|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) It didn't submerge.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 50 feet.
(d) 3,000 feet.
2. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
(a) He was frustrated with them.
(b) He thought they were ignorant.
(c) He loved them, but didn't think they were well trained.
(d) He greatly respected them.
3. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) National Defense Service Medal.
(d) The Legion of Merit.
4. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(b) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(c) He worked for the United Nations.
(d) He became a two-star general.
5. What was a problem when John entered high school?
(a) His grades.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His propensity for getting in trouble.
(d) Making friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's term paper for history class about?
2. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
4. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
5. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)