|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
(a) He hated all the subjects.
2. Who taught John how to command a ship?
(a) Admiral Nimitz.
(b) Captain Ben Hart.
(c) Jack McCain.
(d) Lieutenant Commander Eugene Carroll.
3. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
(a) They found out his father was an Admiral.
(b) They didn't.
(c) He asked them to.
(d) It was common protocol for prisoners of war.
4. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
(a) Three Star General, Pacific.
(b) Commander-in-Chief, Pacific.
(c) Commander-in-Chief, Atlantic.
(d) Three Star General, Atlantic.
5. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
(a) As slaves.
(b) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jack ask to have his change of command ceremony?
2. Who was John's main teacher?
3. What health issue did John first struggle with when he roomed with Bud?
4. How did John feel during the months after the Vietnamese offered his release?
5. What happened after John's actions during the Christmas Eve service in 1968?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)