|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Faber ask Montag to do on his way home from their first meeting?
(a) Get some rest for the fight ahead
(b) Withdraw money from his bank account
(c) Spy on the firehouse
(d) Write out a plan for reproducing books
2. What did Faber invent for secret communication?
(a) A listening ear bud
(b) A code tapping system
(c) An electronic reader
(d) A recording devise
3. Whose house is scheduled to be burned at the end of Part Two?
4. Which Book does Montag take a special interest in and bring to Faber’s house?
(a) Romeo and Juliet
(b) War and Peace
(c) An American History textbook
(d) The Bible
5. Whose image do advertisers use to sell products?
(b) No one’s. Images in advertising are banned
(c) The Firemen’s
(d) The President’s
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mildred’s guest react to the poem?
2. Where is Mrs. Phelps' husband?
3. The next morning, how does Montag feel about his confrontation with Mildred about the poem?
4. What did a cousin once bet Montag a dime he couldn’t do?
5. According to Faber, what don’t people need to be happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Montag reads through the illegal books, what sound adds urgency to his search?
2. Where does Montag hide the illegal books after revealing them to Mildred, and why?
3. What does Mildred do when the fire trucks arrive at her house in the beginning of Section Three?
4. What is significant about the telephone conversation that pulls Mildred away from Montag and the books?
5. What does Faber feel is an inevitable truth, and how does his belief affect Montag’s plan?
6. How does Beatty want Montag to destroy his home?
7. What reason does Montag give Faber for his sudden decision to stop burning books?
8. How does Montag feel as he watches his house burn down?
9. On the phone, how does Faber react to Montag’s request about the books?
10. What information was used to turn Montag in to the authorities, and where did it come from?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)