|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the pilots feel about the orders they were given?
(a) They refused to follow them.
(b) They were angry.
(c) They thought the decisions were wise.
(d) They were frustrated.
2. What was John Sidney McCain Sr. supposed to avoid doing with his grandson?
(a) He wasn't supposed to watch his grandson alone.
(b) He was supposed to avoid all talk of war around his grandson.
(c) He wasn't supposed to talk with his grandson.
(d) He wasn't supposed to coddle his grandson.
3. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
(a) 3,000 feet.
(b) 50 feet.
(c) It didn't submerge.
(d) 300 feet.
4. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
(a) They ran away from him.
(b) They questioned him.
(c) They helped him get up.
(d) They attacked him.
5. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He thought it was easy.
(d) He thought it was challenging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
2. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
3. What was John Sidney McCain Jr.'s physique like when he left the Academy?
4. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
5. What did John Sidney McCain Jr. and his wife find when they came home from their dinner date?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)