|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
(a) Operation Steel Pike 1.
(b) Operation Chromite.
(c) Operation Camargue.
(d) Operation Balavegaya.
2. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
(a) A photograph of his family..
(b) 500 wash rags.
(c) A map of Hanoi.
(d) A huge food basket.
3. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
(a) Back to Meridian.
(b) Back to Pittsburgh.
(c) Nowhere -- it was underwater.
(d) The Philippines.
4. What was the summer of 1969 like for John and the other prisoners?
(b) Things were looking better.
(c) They were interrogated more frequently.
(d) They were getting more privileges.
5. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
(b) It sprung a leak.
(c) It was torpedoed.
(d) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
2. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
3. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
4. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
5. What happened when John McCain was five?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)