* John McCain explains why he worked together with Mark Salter to write this memoir.
* McCain talks about the difficulties faced when writing the book as well as the purpose of the book.
* John Sidney McCain Senior and John McKinney McCain Junior are introduced.
* John Sidney McCain Senior is an adept fighter who thrives in wartime.
* At his welcome home celebration, he dies.
* The author relates a previously unreported incident in which his grandfather had been asked to relinquish his command.
* John defines his relationship with his grandfather.
* John is affected by his grandfather's career as he grows up.
* Slew had a rough start to his career.
* He shaped up.
* Slew is a commander in the Second World War.
* He is awarded several medals for his deeds.
* He is considered a great leader by those under him and the world in general.
* He is mourned long...
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)