|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It showed their position.
(b) It saved their lives.
(c) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(d) It aggravated the enemy.
2. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
(a) The Philippines.
(b) Back to Meridian.
(c) Back to Pittsburgh.
(d) Nowhere -- it was underwater.
3. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Choose Army over Navy.
(b) Choose Navy over Army.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Win a medal.
4. Early releases told Jack that John about all of the following except what?
(a) He was now fine.
(b) He was brave.
(c) He was wounded.
(d) He signed a confession.
5. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
(b) She was brilliant.
(c) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(d) She was impeccably neat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
2. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
3. How did Jack react to wartime situations that became personal?
4. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
5. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)