Preface - Chapter 6
• John McCain explains why he worked together with Mark Salter to write this memoir.
• McCain talks about the difficulties faced when writing the book as well as the purpose of the book.
• John Sidney McCain Senior and John McKinney McCain Junior are introduced.
• John Sidney McCain Senior is an adept fighter who thrives in wartime.
• At his welcome home celebration, he dies.
• The author relates a previously unreported incident in which his grandfather had been asked to relinquish his command.
• John defines his relationship with his grandfather.
• John is affected by his grandfather's career as he grows up.
• Slew had a rough start to his career.
• He shaped up.
• Slew is a commander in the Second World War.
• He is awarded several medals for his deeds.
• He is considered a great leader by those under him and the world in general.
• He is mourned long...
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)