|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr.'s appearance like?
(a) He always wore the most current styles when he was out of uniform.
(b) He was immaculate.
(c) He never stepped out of uniform.
(d) He was notoriously disheveled.
2. What did Johnny Apple write?
(a) That John had joined the enemy.
(b) That John never went on a mission.
(c) That John was dead.
(d) That John was missing.
3. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) 3,000 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) It didn't submerge.
(d) 50 feet.
4. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(b) The teachers at the public school.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) They were completely out.
(b) Less than an hour.
(c) Half a day.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the officers feel about Captain Ben Hart?
2. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
3. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
4. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
5. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)