|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He appreciated the structure.
(b) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
(c) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
(d) He loved the challenge of the classes.
2. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) Less than an hour.
(b) One day.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) Half a day.
3. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
(b) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(c) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
(d) Like they get to see the world.
4. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
(a) Academic performance and grease grade.
(b) Academic performance and lineage.
(c) Grease grade and neatness.
(d) Neatness and academic performance.
5. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was highly regarded.
(b) He was unknown.
(c) He was a partier.
(d) He was scorned.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
3. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
4. This book offers a real account of what?
5. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)