|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) They were given less food.
(b) Their beatings increased.
(c) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(d) They were treated better.
2. Jack's mom told John after the war that she would hear Jack doing what in his study?
(c) Typing madly.
(d) Throwing things.
3. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
(a) The landing gears were stuck.
(b) He lost his steering controls.
(c) The engine quit.
(d) The rudder broke off.
4. After John ejected from his plane, what we he even more determined to do?
(a) Quit the military.
(b) Get to Vietnam.
(c) Become an aircraft mechanic.
(d) Take more flying lessons.
5. How many children did Carol and John have?
(b) They couldn't have any.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the USS Gunnel supposed to do after its mission?
2. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
3. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
4. Why did the Vietnamese take John to the hospital?
5. What award did Jack receive after his work on the amphibious assault?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)