|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were John's parents informed regarding his situation?
(a) They were told that he was gravely injured, yet would survive.
(b) They were told he was completely fine.
(c) They were told that he was gravely injured and would probably die.
(d) They were told he was dead.
2. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(b) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
(c) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
(d) He was upset at how his family suffered.
3. How many planes on the USS Forrestal were destroyed?
(a) Over 50.
(c) Over 20.
4. How did Jack feel about the men serving under him?
(a) He loved them, but didn't think they were well trained.
(b) He was frustrated with them.
(c) He greatly respected them.
(d) He thought they were ignorant.
5. In late August, months after offering John an early release, what did the Vietnamese do?
(a) They made him write a letter to his father.
(b) They offered him a release again.
(c) They stopped feeding him.
(d) They beat him brutally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnny Apple write?
2. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
3. What was John's term paper for history class about?
4. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
5. What happened if they were caught communicating?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)