|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(c) He hated all the subjects.
2. What did the signal from the USS Gunnel do?
(a) It was lost in the stormy waters.
(b) It showed their position.
(c) It aggravated the enemy.
(d) It saved their lives.
3. What did Johnny Apple write?
(a) That John never went on a mission.
(b) That John was dead.
(c) That John had joined the enemy.
(d) That John was missing.
4. How much oxygen did the USS Gunnel have when it resurfaced after being deeply submerged when the Japanese were around?
(a) Less than an hour.
(b) One day.
(c) They were completely out.
(d) Half a day.
5. What signal did the USS Gunnel send out?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A Morse Code message with light beams.
(c) A red smoke signal rocket.
(d) An illuminated country flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened if they were caught communicating?
2. Where did the prisoners leave messages for each other?
3. What caused John the most dismay?
4. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
5. How did Jack feel about the way America was fighting the Vietnam War?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)