|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He was average academically.
(b) He was suspended for his grades.
(c) He was valedictorian.
(d) He did not do well in school.
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(b) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(c) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(b) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
(c) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(d) He was obsessed with it.
4. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was told to share his command.
(b) He was given a medal.
(c) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
(d) He was promoted.
5. What was education for Navy families like?
(a) Focused on global history.
(c) Focused on American history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when John McCain was five?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
3. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
4. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
5. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)