|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jake and Slew find difficult when they talked about war experiences to elementary students?
(a) It was difficult remembering all that happened.
(b) They had too many traumatic memories.
(c) They had a hard time keeping their language clean.
(d) They had to mentally sort out the confidential information.
2. How did the men serving under Jack feel about him?
(a) They greatly respected him.
(b) They were afraid of him.
(c) They thought he was a foolish leader.
(d) They thought he was wise, but too distant.
3. What did Jack keep on file that only those closest to him knew about?
(a) Vietnamese maneuvers.
(b) Anything relating to his son and the other war prisoners.
(c) Anti-American propaganda.
(d) Battle strategies.
4. How were the American prisoners treated after the three Americans were released and told their story?
(a) Their beatings increased.
(b) They were given less food.
(c) They were denied outdoor privileges.
(d) They were treated better.
5. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
(c) As slaves.
(d) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What protocol did the American Prisoners of War follow?
2. What did the Frenchman who interviewed John want him to do?
3. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
4. What was one of John's favorite subjects in school?
5. What did the Air Force major say to John about his time in Korea?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)