|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Jack McCain.
(c) Captain Ben Hart.
(d) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
2. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) Defective hearing.
(b) A weak arm.
(c) Poor eyesight.
(d) A limp.
3. What did Captain Hart give John demerits for?
(a) Everything he did.
(b) Wreaking major havoc.
(c) Minor infractions.
4. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(b) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(c) He was obsessed with it.
(d) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
5. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(b) They eloped.
(c) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(d) They had a huge society wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
2. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
3. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
4. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
5. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)