|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montag steal from the attic book owner’s home?
(a) A purse
(b) A photograph
(c) A book
(d) A necklace
2. If Montag wants to talk to Faber, what does he realize he must do?
(a) Turn himself in to the police
(b) Leave his wife
(c) Wear a disguise
(d) Take a train to Faber's house
3. How does Montag react to Clarisse's question?
(a) He is confused by her inquiry
(b) He is disturbed by it
(c) He thinks it's none of her business
(d) He is happy to answer
4. How did Clarisse die?
(a) She died in a house fire
(b) She was poisoned
(c) She drowned
(d) She was run over by a car
5. What is one thing Montag thinks Mildred needs to understand to be happy in life?
(a) Why she tried to kill herself
(b) His relationship with Clarisse
(c) Why the television personalities are not real
(d) Why the government is suppressing knowledge
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following causes increased paranoia for Montag?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Montag struggles to understand?
3. What passes overhead that makes Montag feel urgency about his mission to understand?
4. What does Montag think about before he goes to sleep on the night of the accident?
5. How does Mildred react to the sound when Montag is reading in the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to people who are found with books in their possession?
2. What does the elderly woman do before the firemen light the blaze in her home?
3. What does Montag reveal to Mildred after Beatty leaves their home?
4. Why did the book burnings first begin?
5. Why does Beatty come to visit Montag after the book burning at the elderly woman’s home?
6. What surprises Montag about Clarisse’s family when he first meets them?
7. How does Montag react after the book burning at the elderly woman’s home?
8. How is Montag treated on his first day back at work after his “illness”?
9. What does Clarisse question about Montag’s way of life, and how does he react to her questions?
10. How does Montag react to the fire call at the elderly woman’s house in Section One?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)