|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
(a) Eat all they wanted.
(b) Walk outside the gates.
(c) Play ping-pong and pool.
(d) Call home.
2. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He was upset at how his family suffered.
(b) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(c) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(d) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
3. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
(b) He gave money to the Vietnamese.
(c) He wrote letters to the Vietnamese government.
(d) He sent soldiers to free his son.
4. What did John and his friends start up in Meridian, Mississippi?
(a) A band.
(b) The Key Fess Yacht Club.
(c) The Meridian Gospel Church.
(d) An acting troupe.
5. Where did John attend flight school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
2. Who taught John how to command a ship?
3. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
5. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)