|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
(b) Naval cartographer.
(c) Naval Aviator.
(d) Aircraft carrier designer.
2. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They adored him.
(b) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(c) They tolerated him.
(d) They didn't appreciate him.
3. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A weak arm.
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) A limp.
(d) Defective hearing.
4. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
(a) As a small man that lived large.
(b) As an autocratic presence.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a remote stranger.
5. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
(a) He was very average.
(b) He was a very large man.
(c) He was a small man.
(d) He was tall yet slender.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
3. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
4. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
5. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)