|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) The Legion of Merit.
(b) Meritorious Service Medal.
(c) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(d) National Defense Service Medal.
2. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It aggravated the enemy.
(b) It saved their lives.
(c) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(d) It showed their position.
3. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They didn't appreciate him.
(b) They tolerated him.
(c) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(d) They adored him.
4. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three troops.
(b) Three submarines.
(c) Three cruisers.
(d) Three battalions .
5. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(b) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
(c) He was obsessed with it.
(d) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
2. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
3. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
4. In what area did John's interests lie?
5. What job did John McCain's father have?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)