|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the soldiers who tried to escape and participated in forms of resistance?
(a) He was angry at them because everyone was punished for their thoughtless actions.
(b) He thought they were stupid.
(c) He wished he had their bravery.
(d) They were like lanterns leading the way with their honor, courage, and faith.
2. What did John do while in solitary?
(b) Yelled at the guards.
(c) Went on a starvation diet.
3. Jack served as second in command on the USS St. Paul in which war?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Korean War.
(d) World War II.
4. What did the guard draw in the dirt at Christmas?
(a) A cross.
(b) A manger.
(c) His name.
(d) A swastika.
5. What was education for Navy families like?
(a) Focused on global history.
(d) Focused on American history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
2. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
3. What position did Jack have in NY in 1965?
4. What did Jack command during World War II?
5. How did John feel about the Academy when he first arrived there?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)