|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(b) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(c) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(d) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
2. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He was a teacher for the Academy.
(b) He worked for the United Nations.
(c) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(d) He became a two-star general.
3. Strategies from which wars are included in this book?
(a) The Civil War through World War II.
(b) The Revolution through World War I.
(c) World War I through World War II.
(d) World War I through the Vietnam War.
4. What award did John Sidney McCain Sr. get for fighting to save damaged destroyers?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Navy Cross.
(c) Distinguished Service Medal.
(d) Medal of Honor.
5. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It showed their position.
(b) It aggravated the enemy.
(c) It saved their lives.
(d) It was lost in the stormy waters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strength did McCain's mother have that helped the family?
2. Why did John go back to his old ways?
3. What did John do when he joined the other soldiers after solitary?
4. What was Roberta and John Sidney McCain Jr's wedding like?
5. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)