|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jack command during World War II?
(a) Three battalions .
(b) Three submarines.
(c) Three cruisers.
(d) Three troops.
2. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
(a) A limp.
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) Defective hearing.
(d) A weak arm.
3. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
(a) World War I through the Vietnam War.
(b) World War I through World War II.
(c) The Civil War through World War II.
(d) The Revolution through World War I.
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
(b) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(c) Like they get to see the world.
(d) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
5. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Head to safety.
(b) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(c) Open fire on Britain.
(d) Lower its flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amphibious assault did Jack command?
2. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
3. What was education for Navy families like?
4. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
5. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)