|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A limp.
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) Defective hearing.
(d) A weak arm.
2. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
(a) He was frustrated with them.
(b) He loved them, but didn't think they were well trained.
(c) He greatly respected them.
(d) He thought they were ignorant.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
(b) He was killed by a man under his command.
(c) He died in battle.
(d) He died of old age.
4. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(b) The Legion of Merit.
(c) National Defense Service Medal.
(d) Meritorious Service Medal.
5. This book offers a real account of what?
(a) Triumphs of politics.
(b) John McCain's father's experiences in a prison camp.
(c) Triumphs and pitfalls of military men.
(d) Pitfalls of politics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
2. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
3. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
5. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)