|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(b) An illuminated country flag.
(c) A red smoke signal rocket.
(d) A white flag.
2. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(b) He thought it was a great story.
(c) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
(d) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
3. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
(b) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(c) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
(d) John had life easy thanks to his father.
4. What did John do during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
(a) He decided that trusting God was useless.
(b) He started an uprising.
(c) He prayed for his family.
(d) He finally broke down and cried.
5. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(c) Once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John respond when he was offered a chance to go home early?
2. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
3. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
4. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
5. What caused John the most dismay?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)