|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He refused to sign.
(b) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(c) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(d) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
2. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(b) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
(c) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(d) He talked about surviving on very little food.
3. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
(a) The Germans.
(b) Other Americans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The British.
4. Why did John go back to his old ways?
(a) Captain Hart put him at the bottom of the class.
(b) He was bullied and oppressed.
(c) He wanted to prove something to his father.
(d) He felt like a failure.
5. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
(a) He was frustrated that they settled the situation peaceably.
(b) It whetted his appetite for action.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He was angry that they had to waste their time there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the USS Forrestal?
2. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
3. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
4. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
5. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)