|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(b) They were treated better.
(c) Their beatings increased.
(d) They were given less food.
2. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) His family wrote to him.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) A fellow soldier reminded him of how much God loved him.
(d) He was put into solitary confinement.
3. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
(a) They thought he was a foolish leader.
(b) They thought he was wise, but too distant.
(c) They greatly respected him.
(d) They were afraid of him.
4. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
(a) Academic performance and grease grade.
(b) Grease grade and neatness.
(c) Academic performance and lineage.
(d) Neatness and academic performance.
5. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
(b) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
(c) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(d) John had life easy thanks to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
2. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
3. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
4. How did John McCain view his father?
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)