|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about his actions regarding the bully?
(a) He wished he were slightly meaner.
(b) He bragged about the incident to all who would listen.
(c) He thought it was a great story.
(d) He felt they weren't honorable and regretted doing the deed.
2. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
(a) They were like lanterns leading the way with their honor, courage, and faith.
(b) He was angry at them because everyone was punished for their thoughtless actions.
(c) He wished he had their bravery.
(d) He thought they were stupid.
3. What position did Jack assume in London?
(a) He worked for the United Nations.
(b) He became a two-star general.
(c) He assumed command of all the US naval forces in Europe.
(d) He was a teacher for the Academy.
4. What did John get more serious about during his second cruise on the USS Intrepid?
(a) His career.
(b) His friendships.
(c) His grades.
(d) Getting married.
5. How did John feel about the Committee of Liaison with Families of Servicemen Detained in North Vietnam?
(a) He felt indebted to the group.
(b) He deeply resented the group.
(c) He didn't understand what they were about.
(d) He thought they should look at their mission more carefully.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
2. What did John send to Bob the first Christmas they were free?
3. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
4. What did Johnny Apple write?
5. What happened when the enemy came near John?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)