|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stood by John Sidney McCain Jr.'s side at the wedding?
(a) His best friend.
(b) No one.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr.
2. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
(a) He went to a pre-training camp.
(b) He spent two weeks aboard ship.
(c) He went to a specialized tutoring school.
(d) He spent two weeks touring Europe.
3. How did John McCain view his father?
(a) A man with varied interests.
(b) A small man with a big heart.
(c) As a man who took life way too seriously.
(d) As a hero.
4. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
(a) He commanded a submarine.
(b) He finished school and joined the Navy.
(c) He became a pilot.
(d) He commanded all the land-based aircraft operations in the South Pacific for five months
5. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
(a) Win a medal.
(b) Choose Army over Navy.
(c) Get an education.
(d) Choose Navy over Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
2. What job did John McCain's father have?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
5. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)