|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
(a) Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Vietnam War.
2. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(b) He became a two-star general.
(c) He worked for the United Nations.
(d) He was a teacher for the Academy.
3. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
(a) He was frustrated with them.
(b) He greatly respected them.
(c) He loved them, but didn't think they were well trained.
(d) He thought they were ignorant.
4. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
(a) They were jealous of his relationship with the students.
(b) They ridiculed him.
(c) They admired him.
(d) They did not respect him.
5. What was a problem when John entered high school?
(a) His propensity for getting in trouble.
(b) Making friends.
(c) His hearing.
(d) His grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
2. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
3. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
4. In what area did John's interests lie?
5. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)