|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(b) He worked for the United Nations.
(c) He became a two-star general.
(d) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
2. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
(a) They ran his underwear up a flagpole.
(b) Had his trunk sent to an Ivy League school instead of his ship.
(c) They beat him up.
(d) They reported him to the principal.
3. What job did John McCain's father have?
(a) Naval cartographer.
(b) Aircraft carrier designer.
(d) Naval Aviator.
4. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
(a) He realized he, too, had been a bully.
(b) He apologized to the bully and they became tentative friends.
(c) He felt a connection since they both tried to please their fathers.
(d) They became close friends.
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(d) Meritorious Service Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
2. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
3. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
4. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
5. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)