b) Wreaking major havoc.
(c) Minor infractions.
3. What did the soldiers call the camp Bud, Orson, and John were taken to?
(a) Skid Row.
(b) The Hilton.
(c) Camp Unity.
(d) The Plantation.
4. How did Pete react to John?
(a) He ignored John.
(b) He swore at him.
(c) He was kind and offered his bed.
(d) He spit in his face.
5. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(b) He was upset at how his family suffered.
(c) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
(d) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jack respond to the special invitation to see his son early?
2. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
3. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
4. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
5. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)