|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) Defective hearing.
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) A weak arm.
(d) A limp.
2. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) It didn't submerge.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) 300 feet.
(d) 3,000 feet.
3. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
(b) It sprung a leak.
(c) It was torpedoed.
(d) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
4. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
(a) They became close friends.
(b) He realized he, too, had been a bully.
(c) He apologized to the bully and they became tentative friends.
(d) He felt a connection since they both tried to please their fathers.
5. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(d) He hated all the subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
2. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
3. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
4. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)