|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
(b) It sprung a leak.
(c) It was torpedoed.
(d) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
2. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(b) He became a pilot.
(c) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
(d) He commanded a submarine.
3. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He died in battle.
(b) He died of old age.
(c) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
(d) He was killed by a man under his command.
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(d) National Defense Service Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when John McCain was five?
2. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
3. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
4. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
5. Jack was knowledgable and resourceful about what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)