|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
(a) Academic performance and lineage.
(b) Academic performance and grease grade.
(c) Neatness and academic performance.
(d) Grease grade and neatness.
2. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) One day.
(b) They were completely out.
(c) Half a day.
(d) Less than an hour.
3. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) The teachers at the public school.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(a) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
(b) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(d) He sent soldiers to free his son.
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He was valedictorian.
(b) He was average academically.
(c) He was suspended for his grades.
(d) He did not do well in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
2. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
3. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
4. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
5. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)