|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) More than a decade.
(d) A year.
2. Where was the ship taken for repairs?
(a) Nowhere -- it was underwater.
(b) The Philippines.
(c) Back to Meridian.
(d) Back to Pittsburgh.
3. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Lower its flag.
(b) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(c) Open fire on Britain.
(d) Head to safety.
4. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
(a) He greatly respected them.
(b) He thought they were ignorant.
(c) He was frustrated with them.
(d) He loved them, but didn't think they were well trained.
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(c) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
2. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
3. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
4. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
5. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)