|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
(a) He kept skipping grades.
(b) He enjoyed some subjects.
(c) He failed everything.
(d) He was a model student.
2. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
(a) He thought they should look at their mission more carefully.
(b) He didn't understand what they were about.
(c) He felt indebted to the group.
(d) He deeply resented the group.
3. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
(a) They thought the decisions were wise.
(b) They were angry.
(c) They were frustrated.
(d) They refused to follow them.
4. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
(a) Three Star General, Pacific.
(b) Commander-in-Chief, Pacific.
(c) Commander-in-Chief, Atlantic.
(d) Three Star General, Atlantic.
5. In late August, months after offering John an early release, what did the Vietnamese do?
(a) They beat him brutally.
(b) They made him write a letter to his father.
(c) They stopped feeding him.
(d) They offered him a release again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was John's main teacher?
2. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
3. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
4. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
5. How were the prisoners treated up to the end of 1969?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)