|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what area did John's interests lie?
(b) The Surface Navy.
(d) Naval Aviation.
2. How did Jack respond to the opinions of those under his command?
(a) He thought that other ideas were ridiculous.
(b) He was interested in hearing them and truly listened.
(c) He refused to listen to them.
(d) He only listened to the officers under his command.
3. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
(a) Three Star General, Atlantic.
(b) Three Star General, Pacific.
(c) Commander-in-Chief, Atlantic.
(d) Commander-in-Chief, Pacific.
4. How did John feel about signing a statement of confession?
(a) He did it, and regretted the action for his whole life.
(b) He said he would sign if the other prisoners did, too.
(c) He knew his signature meant nothing since it was under duress so he signed without hesitation.
(d) He refused to sign.
5. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
(a) Open fire on Britain.
(b) Lower its flag.
(c) Head to Pearl Harbor.
(d) Head to safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John think as he ejected from the plane over Hanoi?
2. Who almost blasted the USS Gunnel?
3. What did Jack command during World War II?
4. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
5. What did Johnny Apple write?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)