Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface - Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(c) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
2. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
(b) Once a month.
3. How did John McCain remember his grandfather?
(a) As an autocratic presence.
(b) As a remote stranger.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a small man that lived large.
4. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
(a) He did not do well in school.
(b) He was valedictorian.
(c) He was suspended for his grades.
(d) He was average academically.
5. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Medal of Honor.
(c) Navy Cross.
(d) Distinguished Service Medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
3. How many Distinguished Service Medals did John Sidney McCain Sr. receive during World War II?
4. What did John Sidney McCain Sr do in the Second World War?
5. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)