|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was John different from his father and grandfather scholastically?
(a) He failed everything.
(b) He was a model student.
(c) He enjoyed some subjects.
(d) He kept skipping grades.
2. What was John's term paper for history class about?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
3. How did John feel about the Academy after the school year really began?
(a) He loved the challenge of the classes.
(b) He loved the camaraderie of the upperclassmen and the easy-to-follow rules.
(c) He appreciated the structure.
(d) He didn't like the academics and was often in trouble.
4. How did Roberta McCain's parents feel about John Sidney McCain Jr.?
(a) They didn't appreciate him.
(b) They tolerated him.
(c) They felt he would be a great leader one day.
(d) They adored him.
5. How old was John McCain when his grandfather died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
2. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
3. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
4. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
5. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)