|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
(b) He was told to share his command.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was given a medal.
2. When was the last time bombs fell in Hanoi?
(a) They never bombed Hanoi.
(b) March of 1968.
(c) They fell constantly.
(d) It was a weekly occurrence.
3. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Jack McCain.
(b) Admiral Nimitz.
(c) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
(d) Captain Ben Hart.
4. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The British.
(d) Other Americans.
5. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(b) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(c) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(d) He talked about surviving on very little food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
3. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
4. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
5. How did Jack respond to the special invitation to see his son early?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)