|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Open fire on Britain.
(b) Head to safety.
(c) Lower its flag.
(d) Head to Pearl Harbor.
2. How many Americans were prisoners with John?
(b) He was the only one.
(c) Over 80.
3. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
(b) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
(c) They had too many traumatic memories.
(d) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
4. How many children did Carol and John have?
(c) They couldn't have any.
5. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) The teachers at the public school.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
Short Answer Questions
1. How deep did the USS Gunnel submerge when surrounded by the seven Japanese freighters?
2. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
3. Why were prisoners taken out of their cells?
4. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
5. What did Jack do to ensure his son's release?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)