|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Medal of Honor.
(b) Navy Cross.
(c) Purple Heart.
(d) Distinguished Service Medal.
2. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(b) He became a two-star general.
(c) He worked for the United Nations.
(d) He was a teacher for the Academy.
3. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
(b) War strategies.
(c) Submarines and how they worked.
(d) Underwater communications.
4. What did John do to Bob?
(a) He stole his washrag.
(b) He gave him his own washrag when Bob was suffering.
(c) He helped him escape.
(d) He took a beating for him.
5. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She ran off with another man.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She became very ill.
(d) She died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
2. What did Jack command during World War II?
3. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
4. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
5. Who helped the family when John's wife was struggling?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)