|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
(a) He thought it was easy.
(b) He thought it was challenging.
(c) He loved it.
(d) He hated it.
2. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(b) A red smoke signal rocket.
(c) An illuminated country flag.
(d) A white flag.
3. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(b) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(c) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(d) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
4. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) One day.
(b) Half a day.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) Less than an hour.
5. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
(a) He only listened to the officers under his command.
(b) He refused to listen to them.
(c) He was interested in hearing them and truly listened.
(d) He thought that other ideas were ridiculous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
2. What did the soldiers do their first night in Camp Unity?
3. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
4. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
5. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)