|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
(a) Had his trunk sent to an Ivy League school instead of his ship.
(b) They reported him to the principal.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They ran his underwear up a flagpole.
2. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
(a) Get to Vietnam.
(b) Quit the military.
(c) Take more flying lessons.
(d) Become an aircraft mechanic.
3. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
(a) He was a stickler for the rules.
(b) He was a comedian as well as a teacher.
(c) He really cared about the students.
(d) He was a tyrant to all students.
4. What job did John McCain's father have?
(a) Naval cartographer.
(c) Naval Aviator.
(d) Aircraft carrier designer.
5. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) It sprung a leak.
(b) It was torpedoed.
(c) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
(d) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
3. What was John supposed to do in Hanoi on his mission?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
5. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)