|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
(a) Tell the truth about being a prisoner.
(c) Speak against the United States.
(d) Offer classified information.
2. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) 50 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 3,000 feet.
(d) It didn't submerge.
3. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(b) He worked for the United Nations.
(c) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(d) He became a two-star general.
4. What happened to the USS Gunnel as it headed toward Scotland?
(a) It sprung a leak.
(b) It was torpedoed.
(c) It had an incredibly smooth trip.
(d) The engines malfunctioned while enemies chased them.
5. How did John relate to the bully later in life?
(a) He realized he, too, had been a bully.
(b) They became close friends.
(c) He apologized to the bully and they became tentative friends.
(d) He felt a connection since they both tried to please their fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did John McCain see his grandfather?
2. What was education for Navy families like?
3. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
4. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)