|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation did John Sidney McCain Sr. have while serving on the USS Ohio and the USS Baltimore?
(a) He was highly regarded.
(b) He was unknown.
(c) He was scorned.
(d) He was a partier.
2. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) One day.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) Half a day.
3. What was the result of having a famous father for John?
(a) He was treated better than other prisoners.
(b) He was treated more harsly than other prisoners.
(c) He was able to eat with the enemy.
(d) He was released.
4. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
(a) Asked them to leave him alone.
(d) Talked non-stop.
5. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
(a) He talked about the importance of the code talking.
(b) He talked about his experiences as a POW.
(c) He talked about surviving on very little food.
(d) He talked about how they managed to evade the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did John McCain's grandfather have?
2. Where did John attend flight school?
3. "Faith of My Fathers" is about all the following men except for which one?
4. What happened when the enemy came near John?
5. Where was John Sidney McCain Jr. stationed when John Sidney McCain Sr. first met his grandson?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)