|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped prepare John for the Academy?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The teachers at Episcopal High School.
(d) The teachers at the public school.
2. What were the prisoners able to do by April of 1969?
(a) Eat all they wanted.
(b) Walk outside the gates.
(c) Play ping-pong and pool.
(d) Call home.
3. What did the Americans who were released in August tell the world?
(a) The Vietnamese actually favored the American prisoners.
(b) John had life easy thanks to his father.
(c) The Vietnamese propaganda was accurate.
(d) The Vietnamese did not treat prisoners well.
4. What caused John the most dismay?
(a) He didn't want to disappoint his father.
(b) He didn't like seeing his fellow soldiers ill.
(c) He was upset at how his family suffered.
(d) He wished he could show the Vietnamese that he was really a fine man.
5. What trouble did John get into in Spain?
(a) He flew too low and knocked over some power lines.
(b) He separated from his unit and got lost.
(c) He inadvertently insulted a chief commander in Spain.
(d) He was arrested for public drunkeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
2. What Army exercises in training did John excel in?
3. Who was John's main teacher?
4. What was Captain Ben Hart known for?
5. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)