|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
(c) Captain Ben Hart.
(d) Jack McCain.
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
(a) Navy & Marine Corps Achievement Medal.
(b) National Defense Service Medal.
(c) The Legion of Merit.
(d) Meritorious Service Medal.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. die?
(a) He died of old age.
(b) He was killed by a man under his command.
(c) He collapsed at his welcome home celebration.
(d) He died in battle.
4. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(b) The Dominican Republic.
5. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Lower its flag.
(b) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(c) Head to safety.
(d) Open fire on Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John McCain view his father?
2. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
3. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
4. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
5. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)