|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
(a) In clothing.
(b) In food.
(c) They didn't.
(d) Washroom drains.
2. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(b) He commanded a submarine.
(c) He became a pilot.
(d) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
3. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) He felt like a failure.
(b) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(c) He was bullied and oppressed.
(d) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
4. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
(a) Eat all they wanted.
(b) Walk outside the gates.
(c) Call home.
(d) Play ping-pong and pool.
5. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(b) He refused to sign.
(c) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(d) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
3. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
4. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
5. What did John think as he ejected from the plane over Hanoi?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)