|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
(a) The house was a disaster.
(b) John Sidney McCain Sr was missing, and the baby was alone.
(c) John Sidney McCain Sr was drunk.
(d) John Sidney McCain Sr was sleeping with his tiny grandson.
2. How did John Sidney McCain Sr feel about the men who served under him?
(a) He felt as if he didn't know them enough.
(b) He thought they were very inept.
(c) He deliberately kept himself distant from them since he was a commander not a friend.
(d) He was very close to them.
3. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The teachers at the public school.
4. What medal did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for his courage and leadership in the Guadalcanal campaign?
(a) Distinguished Service Medal.
(b) Medal of Honor.
(c) Navy Cross.
(d) Purple Heart.
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(b) It saved their lives.
(c) It showed their position.
(d) It aggravated the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical handicap almost kept John Sidney McCain Sr. from serving?
2. What two factors contribute to a student's class standing?
3. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
4. What position did Jack assume in London?
5. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)