|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John feel about the Vietnamese' actions in the August after he was offered an early release?
(a) He wanted to kill himself.
(b) He was angry at the Vietnamese.
(c) He sympathized with their situation.
(d) He thought their actions were futile.
2. What happened to John's plane when he was in Corpus Christi Bay?
(a) The engine quit.
(b) He lost his steering controls.
(c) The rudder broke off.
(d) The landing gears were stuck.
3. How did John feel when his chance of action didn't come to fruition?
(a) He was relieved.
(b) He was frustrated that they settled the situation peaceably.
(c) It whetted his appetite for action.
(d) He was angry that they had to waste their time there.
4. What did the Vietnamese do when he landed?
(a) They ran away from him.
(b) They attacked him.
(c) They questioned him.
(d) They helped him get up.
5. What happened to John's wife while he was in the Hilton?
(a) She was in a car accident.
(b) She died.
(c) She became very ill.
(d) She ran off with another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did John have to stay in a small room as punishment?
2. What did John and his friends do to the bully in retaliation?
3. What position was John's father assuming when John was offered freedom?
4. How did the Vietnamese want people to think they treated the prisoners?
5. In what area did John's interests lie?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)