|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
(b) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(c) He thought they were very inept.
(d) He was very close to them.
2. What was John's term paper for history class about?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) His grandfather.
3. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) As a hero.
(b) A small man with a big heart.
(c) A man with varied interests.
(d) As a man who took life way too seriously.
4. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(b) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
(c) He commanded a submarine.
(d) He became a pilot.
5. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He thought it was a great story.
(b) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(c) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
(d) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
2. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
3. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
4. How many planes on the USS Forrestal were destroyed?
5. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)