|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Open fire on Britain.
(b) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(c) Lower its flag.
(d) Head to safety.
2. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(b) She was brilliant.
(c) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
(d) She was impeccably neat.
3. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He thought it was a great story.
(b) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
(c) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(d) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
4. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
(a) John Sidney McCain Jr.
(b) John Sidney McCain III.
(c) John Laurence McCain.
(d) Slew McCain.
5. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) Poor eyesight.
(b) A weak arm.
(c) Defective hearing.
(d) A limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
2. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
3. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
4. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
5. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)