|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was John's main teacher?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A priest.
(d) His mother.
2. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
(a) She was brilliant.
(b) She had natural charm, beauty, and social graces.
(c) She knew the inner-workings of the Navy.
(d) She was impeccably neat.
3. How did John Sidney McCain Jr. feel about the Navy?
(a) He felt like joining it was a necessary chore.
(b) He was obsessed with it.
(c) He thought it was the best of all the poor choices.
(d) He felt is was slightly more interesting than the Army.
4. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
(a) They ran his underwear up a flagpole.
(b) They beat him up.
(c) Had his trunk sent to an Ivy League school instead of his ship.
(d) They reported him to the principal.
5. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
(a) He felt a connection since they both tried to please their fathers.
(b) He realized he, too, had been a bully.
(c) They became close friends.
(d) He apologized to the bully and they became tentative friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
2. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
3. How did John Sidney McCain Sr. do in school?
4. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
5. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)