|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He refused to sign.
(b) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(c) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(d) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
2. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
(a) He was treated better than other prisoners.
(b) He was able to eat with the enemy.
(c) He was released.
(d) He was treated more harsly than other prisoners.
3. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He appreciated the structure.
(b) He loved the challenge of the classes.
(c) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
(d) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
4. What had happened to films while John was imprisoned?
(a) They became very dark.
(b) They became more risque.
(c) They lost their draw.
(d) They were too expensive to go to.
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) Meritorious Service Medal.
(d) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the prisoners protest the Vietnamese attempt to used communication for propaganda?
2. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
3. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
4. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
5. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)