|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years was Jack active in the Navy before he retired?
2. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
(a) They thought he was wise, but too distant.
(b) They thought he was a foolish leader.
(c) They were afraid of him.
(d) They greatly respected him.
3. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
(a) He felt a connection since they both tried to please their fathers.
(b) He realized he, too, had been a bully.
(c) They became close friends.
(d) He apologized to the bully and they became tentative friends.
4. How many planes on the USS Forrestal were destroyed?
(b) Over 50.
(c) Over 20.
5. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) Getting married.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His career.
(d) His grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught John how to command a ship?
2. What was a problem when John entered high school?
3. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
4. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)