|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was given a medal.
(b) He was told to share his command.
(c) He was promoted.
(d) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
2. What was education for Navy families like?
(b) Focused on global history.
(d) Focused on American history.
3. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was unknown.
(b) He was highly regarded.
(c) He was scorned.
(d) He was a partier.
4. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They eloped.
(b) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(c) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(d) They had a huge society wedding.
5. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(b) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
(c) Like they get to see the world.
(d) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
2. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
3. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
5. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)