|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He thought it was a great story.
(b) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
(c) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(d) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
2. What happened after John Sidney McCain Sr. made a decision during a typhoon?
(a) He was given a medal.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He was told to share his command.
(d) He was ordered to relinquish his command.
3. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
(a) Aircraft carrier designer.
(b) Naval cartographer.
(d) Naval Aviator.
4. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Captain Ben Hart.
(c) Jack McCain.
(d) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
5. According to John McCain III, how do children of sailors feel?
(a) They want to be just like their fathers and don't think of other career options.
(b) Like they get to see the world.
(c) They don't see their fathers much, but they understand why and are proud.
(d) Angry at the government for taking their fathers away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
2. Why did John go back to his old ways?
3. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
4. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)