|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mildred been pressuring her husband to do?
(a) Go to a fertility specialist
(b) Add television to the fourth wall in the living room
(c) Take her to the beach
(d) Quit his job
2. Why is Mildred grateful when the phone rings during Montag’s tirade about the truth?
(a) It's an excuse to get away from the books
(b) She thinks it's Montag’s office telling him to come in to work
(c) She was afraid all communication in their house had been cut off
(d) She hasn’t spoken to Ann in weeks
3. What is the most important thing in Mildred’s life?
(a) Her husband
(b) Her television
(c) Her education
(d) Her religion
4. Who actually lights the fire at the attic book owner’s home?
(a) Captain Beatty
(b) The homeowner
(d) The accusing neighbor
5. What takes up three full walls in the Montag's living room?
(c) An abstract painting
(d) The television
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Montag and Clarisse do each morning?
2. When discussing his personal history with Montag, what does Faber call himself?
3. During their first meeting, what does Montag ask Faber to do to help him?
4. Why is Montag so desperate to understand the books?
5. How old is Clarisse McClellan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the book burnings first begin?
2. What is interesting about Guy Montag’s job as a fireman?
3. What is the hound at work specifically trained to do?
4. What surprises Montag about Clarisse’s family when he first meets them?
5. What does Montag reveal to Mildred after Beatty leaves their home?
6. According to Beatty, what was the main goal of the firemen when the book burnings first began, and how does this fit into the new society’s goal?
7. Who is Clarisse McClellan, and how does Montag meet her?
8. What does the elderly woman do before the firemen light the blaze in her home?
9. What does Montag come to suspect about the mechanical firedog at his work?
10. Why does Beatty come to visit Montag after the book burning at the elderly woman’s home?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)