|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
(b) He appreciated the structure.
(c) He loved the challenge of the classes.
(d) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
(b) It was torpedoed.
(c) It sprung a leak.
(d) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
3. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(b) He worked for the United Nations.
(c) He became a two-star general.
(d) He was a teacher for the Academy.
4. Who were John McCain's heroes?
(a) All Marines.
(b) John Sidney McCain Jr. and Sr.
(c) His ancestors back to the Revolution.
(d) All Naval men.
5. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) A red smoke signal rocket.
(b) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(c) An illuminated country flag.
(d) A white flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did those under John Sidney McCain Sr. view him?
2. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
3. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
4. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)