|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) As a man who took life way too seriously.
(b) As a hero.
(c) A small man with a big heart.
(d) A man with varied interests.
2. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
(a) Submarines and how they worked.
(c) War strategies.
(d) Underwater communications.
3. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
(b) Navy families around her.
(c) A neighbor who was in love with her.
(d) John's parents.
4. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(b) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(c) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
5. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was given a medal.
(b) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was told to share his command.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
3. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
4. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
5. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)