|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) It was torpedoed.
(b) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
(c) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
(d) It sprung a leak.
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
(b) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(c) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
3. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
(d) The Dominican Republic.
4. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Open fire on Britain.
(b) Lower its flag.
(c) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(d) Head to safety.
5. What was a problem when John entered high school?
(a) Making friends.
(b) His hearing.
(c) His grades.
(d) His propensity for getting in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did John McCain's father have?
2. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
4. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)