|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She was brilliant.
(b) She was impeccably neat.
(c) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(d) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about fighting?
(a) It made him sad.
(b) He didn't know what to do with himself in times of peace.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He didn't like it, but thought there were times when a man had to fight.
3. Where did Jack go before he went to the Academy?
(a) He went to a pre-training camp.
(b) He spent two weeks aboard ship.
(c) He went to a specialized tutoring school.
(d) He spent two weeks touring Europe.
4. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
(a) They eloped.
(b) They had a small ceremony with just immediate relatives.
(c) They didn't invite family - just friends.
(d) They had a huge society wedding.
5. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Medal of Honor.
(b) Navy Cross.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Purple Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did people mourn for John Sidney McCain Sr .after his death?
2. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
3. This book offers a real account of what?
4. John Sidney McCain Sr. was the first McCain to do what?
5. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)